![]() |
|
|
Disclaimer The reader accepts, on reading of this disclaimer, that the Internet is a vast wasteland of crap that spews out of human minds. This blog is no different. Any assumptions or conclusions that the reader draws from this blog are not the responsibility of the author, along with any physical or psychological harm that might result from the reading of this blog. Author The author is a paranoid, deranged and cynical misanthrope who records snippets of her life so that she will remember them when she grows old and withered. The identities of any names or initials on this blog are based on the assumptions of the reader unless otherwise specified, and the author claims no responsibility for them. Reality The author somehow got into medical school. Yes, you of the general public, shudder and fear the wrath of an inept doctor. Loves Reading, Maisy (my dog), tea, writing (albeit badly), piano, music, junk food. Hates Almost everything else besides the things mentioned above. Friends Bao Cheng' Bernice' Chien Young' Chun Hing' Claire' Faustina' Felicia' Ferly' Gloria' Irene' Irene & Jiaying' Jac' Jiamin' Jiasin' Jiaying' Lutheng' Karene' Marissa' Melesa' Mingyi' My fictionpress' Pamelia' Pei Rong' Qiu Ting' Rachel' Satires Site' Stasia' Sylvia' The Clique' Vinette' Wenjia' Xin Rong' Xue Ying' Yanne & I' Yanne & Jamie' Zeena' 203' Archives Chat area |
Friday, May 29, 2009
I'm sure there're a lot of people out there who empathise with me with regards to idiotic siblings. Unfortunately, 50% of the time, these sibilings are older. And thus think they are so much smarter, more intelligent, brilliant, intellectual, astute, perceptive, street-wise and mature than you are. So much so that the mountains must shake with their impeccable logic and knowledge. Haha. Kiss my arse. (not literally, of course. That would be defiling my rear end) Currently, the financial situation at home (and well, everywhere) is in dire straits. Both my parents are unemployed (my dad only works very part time), and have been since they sold off their newsagency 3 months ago. I think I've mentioned this in the past posts, but yes, it has impacted significantly on our lives. Very significantly. I now have to work about 10hrs a week (tutoring) on top of studying. Which isn't the nicest thing a student has to do with a workload such as the medical course. However, what must be done must be done. I do feel very tired and my brain feels like imploding (I'm surprised it hasn't) from the long days I have 4 days a week (I leave home as early as 7, and get home around 7 every day). Yet, I attempt not to complain as I know my parents are feeling rather useless that I have to work so hard on top of studying. My dear brother, on the other hand, only works about 5 hrs a week. Yes, he is in 3rd yr and it's supposed to be tougher etc etc, but honestly, he spends half his time on computer games anyway. While I am tutoring after uni, he comes home and takes a nap, or hooks up onto the Internet or World of Warcraft or whatever game he fancies. And on the days he has a nap, he inconsiderately stays up till around 1am playing his game, when I am trying to sleep in the room (still sleeping in the study room since my room hasn't been cleared after my gran left). This same dear brother who claims to have the above qualities I mentioned in paragraph 1 has been harping on about how shitarse our financial situation is. True, it is. But what fking gd would it do to mention it? He mentioned it this afternoon to my mum, who was complaining about how she has to pay for dinner when friends visit from singapore. He cleverly said that it should be right that friends pay for each other, and that all my mum's life, she hasn't had friends because she refuses to do so. Wtf?! Yeah, like he has so many friends. Other than poking fun at his close to non-existent social life, how hurtful would it be to my mum? My parents have spent close to $100000 on his school fees in the past 3 years alone. Think about how much they have had to stinge and save to get that money. Unfortunately, he's so mature that he doesn't even understand that. Instead, when I rebutt him about what's wrong about dividing out the cost of the food when going out with friends, he labels me, with a superiorly smug voice, as being too immature and implies that my friends are too immature as well. Fyi, apart from you guys in singapore (who are far from being immature and are really, more mature than his friends), my friends here are actually biologically and generally more mature than him in all aspects. Such as being able to go into the army at the age of 18, rather than wasting $100000 just because he's too wimpy to do so. I don't see what's wrong with splitting the cost of food. Why, does that make you seem financially inadequate? IMMATURE, as my dear brother thinks so? Or just plain wasting your parents' money? Seeing that he takes (or used to, since he claims he's been paying his own expenses since they were unemployed. I really don't agree, but obviously have no camcorders over my mum's handbag or something to prove it) close to $100 per week for his expenses, I'm not surprised. Fine, that includes petrol, which is necessary and which I use too. But, it's not as if I, the immature one, haven't been paying for my own expenses either. So really, your holier-than-thou logic is a huge failure and ultimately reflects on you as a highly immature person. Lol, so much for being superior. He earns less than half of what I earn in a week. Well, he monthly earns what I earn in a WEEK. And he thinks he is so much cleverer than I am. If he is, why doesn't he get more jobs? Why isn't he getting a HD in every unit like I am (admittedly, it's only 1st sem of 1st yr and 1st sem isn't even over, but I am learning close to everything [excluding chinese] from SCRATCH because I didn't do bio/human bio in high school)? Why didn't he get a general exhibition, 99.90 or above, a scholarship to even a single uni and work in the first yr of uni? I guess you could say academic results aren't the best gauge of intelligence, but speech and subject of speech could count, don't you think so? I still like the fact that my lowest mark was 0.3 marks off his highest mark in the TEE though. Not that he likes it at all, obviously. He goes into another 1 of his holier-than-thou talks about TEE mattering close to nothing (my arse), and that he just came from singapore (um, isn't that ironic? It's because he JUST CAME from his oh-so-prestigious school RI that he should have done better). Disclaimer: I don't really have anything against RI, but just against my bro's view that it is like mount everest of all the singaporean schools. At the end of the day, his holier-than-thou speeches don't do anything except inspire others. Yeah, inspire others to want to whack him in the face, stick a thermometer in his mouth to check if he's running a brain-burning fever, send him for a CT scan of his head to check if he actually has a brain. I suppose more importantly, it just sparks more unhappiness and, in the case of my parents, more feelings of incompetence. Just because he got into medicine and *might* graduate and become a doctor doesn't mean he is better than everyone else. I really hate this attitude in med students (how ironic, you must be thinking). Big fat deal. There're so many better people who just didn't choose to do med. And one of those reasons is because of those arseholes like my brother, who think they have godly intelligence due to the fact that they jumped over some measley university hurdles like some circus animal leaping through fire rings. At least I see some appeal in those animals. On another note, exams are coming up in 1.5 weeks. I am screwed, SCREWED, to say the least. Thus, I'll probably be disappearing off the face of blogger until the end of exams (18th june!!!), unless something alike the ways of my moronic brother inspire another post. 10:11 PM
|