![]() |
|
|
Disclaimer The reader accepts, on reading of this disclaimer, that the Internet is a vast wasteland of crap that spews out of human minds. This blog is no different. Any assumptions or conclusions that the reader draws from this blog are not the responsibility of the author, along with any physical or psychological harm that might result from the reading of this blog. Author The author is a paranoid, deranged and cynical misanthrope who records snippets of her life so that she will remember them when she grows old and withered. The identities of any names or initials on this blog are based on the assumptions of the reader unless otherwise specified, and the author claims no responsibility for them. Reality The author somehow got into medical school. Yes, you of the general public, shudder and fear the wrath of an inept doctor. Loves Reading, Maisy (my dog), tea, writing (albeit badly), piano, music, junk food. Hates Almost everything else besides the things mentioned above. Friends Bao Cheng' Bernice' Chien Young' Chun Hing' Claire' Faustina' Felicia' Ferly' Gloria' Irene' Irene & Jiaying' Jac' Jiamin' Jiasin' Jiaying' Lutheng' Karene' Marissa' Melesa' Mingyi' My fictionpress' Pamelia' Pei Rong' Qiu Ting' Rachel' Satires Site' Stasia' Sylvia' The Clique' Vinette' Wenjia' Xin Rong' Xue Ying' Yanne & I' Yanne & Jamie' Zeena' 203' Archives Chat area |
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
I really can't believe this is the 4th wk of uni already. Perhaps it's because it's been so bad that well, I haven't really noticed. Both in terms of school work and social life. This semester's a lot busier and harder than the previous one and seeing I don't have that much time at all (I'm still tutoring, though I've cut hours down. Kind of been forced to do it due to the workload and timetable), I've just barely managed to keep up with lectures and not done any revision/assignments (though most are thankfully due in at least a month). I probably won't be able to keep going at this rate but I really don't have a choice :(. Socially, I think uni's taken quite a big turn for the worse. Perhaps it's because people were astounded that my grades were almost as good as theirs for the end of sem exams (despite my 9hours/wk tutoring last sem) that they've started bugging me about uni work. Well, really only 2 of them. And it's starting to grate on my nerves because I don't know every single thing and it's not fair to keep depending on me to keep them updated when they should do it themselves. I have so little time already and I really can't afford to waste time like that. And a certain dinner on Saturday kind of pissed me off too, but I've already ranted to mel (thanks heaps for listening! :)) and it's not safe to rant here in front of prying eyes. Anyway, on a slightly lighter note, I got my P plates (driver's license) in the last wk of the hols. I guess this was gd for me but related to an issue I mentioned before (which mel again heard a lot about. Lol). And I'm rather peeved that I haven't gotten $125 of my tutoring pay ($150, if you include tomorrow) from one of my students. The parents pay me straight into my bank account, but they haven't done so since the end of last term, which was 7 weeks ago. And I feel bad asking for it. I guess I'll just have to keep note and if they really haven't done so in the next 2 weeks, I'll have to attempt to email (it is my money after all). I'd better go to bed earlier. Going to uni at 9, and although my lessons end at 12, I've got to tutor from 3.30-5.45. So yes, I'll get home at around 6.30-7, depending on how bad the traffic is. And yes, that's considered normal/early, since I finish tutoring at 4.30/6.30 on alternate mondays (1 student only has 2 hrs every 2 wks) and thurs and fri are full uni days (8-5 on thurs, 9-4 on fri). Admitedly, tues are my rest days or rather catchup days on the lectures/work that I haven't done. My life sucks :(. 11:07 PM
|