![]() |
|
|
Disclaimer The reader accepts, on reading of this disclaimer, that the Internet is a vast wasteland of crap that spews out of human minds. This blog is no different. Any assumptions or conclusions that the reader draws from this blog are not the responsibility of the author, along with any physical or psychological harm that might result from the reading of this blog. Author The author is a paranoid, deranged and cynical misanthrope who records snippets of her life so that she will remember them when she grows old and withered. The identities of any names or initials on this blog are based on the assumptions of the reader unless otherwise specified, and the author claims no responsibility for them. Reality The author somehow got into medical school. Yes, you of the general public, shudder and fear the wrath of an inept doctor. Loves Reading, Maisy (my dog), tea, writing (albeit badly), piano, music, junk food. Hates Almost everything else besides the things mentioned above. Friends Bao Cheng' Bernice' Chien Young' Chun Hing' Claire' Faustina' Felicia' Ferly' Gloria' Irene' Irene & Jiaying' Jac' Jiamin' Jiasin' Jiaying' Lutheng' Karene' Marissa' Melesa' Mingyi' My fictionpress' Pamelia' Pei Rong' Qiu Ting' Rachel' Satires Site' Stasia' Sylvia' The Clique' Vinette' Wenjia' Xin Rong' Xue Ying' Yanne & I' Yanne & Jamie' Zeena' 203' Archives Chat area |
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
My last ever term of school started with a bang today. Yesterday, while Maisy and I were enjoying our lunch of KFC, my brother picked up the phone and told me it was from the school's music department. Wondering what it could be about, I apprehensively answered the phone. Anyway, I had a rehearsal with the orchestra today. It was worse than crap. I played like a sack of dragon dung (quote thanks to Ron Weasley), and it didn't help that I was 15mins late because we got caught in the morning traffic (it's surprisingly busy even at 7 in the morning). The orchestra was slightly too slow, resulting in me finishing a bar early for nearly every section. I tried slowing down, but it's hard, considering I've been playing at that speed for ages. And I think I'll have to adhere to their speed because the conductor adamantly refuses to accomodate me. Probably because the orchestra can't play it that fast, seeing that most of them were sight-reading it (it was the 2nd time they've actually SEEN the bloody piece). So it didn't go very well... What a *great* start to my last term of school. Waking up at the crack of dawn just to play that crappily. What more, I have a chem test, physics test and possibly have to present my lit oral tomorrow (considering only 1 person out of 6 has finished it. I think mine's good enough, but I could do with more time). Everyone was complaining about how they didn't have enough time, but I don't think it's a very good excuse, considering how they had the entire hols and a week before that to do it. I've done enough to do a decent presentation, but some other people have not even written beyond a 2 minute presentation (when it's supposed to by 5 mins, 6 mins max). Well, that's considering how most people haven't actually finished the chem calcs which we have a test on tomorrow. But that being said, nearly everyone did some form or other of extra revision work. Quite a few people went to the revision courses held at various venues, while others bothered doing extra exercises out of the textbooks (yeah, and not do their ACTUAL homework). I got slightly worried at my lack of study... Anyway, I'm tired. Need to sleep or I'll fall asleep in my tests tomorrow (not that I'm not already screwed). 11:01 PM
|