Disclaimer

The reader accepts, on reading of this disclaimer, that the Internet is a vast wasteland of crap that spews out of human minds. This blog is no different. Any assumptions or conclusions that the reader draws from this blog are not the responsibility of the author, along with any physical or psychological harm that might result from the reading of this blog.

Author

The author is a paranoid, deranged and cynical misanthrope who records snippets of her life so that she will remember them when she grows old and withered. The identities of any names or initials on this blog are based on the assumptions of the reader unless otherwise specified, and the author claims no responsibility for them.

Reality

The author somehow got into medical school. Yes, you of the general public, shudder and fear the wrath of an inept doctor.

Loves

Reading, Maisy (my dog), tea, writing (albeit badly), piano, music, junk food.

Hates

Almost everything else besides the things mentioned above.

Friends

Bao Cheng' Bernice' Chien Young' Chun Hing' Claire' Faustina' Felicia' Ferly' Gloria' Irene' Irene & Jiaying' Jac' Jiamin' Jiasin' Jiaying' Lutheng' Karene' Marissa' Melesa' Mingyi' My fictionpress' Pamelia' Pei Rong' Qiu Ting' Rachel' Satires Site' Stasia' Sylvia' The Clique' Vinette' Wenjia' Xin Rong' Xue Ying' Yanne & I' Yanne & Jamie' Zeena' 203'

Archives

03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004 10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004 01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005 02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005 03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005 04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005 05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005 06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005 07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005 08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005 09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005 10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005 11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006 02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006 03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006 04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006 05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006 06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006 07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006 08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006 09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006 10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006 11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006 12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007 01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007 02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007 03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007 04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007 06/01/2007 - 07/01/2007 07/01/2007 - 08/01/2007 08/01/2007 - 09/01/2007 09/01/2007 - 10/01/2007 10/01/2007 - 11/01/2007 11/01/2007 - 12/01/2007 12/01/2007 - 01/01/2008 01/01/2008 - 02/01/2008 02/01/2008 - 03/01/2008 03/01/2008 - 04/01/2008 04/01/2008 - 05/01/2008 05/01/2008 - 06/01/2008 06/01/2008 - 07/01/2008 07/01/2008 - 08/01/2008 08/01/2008 - 09/01/2008 09/01/2008 - 10/01/2008 10/01/2008 - 11/01/2008 11/01/2008 - 12/01/2008 12/01/2008 - 01/01/2009 01/01/2009 - 02/01/2009 02/01/2009 - 03/01/2009 03/01/2009 - 04/01/2009 04/01/2009 - 05/01/2009 05/01/2009 - 06/01/2009 06/01/2009 - 07/01/2009 07/01/2009 - 08/01/2009 08/01/2009 - 09/01/2009 09/01/2009 - 10/01/2009 12/01/2009 - 01/01/2010 08/01/2010 - 09/01/2010 12/01/2010 - 01/01/2011 06/01/2011 - 07/01/2011 04/01/2012 - 05/01/2012 08/01/2012 - 09/01/2012 09/01/2012 - 10/01/2012 10/01/2012 - 11/01/2012 11/01/2012 - 12/01/2012 12/01/2012 - 01/01/2013 01/01/2013 - 02/01/2013 02/01/2013 - 03/01/2013 03/01/2013 - 04/01/2013 04/01/2013 - 05/01/2013 05/01/2013 - 06/01/2013 06/01/2013 - 07/01/2013 07/01/2013 - 08/01/2013 11/01/2013 - 12/01/2013 12/01/2013 - 01/01/2014 02/01/2014 - 03/01/2014 03/01/2014 - 04/01/2014 05/01/2014 - 06/01/2014

Chat area


Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Due to the extra time that I'm having these couple of days, I've returned to blogging more regularly! The extra time meaning the time that I was supposed to be using for revision but couldn't be bothered. There aren't any tests, so who cares :P.

Went out with friends today! A really long time since that happened. Had waffles and icecream for lunch (it's half price Tues! Woohoo!). And while I was enjoying my delectable, Dutch chocolate icecream, my dear friend Chris was describing his shitting experience during the morning's chemistry lecture. Apparently shit is more important than the lecture, seeing he ran out in the middle of it (better than me: I turned up for 10 minutes of the entire lecture. LOL).

And yes, it was CHOCOLATE icecream.

I think you've drawn sufficient conclusions from that.

Then went along to get a camera for Eva's boyfriend. From a budget of $150, she ended up paying $205. She could have bought an ipod for him! Geez!

That's just because I want an ipod (as you'd have surmised from me saying I was going to buy 1 from the $5000 the govt here threw at me for my fantastic results).

Oh oh!

For the first time since moving to this beautiful, isolated city in the armpit of the world (as Ng so concisely put it), I found someone else who has a BLOG!

Except he's malaysian too. Guess it's not much of an angmoh thing (seeing their brains have probably shrivelled to the size of a green bean from all that booze, drugs and gene pool degeneration).

And yes, Young, if you're reading this, I'm telling everyone who reads this that you finished the essay ONE MONTH before it was due. When close to everyone hadn't even started.

*shocked gasp*

On the other hand, I know someone from my old school who hasn't even STARTED writing hers, and it's due on Thurs and she's gonna be dead beat tomorrow getting to school at 4am to help sell newspapers for charity.

*second shocked gasp, sudden thud from someone fainting*

Speaking of fainting, I had my 2nd blood test yesterday. I think I'd been so distracted that I forgot about the pain and trauma till I was queueing up for it. Mine took so long that even people after me finished way earlier. The nurse had to go get a smaller needle (fortunately not after pricking me) because she (like the other one last year) said my veins were tiny. I told her the other nurse said they were puny, and she went 'you know what? They haven't grown'. LOL.

I heard that some people fainted, while a friend was so petrified she had to be calmed down (I think it was because she got pricked 7 times the last time she had to get a blood test. Now THAT would be traumatising). A guy from my tute (the boring one at 8am on Mondays) whom I'd just spoken to that morn was also really ill. Poor people.

On the other hand, some people had a great time. Chris was singing the Khazakstan national anthem from Borat to the general amusement of everyone in the queue (who, unknown to him, had fallen silent to hear his *amazing* rendition) and another guy (Lincoln I think) ask the nurse if he could scream, and started shouting stuff like 'argh! She's killing me!' and 'I'm going to sue her!'. The nurse then came out and told everyone that she didn't do anything. LOL.

Anyway, my blood test hurt like hell. My family keeps saying it's like an ant bite, but I'd hate to meet an ant like that. We also had to have a mantoux test (for tuberculosis). They apparently inject the dead tuberculosis protein (I personally don't know what they inject, but it's something that's suppose to say if you've got TB) under your skin so it becomes a little bubble. Well, little would be an understatement.

Mine's supposed to swell up because I had BCG, but it hasn't! And other people who had BCG also didn't get theirs swelling up! So much for the Man Tou (bun) test. The bump is supposed to look like a bun! Lol, bad pun, I know.

Anyway, I shall go sleep soon. Really tired. At least all morning classes are cancelled because of the newspaper selling thing! Woohoo! :D

But I still have chinese :(. And I have to go let them read my little Mantou and say if I'm positive or negative for TB. Sigh.

9:17 PM