![]() |
|
|
Disclaimer The reader accepts, on reading of this disclaimer, that the Internet is a vast wasteland of crap that spews out of human minds. This blog is no different. Any assumptions or conclusions that the reader draws from this blog are not the responsibility of the author, along with any physical or psychological harm that might result from the reading of this blog. Author The author is a paranoid, deranged and cynical misanthrope who records snippets of her life so that she will remember them when she grows old and withered. The identities of any names or initials on this blog are based on the assumptions of the reader unless otherwise specified, and the author claims no responsibility for them. Reality The author somehow got into medical school. Yes, you of the general public, shudder and fear the wrath of an inept doctor. Loves Reading, Maisy (my dog), tea, writing (albeit badly), piano, music, junk food. Hates Almost everything else besides the things mentioned above. Friends Bao Cheng' Bernice' Chien Young' Chun Hing' Claire' Faustina' Felicia' Ferly' Gloria' Irene' Irene & Jiaying' Jac' Jiamin' Jiasin' Jiaying' Lutheng' Karene' Marissa' Melesa' Mingyi' My fictionpress' Pamelia' Pei Rong' Qiu Ting' Rachel' Satires Site' Stasia' Sylvia' The Clique' Vinette' Wenjia' Xin Rong' Xue Ying' Yanne & I' Yanne & Jamie' Zeena' 203' Archives Chat area |
Saturday, November 03, 2012
Yes, I have just spent just about the entire night revamping this blog's appearance. Was getting rather sick of the previous template. So... Seeing how I've just spent the entire night on something that superficial, here's more superficial stuff to contend with. Like what I plan to do these hols: 1) Pack my room, which looks like it's been paper-bombed heavily in the past 3 months or so. 2) Work on getting our research project published. Which might or might not involve a summer scholarship. Not too keen on working that hard all summer, after the hell that's been the past 3 months (exams+research+clinical workload). 3) Maybe get a job. 4) Go to China for a holiday! 5) SLEEP. 6) Possibly learn a new instrument. 7) Master the art of becoming a couch potato. All of this depends, of course, on me passing 4th year. Which might or might not happen. Either way, here's my wishlist of stuff for my birthday/Christmas: 1) Pass 4th year. There can be no better gift than this. 2) A guitar/violin. I figured those 2 would be the cheapest instruments to get/upkeep since a cello's clearly outta the budget. 3) Books; really want Cloud Atlas, or most of the Haruki Murakami books besides 1Q84 which I possess. And a ton of others (no, not Fifty Shades of Grey though. That is honestly an abomination; read 2 chapters and felt like vomiting). 4) A new phone. Possibly an iPhone. This depends on whether my current Nokia survives till April when my plan expires. 5) A new backpack (which I will be on the hunt for in China, oh land-of-cheap-stuff). I don't think my right shoulder will survive the heavy bag I regularly subject it to thanks to all the thick medical textbooks. I'm sure there's heaps more stuff that I want. But I think most importantly, I just want to pass this year. I don't think I could survive spending the entire holidays studying... And it will definitely cause my self-esteem to plummet from low to non-existent. It turns out that the board of examiners meeting's been shifted a week (from the previously deduced/assumed date). Meaning there's about 1.5 weeks more of agony before I find out if I passed OSCEs (14th Nov is the date). And we find out about the written papers on the 16th of Nov. All before my birthday. Please, if there's a God out there, I don't want to spend my birthday studying. On another note, reading EB's report for the faculty on our conference made me literally LOL. I won't elaborate much on it except to say that if she really believes what she wrote, she is one seriously deluded woman. She learnt heaps from writing up our poster? Oh really? My understanding was that she meddled with the colour scheme, and that was about all she did. Unless she learnt from that... My bad. And enhancing her clinical knowledge by listening to the invited speakers... Oh of course, in her motel room while busy studying. I think her entire report should just have been: ''Thank you for the funding for a subsidised holiday in the lovely city of Hobart. It was thoroughly enjoyable, and could not have happened without this monetary support. KTHXBAI.'' It seems like EB would have to go to church to confess her sins from all the lying. Lol. And no, I didn't mean any of that with malice. I was genuinely amused by her report. Heh. 11:49 PM
|