![]() |
|
|
Disclaimer The reader accepts, on reading of this disclaimer, that the Internet is a vast wasteland of crap that spews out of human minds. This blog is no different. Any assumptions or conclusions that the reader draws from this blog are not the responsibility of the author, along with any physical or psychological harm that might result from the reading of this blog. Author The author is a paranoid, deranged and cynical misanthrope who records snippets of her life so that she will remember them when she grows old and withered. The identities of any names or initials on this blog are based on the assumptions of the reader unless otherwise specified, and the author claims no responsibility for them. Reality The author somehow got into medical school. Yes, you of the general public, shudder and fear the wrath of an inept doctor. Loves Reading, Maisy (my dog), tea, writing (albeit badly), piano, music, junk food. Hates Almost everything else besides the things mentioned above. Friends Bao Cheng' Bernice' Chien Young' Chun Hing' Claire' Faustina' Felicia' Ferly' Gloria' Irene' Irene & Jiaying' Jac' Jiamin' Jiasin' Jiaying' Lutheng' Karene' Marissa' Melesa' Mingyi' My fictionpress' Pamelia' Pei Rong' Qiu Ting' Rachel' Satires Site' Stasia' Sylvia' The Clique' Vinette' Wenjia' Xin Rong' Xue Ying' Yanne & I' Yanne & Jamie' Zeena' 203' Archives Chat area |
Tuesday, December 07, 2010
I thought I'd elaborate a little on the revamping of this blog. Some of the inspiration stemmed from a recent nightmare that I had that had its roots in a certain event in a certain school regarding a certain teacher :P. I'm guessing that you've all guessed that yes, it was about Xinrong's momsy. Apparently I was so deeply traumatised by the time that she yanked my hair during that fateful PCCG lesson that it's cropped up in my nightmares about 7 years down the road. I just wonder what Freud would say about that. Just to refresh all your memories, it was during this PCCG lesson where Xinrong and I were sitting together docilely and chatting away with little regard for what Mrs Ng was saying when she snuck behind me and yanked my hair. Fine, admitedly it was my fault for chatting, but it demonstrates her undying love for Xinrong since she chose to abuse me instead. Returning from the digression; I thought it was such a waste for this blog to just wither away into obscurity. Besides a few phantoms who frequent this place, I'm not sure if anyone even bothers to read it anymore. After all, it mutated into a few infrequent uninteresting rants about academia and other mundane issues in the recent years. I was thinking that a change in URL and perhaps layout (if I get the time) might provide me a fresh start on blogging again. I do miss writing; it allows me to dump my silly little raves into a quiet alcove somewhere in the bowels of cyberspace. In some ways, it gives me an outlet to relive the good times and also dispose of the horrid ones that usually happen at uni. It's akin to the cleansing of the soul, or more crudely, Dumbledore's use of the penseive in Harry Potter (yes, I can hear the groans arising from the horrible analogy). I was also rifting through my old blog posts from the good ol' times in NYGH, and I do have to admit that I really miss those times. The memories that I've tried to keep bottled up in order to open myself up to the possibilities of new friendships have just inevitably spilt over in light of the shitty ones that I've forged at uni. The word 'forged' is indeed quite apt here, since it's all just a farce; besides the ordinary details of academia, there's nothing else that I have in common with them. Also, as I've ranted to some of you, most of the people have meandered their way onto my personal hit list, which has grown significantly over the past 2 years of university. The nostalgia that arose from the reading of the blog posts was the inspiration to revamp this blog. It was interesting to see how much and how little I've changed, and I really want to keep recording down these nuggets of my life (nuggets really reminds me of fast food XD) for me to ponder over several years down the road. My old posts allowed me to relive most of the emotions associated with those moments that I thought were significant enough to be recorded down, and I really love reading through them. As such, I think I will make an effort to revamp this blog, though I will shift it to a different URL and start everything afresh. Perhaps Facebook will be a good place to announce the details about the new blog, and I will inform those that are welcome there. Obviously I don't want any of those imbeciles from uni (there are some who're nice, but I like my privacy) to suddenly wander in, so I'll have to think carefully about how I go about restructuring this place. I might also get back to 'free' writing. As I mentioned above, I miss writing. Writing doesn't just entail blogging after all, so I might or might not start composing (for lack of a better use of a word) again. It really depends on the amount of time and frankly how bothered I am :P. Alrighty, enough ranting for the time being. I suppose these 2 large posts make up for the large absence in recent times? :) 12:15 AM
|