![]() |
|
|
Disclaimer The reader accepts, on reading of this disclaimer, that the Internet is a vast wasteland of crap that spews out of human minds. This blog is no different. Any assumptions or conclusions that the reader draws from this blog are not the responsibility of the author, along with any physical or psychological harm that might result from the reading of this blog. Author The author is a paranoid, deranged and cynical misanthrope who records snippets of her life so that she will remember them when she grows old and withered. The identities of any names or initials on this blog are based on the assumptions of the reader unless otherwise specified, and the author claims no responsibility for them. Reality The author somehow got into medical school. Yes, you of the general public, shudder and fear the wrath of an inept doctor. Loves Reading, Maisy (my dog), tea, writing (albeit badly), piano, music, junk food. Hates Almost everything else besides the things mentioned above. Friends Bao Cheng' Bernice' Chien Young' Chun Hing' Claire' Faustina' Felicia' Ferly' Gloria' Irene' Irene & Jiaying' Jac' Jiamin' Jiasin' Jiaying' Lutheng' Karene' Marissa' Melesa' Mingyi' My fictionpress' Pamelia' Pei Rong' Qiu Ting' Rachel' Satires Site' Stasia' Sylvia' The Clique' Vinette' Wenjia' Xin Rong' Xue Ying' Yanne & I' Yanne & Jamie' Zeena' 203' Archives Chat area |
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
It's been quite a busy, bad 2 weeks. Today's been quite a bad day. I find myself getting quite frustrated with school, which means that I will be very glad when I end my official school days (excluding exams and exam feedback) in a week and a day! Besides the usual ones with grades comparing and incompetent teachers (or teacher, for that matter), there's the ones with people becoming incredibly rude to me and taking it for granted that I will help them with their work. How does 'no' sound? Today, there's this girl who is so fking annoying I have to resist picking up my huge chem textbook and hitting her over the head with. Unfortunately, we're in the same classes for both maths and phy. All of Monday's revision lesson for physics, she kept bugging and interrupting me by asking me ques. I can't fathom why she would do that, seeing that my physics skills are mediocre, and she pays a huge sum of money to get a teacher standing up there waiting for questions. No difference today, except she was extremely rude to me for no reason. All through double calculus, she ignored me, except for the time she asked me how to do a ques that I was figuring out. I then figured it out and asked if she wanted to know how, and she just snapped 'no' and turned back to her work. Wtf?! And then she asked everyone around our area whether they'd done a certain question (which I'd done) and promptly missed me out. Geez. Didn't help that HW also ignored me. She asked everyone how they were coping with the practice test except me. I'm actually starting to get annoyed with HW. I get the feeling she feels threatened by me (I spotted a couple of things she hadn't the other day, to her embarrassment), but it isn't very nice when she starts downright ignoring me. Back to the girl. Interestingly enough, both she and HW have the same first names. Anyway, during applic maths, CD gave us this really hard-assed sheet of questions. For one of the questions, I was the only one who got the right answer (someone else subsequently got it right after me). So this girl, who was unfortunately sitting next to me, kept yanking my sheet away and copying my answers, when I was clearly working on the other questions. And she did so WITHOUT ASKING. I was tempted to stick my mechanical pencil into her eye, but I doubt it would have gotten through her glasses (what a pity). And at the end of the lesson, she asked me something about the exponential distribution (how f(t), which is P(T=t), can be more than 1). I then explained that probabilities are calculated by areas under the curve, not just a discrete value, because that would just be 0. She didn't get it, and asked why it was more than 1. I said it could be more than 1, and that I didn't know why, and she just went 'Why didn't you tell me you didn't know?' in this really angry tone. Excuse me?! Don't pass your incompetency off on me, you fking nincompoop (I'm trying to be polite, but it isn't working). I was also repeating what CD said, but she, as usual, wasn't listening but was busy yanking my sheet away. Urgh. I got pretty pissed and told her that she shouldn't ask me if she thinks I don't know the answer, but I doubt she heard me. She just walked off. I have put her on my personal, patented hit list. Well, not hit list as in killing (I wish, but I don't have the finances to buy firearms or employ assassins), but a list of who not to ever help again. The list is growing longer by the day... But as I said, I'm glad school's drawing to an end. I have also made a personal note not to give anyone my phone number. Seeing that the mocks are during the school hols, a heap of people will be looking for help during the week of hols preceding the exams. I shall promptly disappear off the face of the earth and hide in my cubby little black hole studying my ass off. I will not entertain any calls from anyone but Keisha (and maybe Victoria). By anyone, I mean people from my school. Urgh. Oh, uni applications (now that Irene's tag has reminded me). I'm applying to melb, and I probably should put my application in soon. I think I'll go for commerce, vet science, engineering, science, biomed... And I can't think of a 6th, so I can't be bothered. Haha. And then there's the UWA scholarships. I think I'll ask Gaby and VB to be my references, but my chem marks have been slipping... Might have to get TD, CD or HW instead, though out of the latter 3, it'll probably be TD (I did surprisingly well in the last test). Speaking of the last physics test: the other class got 5 mins less than us. They went and made a huge din out of it, and so they got pro-ratered. Meaning that they get a new score after all the calcs with standard deviations and stuff. If the new score is lower than what they got, they kept their test mark. If it was higher, they got the new one. WTF?! Fyi, I finished the bloody test 20 mins early, despite getting there 3 mins late! And some people got scaled up from 25 to 38 out of 50! There was no fking way they could have done 13 marks of questions, let alone get them all right, in 5 mins! I probably should talk to TD about it, but I understand that he can't do anything about it, because the rich kids' parents would probably lodge a humungous complaint to the principal and get him fired. But wtf?! I actually studied my butt off for that test. I did get the top mark, but it is so fking unfair that others who chose to take the long weekend off and screwed the test up didn't get what they deserved! Not happy at all! Then again, I don't really care that much about grades any more. If I could just use the LHC to create a black hole for just me to inhabit, I would probably be quite happy. My hate for my school (mostly peers, now starting to include teachers) is growing exponentially with each day. It doesn't help that everyone's so concerned with grades and uni applications now. There's this girl in my year who badly wants the dux, and her group of friends have taken to putting everyone else down. One of her friends even came up to me and went 'can you fail your next calc test so that ___ can get the dux?' Incidentally, that same girl asked me for my applic maths notes. I refused to loan it to her, fearing that she might 'accidentally' lose it. Just 7 more days of this shit, and I don't have to bother about them anymore. Oh btw, anyone wants to be my calc tutor, seeing that HW is getting so hostile towards me? It's quite sad really, because she would have been a great referee (as in, uni references) for me if she actually liked me, seeing that calc's my best subject. Then again, the world isn't perfect. 10:59 PM
|