![]() |
|
|
Disclaimer The reader accepts, on reading of this disclaimer, that the Internet is a vast wasteland of crap that spews out of human minds. This blog is no different. Any assumptions or conclusions that the reader draws from this blog are not the responsibility of the author, along with any physical or psychological harm that might result from the reading of this blog. Author The author is a paranoid, deranged and cynical misanthrope who records snippets of her life so that she will remember them when she grows old and withered. The identities of any names or initials on this blog are based on the assumptions of the reader unless otherwise specified, and the author claims no responsibility for them. Reality The author somehow got into medical school. Yes, you of the general public, shudder and fear the wrath of an inept doctor. Loves Reading, Maisy (my dog), tea, writing (albeit badly), piano, music, junk food. Hates Almost everything else besides the things mentioned above. Friends Bao Cheng' Bernice' Chien Young' Chun Hing' Claire' Faustina' Felicia' Ferly' Gloria' Irene' Irene & Jiaying' Jac' Jiamin' Jiasin' Jiaying' Lutheng' Karene' Marissa' Melesa' Mingyi' My fictionpress' Pamelia' Pei Rong' Qiu Ting' Rachel' Satires Site' Stasia' Sylvia' The Clique' Vinette' Wenjia' Xin Rong' Xue Ying' Yanne & I' Yanne & Jamie' Zeena' 203' Archives Chat area |
Friday, November 16, 2012
So... Today was D-day; releasing of results. I had a sleepless night, and had a nightmare about how I did really badly. It wasn't too bad actually. Got a mixed bag this year instead of the straight HDs last year, with 4 HDs, 4 Ds and 2 credits. I'm pleased with the majority of them, having made peace with psych earlier in the year (1 of the credits). Pleasantly surprised by pathology, which I thought I'd flunked but somehow became my best unit. What really pisses me off is research. I mean, having done just about the entire project on our own with feedback from DE... I expected to get a decent mark from it. At least better than my OSCE/SPM marks given how OSCE is OSCE and I was sick on the day of SPM (cramps. Couldn't really concentrate). Turns out I did better in BOTH OSCE and SPM than RESEARCH. Which I'd spent so much time on it is ridiculous. Fine, I know time doesn't mean quality. I was just annoyed that DE/the burns department are a bunch of stingy bastards. What really pushed me into a burning rage (lol) was finding out that VC and JT did better than us, even though their supervisor basically did their entire project for them. Moreover, they did not even write a damn final report, and they f*cking copied our work at 1 point. I have no fking clue how they could have done better than us, as arrogant as that sounds. Fine, 74 is a decent mark. But not when they got 78/77 for doing a worse job than us. Gonna confront DE about it after finding out what CT/ML got for their project. I guess if it's an intrinsic problem with our project, I'd accept it. But we've not gotten any negative feedback on our performance. On the other hand, they've been going on about how we're the best group etc etc. So it came as a rude shock to find out that I didn't do that well. And the irony is that in my nightmare, I dreamt that I'd gotten 76 for research, which is better than what I actually got. The irony hit me like DE's very monotonous voice, making me literally exclaim what?! in incomprehension when I finally realised that I got 74 for research. Can't be as bad as SL and EB though. They both got a low-mid 60. I think if I'd gotten that, the burns department would be in flames now. I honestly don't think any of us deserved our marks for research. Don't think it's the biggest of EB's worries given how she failed the OSCEs though. I'm just feeling kinda sore because I could have diverted more time/effort into my other units, and my rotations probably suffered thanks to research. But yes, I should be happy. I did surprisingly well for the written papers and OSCEs; still have no clue how I scraped a HD for all the written papers (which I crammed in the day before each exam), and 75 for both OSCE and SPM. Another puzzling thing was my geris/msk mark. After calculating back, I realised that I got a measly 42% for the MCQ exam, despite thinking I did fine after the exam. And I've never bombed out that badly before (worst mark in med school so far is 65. Psych this year :P). I know that we were in Tas the entire week before, and I crammed all the study into about 1.5 days. But it was an MCQ exam. I honestly don't think I could have bombed out that badly. But there is a possibility I guess, and I'll only find out when the unit coordinator replies my email. Not complaining though; still managed a 68% overall thanks to geris. Yay to officially being in 5th year though!! :D 'Tis a good feeling, especially knowing some of the people who failed OSCEs whom I really feel didn't deserve to fail. And goodbye (officially) to 4th year; here's a kick up your arse for being such a shit year! Ok fine, to qualify that, it was mainly thanks to having no life due to research. Which wouldn't have been as bad if I'd actually gotten a good mark for it instead of a somewhat dismal one. Blergh. 4:13 PM
|