![]() |
|
|
Disclaimer The reader accepts, on reading of this disclaimer, that the Internet is a vast wasteland of crap that spews out of human minds. This blog is no different. Any assumptions or conclusions that the reader draws from this blog are not the responsibility of the author, along with any physical or psychological harm that might result from the reading of this blog. Author The author is a paranoid, deranged and cynical misanthrope who records snippets of her life so that she will remember them when she grows old and withered. The identities of any names or initials on this blog are based on the assumptions of the reader unless otherwise specified, and the author claims no responsibility for them. Reality The author somehow got into medical school. Yes, you of the general public, shudder and fear the wrath of an inept doctor. Loves Reading, Maisy (my dog), tea, writing (albeit badly), piano, music, junk food. Hates Almost everything else besides the things mentioned above. Friends Bao Cheng' Bernice' Chien Young' Chun Hing' Claire' Faustina' Felicia' Ferly' Gloria' Irene' Irene & Jiaying' Jac' Jiamin' Jiasin' Jiaying' Lutheng' Karene' Marissa' Melesa' Mingyi' My fictionpress' Pamelia' Pei Rong' Qiu Ting' Rachel' Satires Site' Stasia' Sylvia' The Clique' Vinette' Wenjia' Xin Rong' Xue Ying' Yanne & I' Yanne & Jamie' Zeena' 203' Archives Chat area |
Friday, April 24, 2009
My first ever uni mid semester test was quite... Disastrous. I suppose it got better as the paper progressed, but the first question tripped me up. And triggered off epinephrine (adrenaline) in my brain, causing me to panic. The question, if you were that interested, was: Which of the following is not present in the initiation stage of translation? (something along those lines) a) Large and small ribosomal subunits b) mRNA c) tRNA binds with methionine d) mRNA binds with methionine a and b were quite no brainers- obviously they're used in translation. After the exam, the question is quite a no brainer. d definitely doesn't happen. Guess which one I picked? No prizes for the right answer. Yes, I picked c. I thought both c and d were right. Because USUALLY, amino acids are added to tRNA during amino acid activation (before initiation). Turns out methionine is the only, fricking exception. So much for embracing individuality :P. Anyway, my mum, brother and I were listening to Susan Boyle and Shaheen from 'Britains' got talent' on youtube! They're both really amazing, though I think most of Susan's fame is attributed to her looks (or lack thereof). If a really good looking person sang that, I doubt it would have gotten the same kind of international reaction/recognition. It's just amazing how much emphasis we put on a person's appearance, and how that impacts on a person's judgement. I think it's sad that these people also know what stigmas society attaches to them through stereotyping. Like Susan knew that Simon was speaking a load of bullshit when he said he knew she was going to do something extraordinary. Well, I suppose he expected her to do something extraordinarily bad. Poor Shaheen, on the other hand, despite being cute, was cut off on his first song. I agree that it was a bit painful listening to him sing that song. It's just the wrong song! But when he sang 'Who's loving you'... it was just amazing. Lol, I sound like I'm advertising for Britain's Got Talent. Anyway, we got a new chinese assignment on Wednesday. It's due next Friday as usual. Seeing that I had that MGC (molecules, genes and cells) test today and another (foundies of med chem) on Tuesday... And not to mention the community placement on Wed and Thurs, I have no idea when I'm going to get down to doing it. Sigh. We also had a mid sem test for chinese. I studied 1 hr for it. And it's double the % of the other 2 med ones, for which I studied the entire of last week for. LOL. And the 1 hr was spent learning what you call your relatives (there were 5 ques). HAHA. And I think I did better in chinese than mgc. How ironic. 10:08 PM
|