Disclaimer

The reader accepts, on reading of this disclaimer, that the Internet is a vast wasteland of crap that spews out of human minds. This blog is no different. Any assumptions or conclusions that the reader draws from this blog are not the responsibility of the author, along with any physical or psychological harm that might result from the reading of this blog.

Author

The author is a paranoid, deranged and cynical misanthrope who records snippets of her life so that she will remember them when she grows old and withered. The identities of any names or initials on this blog are based on the assumptions of the reader unless otherwise specified, and the author claims no responsibility for them.

Reality

The author somehow got into medical school. Yes, you of the general public, shudder and fear the wrath of an inept doctor.

Loves

Reading, Maisy (my dog), tea, writing (albeit badly), piano, music, junk food.

Hates

Almost everything else besides the things mentioned above.

Friends

Bao Cheng' Bernice' Chien Young' Chun Hing' Claire' Faustina' Felicia' Ferly' Gloria' Irene' Irene & Jiaying' Jac' Jiamin' Jiasin' Jiaying' Lutheng' Karene' Marissa' Melesa' Mingyi' My fictionpress' Pamelia' Pei Rong' Qiu Ting' Rachel' Satires Site' Stasia' Sylvia' The Clique' Vinette' Wenjia' Xin Rong' Xue Ying' Yanne & I' Yanne & Jamie' Zeena' 203'

Archives

03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004 10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004 01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005 02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005 03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005 04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005 05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005 06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005 07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005 08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005 09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005 10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005 11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006 02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006 03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006 04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006 05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006 06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006 07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006 08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006 09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006 10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006 11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006 12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007 01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007 02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007 03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007 04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007 06/01/2007 - 07/01/2007 07/01/2007 - 08/01/2007 08/01/2007 - 09/01/2007 09/01/2007 - 10/01/2007 10/01/2007 - 11/01/2007 11/01/2007 - 12/01/2007 12/01/2007 - 01/01/2008 01/01/2008 - 02/01/2008 02/01/2008 - 03/01/2008 03/01/2008 - 04/01/2008 04/01/2008 - 05/01/2008 05/01/2008 - 06/01/2008 06/01/2008 - 07/01/2008 07/01/2008 - 08/01/2008 08/01/2008 - 09/01/2008 09/01/2008 - 10/01/2008 10/01/2008 - 11/01/2008 11/01/2008 - 12/01/2008 12/01/2008 - 01/01/2009 01/01/2009 - 02/01/2009 02/01/2009 - 03/01/2009 03/01/2009 - 04/01/2009 04/01/2009 - 05/01/2009 05/01/2009 - 06/01/2009 06/01/2009 - 07/01/2009 07/01/2009 - 08/01/2009 08/01/2009 - 09/01/2009 09/01/2009 - 10/01/2009 12/01/2009 - 01/01/2010 08/01/2010 - 09/01/2010 12/01/2010 - 01/01/2011 06/01/2011 - 07/01/2011 04/01/2012 - 05/01/2012 08/01/2012 - 09/01/2012 09/01/2012 - 10/01/2012 10/01/2012 - 11/01/2012 11/01/2012 - 12/01/2012 12/01/2012 - 01/01/2013 01/01/2013 - 02/01/2013 02/01/2013 - 03/01/2013 03/01/2013 - 04/01/2013 04/01/2013 - 05/01/2013 05/01/2013 - 06/01/2013 06/01/2013 - 07/01/2013 07/01/2013 - 08/01/2013 11/01/2013 - 12/01/2013 12/01/2013 - 01/01/2014 02/01/2014 - 03/01/2014 03/01/2014 - 04/01/2014 05/01/2014 - 06/01/2014

Chat area


Saturday, July 12, 2008

Reports came today! At least the academic ones did...

Music one came yesterday. Gaby was really nice! She gave me an overall of A+, and every section an A+ except rhythm and technique (which she gave me As for anyway!). So that was nice...

As always, the academic ones come a day after the music ones. These were unfortunately not as good...

Yes, the marks were ok.

Applic: 92
Calc: 93
Chem: 89 (argh, just 1 more %!!)
Lit: 77
Phy: 88

Tutor's report was hilarious. She asserts that I 'offer a genuinely supportive attitude in the Tutor Group'. I suppose that yes, I do help people who run in at the last minute screaming that they don't understand something or don't know how to do a question on the day something's due... But other then that, I generally avoid going to tutor group. Haha.

The principal wrote something too! She wrote 'you are well placed to do yourself justice in November, Jolene'. I doubt she'd appreciate knowing that I've been slacking off after the exams...

They changed the format of reports too! Now, there's a little descriptive paragraph on what we've done. I expected to see nothing there for lit... They've also included stuff like 'uses class time effectively, works collaboratively, works independently when required, demonstrates organisational skills and works to the best of her ability', where you're given a little tick under 'rarely, sometimes, usually and always' where appropriate.

Anyway, Applic:

I got all always except for works collaboratively. A little amazed and surprised, I ventured onto dictionary.com to find out the definition of collaborative (not that I didn't know it, but I was just curious). The American Heritage Dictionary offers 2 definitions:

1: To work together, especially in a joint intellectual effort.
2: To cooperate treasonably, as with an enemy occupation force in one's country.

I'm asserting a guess at the first.

I suppose this category includes participation, because there isn't another category more fitting for it. I've given up participating in applic because he ignores me! And it's annoying when people don't understand stuff for ages, so I just droop off to sleep. I guess he actually notices... (I was under the impression he didn't care)

Anyway, CD said that even though I'm an 'extremely capable mathematician' (I rolled around laughing on the ground for quite a bit), I still work really hard. I don't agree with that statement at all. I only did one of the 20 questions he set us for the previous chapter. He ventured on to say that I'm a confident student and that I 'enjoy the challenge of trying to solve the more difficult problems in the course'. Either he thinks frowns are signs of happiness, or he interprets my swearing to be shouts of mirth, but I DO NOT ENJOY HARD QUESTIONS. Then he went on to say that I am 'a friendly and cooperative student who works well with her peers in class and is always willing to offer assistance to other students'. HA, HA, HA. Cooperative? Probably doesn't hear my snide comments. Works well and willing to offer help? No damn way. He probably didn't see the time that I went red in the face with suppressed anger when helping the girl next to me.

Wait, I actually think he did. He stared at me for quite a bit after that. Then again, I do bother helping people. To get them away from me.


Calc was thankfully better. HW did say I am 'a very talented maths student' (which got a huge snort of laughter from me), but she was right in saying that I try to 'complete as many different examples as possible'. Yes, I skip questions that look the same in the homework.

And she appreciates my contributions in discussions of problems in class! I was getting worried that she was getting offended... Oh, but she said I lost most of my marks in careless errors, and told me to check my work (probably because I prefer to sit there staring into space or doodle). She rounded off by saying that it 'has been a pleasure teaching such an INTERESTED and ABLE student and I wish Jolene all the very best for the TEE and her future academic studies'. The first half was absolutely hilarious. The last half was an 'aww' worthy bit. She's so incredibly nice.

Heh, chem wasn't too good. VB hinted that I am not achieving to my max potential... She asked me to see her for help in extended answers. She seems to be deluded into thinking that I am 'capable of achieving at the highest level' (I remember her saying that in last yr's report). Bah. I feel guilty that I've been slacking off chem because it's my best subject (or was). I'd apparently gotten an overall of 95 in my tests! Which probably pulled my dismal prac mark (78%) to get an overal of 89 when put together with the exam. Oh, she said I was CHEERFUL too. HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Lit was worse than chem... The OB gave me 2 usuallys! In works collaboratively, and... DEMONSTRATES ORGANISATIONAL SKILLS. WTF?!?!?! I meticulously holepunch and staple all my stuff and put it neatly in my file, along with a notebook! I also bring all my texts to class! Urgh! He's the disorganised one who left our oral reports for 2 weeks on his desk at home!

And he said my 'encouraging performance' in my exam was a 'clear indication of her potential in the subject'. Of course, encouragingly DISMAL. It was my worst mark in lit this year! By at least 5%! Oh yeah, it shows my crap potential at lit. Heck, I'm definitely not going to count lit anyway, seeing it is 11% worse than my 4th best.

Which brings us to physics! Which is still my 4th best. Doubt TD would appreciate it if I told him... Anyway, I think he started this report off same as last year. Tsk. He said I was 'talented' and have a 'very good aptitude', and congratualated me on getting the top mark in the exam! Nice! He then said I'm industrious and do my work to 'the highest possible level' (heh, my ass), and that I ask for help with difficult probs (he told me to keep doing it. I was starting to think he was getting annoyed). The last line was laced with irony though.

If you remember, I told him at parent teacher that I don't like physics. I think he remembers (or remembered), because after getting the chem exam back, I proclaimed that I like physics better because my chem mark was worse, and he made disbelieving noises, and I assure him that it was shortlived. Anyway, he said that 'her enthusiasm and GENIUNE INTEREST in physics have made her a pleasure to teach'. Assuming it's ironic, it would mean that he absolutely hates teaching me, because I am a) unenthusiastic and b) have an ingeniune interest in the subject. Hmm... Interesting...

So yes! Last ever report in my school life! On some counts (eg: working collaboratively, LIT, chem), it was pretty bad, but on the more hilarious ones, it was quite alright!

Thankfully the report was hidden under a huge white envelope for my dad. I think the brother suspects reports would be coming soon, because he suspiciously asked what the white envelope was and I truthfully told him it was my dad's. Haha!

Now I need to go hide it before he finds it... And it's past 1 in the morning! Argh!

12:32 AM