Disclaimer

The reader accepts, on reading of this disclaimer, that the Internet is a vast wasteland of crap that spews out of human minds. This blog is no different. Any assumptions or conclusions that the reader draws from this blog are not the responsibility of the author, along with any physical or psychological harm that might result from the reading of this blog.

Author

The author is a paranoid, deranged and cynical misanthrope who records snippets of her life so that she will remember them when she grows old and withered. The identities of any names or initials on this blog are based on the assumptions of the reader unless otherwise specified, and the author claims no responsibility for them.

Reality

The author somehow got into medical school. Yes, you of the general public, shudder and fear the wrath of an inept doctor.

Loves

Reading, Maisy (my dog), tea, writing (albeit badly), piano, music, junk food.

Hates

Almost everything else besides the things mentioned above.

Friends

Bao Cheng' Bernice' Chien Young' Chun Hing' Claire' Faustina' Felicia' Ferly' Gloria' Irene' Irene & Jiaying' Jac' Jiamin' Jiasin' Jiaying' Lutheng' Karene' Marissa' Melesa' Mingyi' My fictionpress' Pamelia' Pei Rong' Qiu Ting' Rachel' Satires Site' Stasia' Sylvia' The Clique' Vinette' Wenjia' Xin Rong' Xue Ying' Yanne & I' Yanne & Jamie' Zeena' 203'

Archives

03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004 10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004 01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005 02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005 03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005 04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005 05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005 06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005 07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005 08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005 09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005 10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005 11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006 02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006 03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006 04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006 05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006 06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006 07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006 08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006 09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006 10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006 11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006 12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007 01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007 02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007 03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007 04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007 06/01/2007 - 07/01/2007 07/01/2007 - 08/01/2007 08/01/2007 - 09/01/2007 09/01/2007 - 10/01/2007 10/01/2007 - 11/01/2007 11/01/2007 - 12/01/2007 12/01/2007 - 01/01/2008 01/01/2008 - 02/01/2008 02/01/2008 - 03/01/2008 03/01/2008 - 04/01/2008 04/01/2008 - 05/01/2008 05/01/2008 - 06/01/2008 06/01/2008 - 07/01/2008 07/01/2008 - 08/01/2008 08/01/2008 - 09/01/2008 09/01/2008 - 10/01/2008 10/01/2008 - 11/01/2008 11/01/2008 - 12/01/2008 12/01/2008 - 01/01/2009 01/01/2009 - 02/01/2009 02/01/2009 - 03/01/2009 03/01/2009 - 04/01/2009 04/01/2009 - 05/01/2009 05/01/2009 - 06/01/2009 06/01/2009 - 07/01/2009 07/01/2009 - 08/01/2009 08/01/2009 - 09/01/2009 09/01/2009 - 10/01/2009 12/01/2009 - 01/01/2010 08/01/2010 - 09/01/2010 12/01/2010 - 01/01/2011 06/01/2011 - 07/01/2011 04/01/2012 - 05/01/2012 08/01/2012 - 09/01/2012 09/01/2012 - 10/01/2012 10/01/2012 - 11/01/2012 11/01/2012 - 12/01/2012 12/01/2012 - 01/01/2013 01/01/2013 - 02/01/2013 02/01/2013 - 03/01/2013 03/01/2013 - 04/01/2013 04/01/2013 - 05/01/2013 05/01/2013 - 06/01/2013 06/01/2013 - 07/01/2013 07/01/2013 - 08/01/2013 11/01/2013 - 12/01/2013 12/01/2013 - 01/01/2014 02/01/2014 - 03/01/2014 03/01/2014 - 04/01/2014 05/01/2014 - 06/01/2014

Chat area


Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Exam results could have been better, but nonetheless, I was quite satisfied with them.

Lit: 77% (woot! I got 22/25 for my prose essay!)
Physics: 88% (extremely careless... Was probably the most disappointing, because I lost nearly all my marks in stupid mistakes. I suppose being the last of my exams, I got a bit tired)
Chem: 92% (was very careless too! But I was happy. I think it was the 2nd top, or tied 1st)
Calc: 92% (well, 91 and 2/3 really... Exactly the same mark as sem 1! And to add to the deja vu effect, I topped the exam by a margin of 12%. Not as great as the last time, but I believe great enough)
Applic Maths: 95% (top mark! By .5 of a mark. Aka: 0.3%. However, I get rounded up while the other girl got rounded down, so it's the top by 1%!)

I don't know why, but both teachers and peers have been 'accosting' and somewhat harrassing me for my grades. I got a bit annoyed today. A bit is quite an understatement, seeing that I told a couple straight to their faces that I didn't want to tell them.

Well, Hillary (who sits on my right for applic) asked to look at my marks sheet for the ENTIRE YEAR. I said no, and she got offended. Today, she asked me what my mark for the entire year was (CD was telling us individually, and although she sat next to me, she didn't catch what I got. Thank goodness), and again, I said no.

Oh well. I got my marks for the entire year too!

Lit: 74% (ah shit. If an A is 75%, I will be heck pissed)
Physics: 89% (just another %!!!)
Chem: 90% (not too bad, but a drop of 5% from last year :( )
Applic maths: 94% (possibly the top mark, but possibly not. There's probably one other person who possibly got more than that)
Calc: Approx 92%

Yay! I got the calc prize! *dances around in glee* And possibly physics and/or applicable maths! I know definitely not chem and lit, but I'm happy. At least I got 1 prize :).

Speaking of calc, I asked HW a question today, thinking it would be quick. It wasn't. From a supposedly simple question, it blew up into HW asking CD, the rest of the maths department, checking out every single past exam paper she had, the textbook, getting CD to email the guy who wrote the exam and finally google. I felt so bad making her run around for at least half the lesson and probably a lot more after that.

Apparently despite my great argument, it turned out the answers were right. I'm not sure if you guys have done argand diagrams (complex numbers), but according to google, the point (0,0) is undefined. The question asked for the arg of something or other, and said it had to be an empty circle. I didn't agree, and so I asked HW. Ah well.

I might go do some work now, seeing that exams are in 2 weeks. However, I've been feeling rather depressed, drained and utterly tired. I think it's due to a combination of the exams, the cramming and the results. It doesn't help that I get the impression my teachers aren't satisfied with my grades. VB went through my entire chem paper today (well, I asked her a question after school and it grew into that) and pointed out all my careless mistakes. And whacked me. Haha.

And also told me that I have to get full marks in the short answer section. When I looked like I was going to hyperventilate, she changed it to 66/70. Great (I got 60/70 for this exam due to all the careless errors).

Well, she was saying that the top people had to go up in the major exams so that our entire cohort would be scaled up too. But that's what all the teachers say. And it doesn't help that because my calc mark has been impossibly high this entire year, I'm terrified it will go down.

Speaking of calc and terrified, HW said that I give her palpitations when I ask her questions, because 'if your brain can't do it, I don't think mine can'. It confirmed my suspicions that she's 'threatened' of me... Which made me a bit depressed.

Oh well. I will do some study so that I will do well in my exams. Oh, I found my sec 2 maths tests! Was looking through my old stuff for my corpus diary because my mum wanted a piano tuner's number (which happened to be in the diary). I am gonna bring the 8/50 one (the 2nd one which there was a retest for, after I left) to school tomorrow to prove that yes, I was a failure at maths once. Bahahahaha.

And we get free ice cream tomorrow! The chem teachers are experimenting with making ice cream with liquid nitrogen. I'm hoping it's safe enough... Imagine if all the chem students got food poisoning. Lol.

10:17 PM