Disclaimer

The reader accepts, on reading of this disclaimer, that the Internet is a vast wasteland of crap that spews out of human minds. This blog is no different. Any assumptions or conclusions that the reader draws from this blog are not the responsibility of the author, along with any physical or psychological harm that might result from the reading of this blog.

Author

The author is a paranoid, deranged and cynical misanthrope who records snippets of her life so that she will remember them when she grows old and withered. The identities of any names or initials on this blog are based on the assumptions of the reader unless otherwise specified, and the author claims no responsibility for them.

Reality

The author somehow got into medical school. Yes, you of the general public, shudder and fear the wrath of an inept doctor.

Loves

Reading, Maisy (my dog), tea, writing (albeit badly), piano, music, junk food.

Hates

Almost everything else besides the things mentioned above.

Friends

Bao Cheng' Bernice' Chien Young' Chun Hing' Claire' Faustina' Felicia' Ferly' Gloria' Irene' Irene & Jiaying' Jac' Jiamin' Jiasin' Jiaying' Lutheng' Karene' Marissa' Melesa' Mingyi' My fictionpress' Pamelia' Pei Rong' Qiu Ting' Rachel' Satires Site' Stasia' Sylvia' The Clique' Vinette' Wenjia' Xin Rong' Xue Ying' Yanne & I' Yanne & Jamie' Zeena' 203'

Archives

03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004 10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004 01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005 02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005 03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005 04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005 05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005 06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005 07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005 08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005 09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005 10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005 11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006 02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006 03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006 04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006 05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006 06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006 07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006 08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006 09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006 10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006 11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006 12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007 01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007 02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007 03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007 04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007 06/01/2007 - 07/01/2007 07/01/2007 - 08/01/2007 08/01/2007 - 09/01/2007 09/01/2007 - 10/01/2007 10/01/2007 - 11/01/2007 11/01/2007 - 12/01/2007 12/01/2007 - 01/01/2008 01/01/2008 - 02/01/2008 02/01/2008 - 03/01/2008 03/01/2008 - 04/01/2008 04/01/2008 - 05/01/2008 05/01/2008 - 06/01/2008 06/01/2008 - 07/01/2008 07/01/2008 - 08/01/2008 08/01/2008 - 09/01/2008 09/01/2008 - 10/01/2008 10/01/2008 - 11/01/2008 11/01/2008 - 12/01/2008 12/01/2008 - 01/01/2009 01/01/2009 - 02/01/2009 02/01/2009 - 03/01/2009 03/01/2009 - 04/01/2009 04/01/2009 - 05/01/2009 05/01/2009 - 06/01/2009 06/01/2009 - 07/01/2009 07/01/2009 - 08/01/2009 08/01/2009 - 09/01/2009 09/01/2009 - 10/01/2009 12/01/2009 - 01/01/2010 08/01/2010 - 09/01/2010 12/01/2010 - 01/01/2011 06/01/2011 - 07/01/2011 04/01/2012 - 05/01/2012 08/01/2012 - 09/01/2012 09/01/2012 - 10/01/2012 10/01/2012 - 11/01/2012 11/01/2012 - 12/01/2012 12/01/2012 - 01/01/2013 01/01/2013 - 02/01/2013 02/01/2013 - 03/01/2013 03/01/2013 - 04/01/2013 04/01/2013 - 05/01/2013 05/01/2013 - 06/01/2013 06/01/2013 - 07/01/2013 07/01/2013 - 08/01/2013 11/01/2013 - 12/01/2013 12/01/2013 - 01/01/2014 02/01/2014 - 03/01/2014 03/01/2014 - 04/01/2014 05/01/2014 - 06/01/2014

Chat area


Thursday, June 26, 2008

The past week has been a flurry of coughs, sneezes and headaches. Not very good at all.

My sore throat, which fortunately has abated, snowballed into a full-blown cold/flu after Sat (see previous post). This then escalated into a cough, which has been causing me to cough at regular intervals of at least once per minute.

Not very good, considering we had a lit conference/lecture(s) at a uni yesterday on our texts. I spent a good half of the lectures trying to stifle my coughs, coughing, and getting stared at for coughing.

And today's calc and chem tests weren't spared from my coughs. Doubt the people in my class were too happy. Not that I was. I couldn't think and made the silliest mistakes (converted grams to kg for chem. Don't know why).

At least I don't have to play at Gaby's recital on Sunday. Doubt she/the parents of her students would appreciate coughs punctuating the playing. She did say she wanted me to go for it, but I a) don't feel well b) have not even gotten my entire piece (the cadenza's outstripped by snails: figuratively) c) don't have time, considering I have 4 assessments next week.

A slight consolation is that I get Tuesday off. They've got some athletics carnival, and today, they gave out the slips that stated the events people were in. I didn't even get one, considering the number of tortoises which could have easily outstripped me in the trials for long jump/100m (technically, tortoises can't jump, but anyway...).

And I decided not to go for the titrations competition on the day of the athletics meet. Firstly, 6 teams (and a few straggling individuals) wanted to do it. So Keisha, Victoria and I graciously backed out (probably because we didn't give that much of a sh*t and thus couldn't be bothered fighting it out with the other teams). So the rest of the teams had to have a titrate-off (haha, suckers. They had to sacrifice a lunch for it) and only 3 teams turned up for that, so they didn't really need to have it after all (only 3 teams get to go). I wasn't too fussed about going, but I thought no one else would want to go and thus volunteered (thinking it would look nice on my reference), but since so many people wanted to, I decided to back out. VB wasn't too happy. She looked so disappointed that we wanted to back out, and when we saw her right after the titrate-off (Keisha and Victoria had physics), she sorely said that only 3 teams turned up, with the implication that we could have gone too.

Besides the lit conference, it has been quite an eventful week. Today was interhouse marching. I hadn't been to a single marching practice, and thus panicked when Gaby told me she wouldn't be here today. So since I didn't fancy having a detention with all the tests next week, I went for marching, though I thought ponning would have helped my house more. When I went there, I sorely regreted my choice of action. The f*cking )(&(*&*&^ assh*le (the same one who talked down to me at house choirs and with the whole arts fest saga) told me to just stand in the line behind her, which needed someone to be there. Unfortunately, the only slot they had was at the sides (for experienced marches), and I was in no position to stand there. When I asked to swop places, no one wanted to. I then exclaimed that I hadn't been to a single marching practice, and the house would be screwed, to which the assh*le snapped 'just stand there'. I was so tempted to slap her in the face, but I really didn't want a detention.

What pissed me off more was that I had just helped her with calculus during recess (she didn't know how to do it for the test we had after lunch). So taking in mind that I was already pissed off that she was so fricking rude to me (she didn't even say please/thanks), I really had to rein myself in and almost resorted to breaking my arm to stop myself from punching her in the face.

Anyway, I shall not befoul my blog any further with any mention of her. We shall move on to happier, more exciting things.

On Tues, I had to eat my lunch during recess because I had piano during lunch (Gaby had to play at a uni exam today, I think. Which was why my lesson got shifted and I had to go for marching). So considering the pace at which I eat, I couldn't finish my kaya bread in 15 minutes (which is how long recess is), and took it to calc. My calc teacher was very, very interested in kaya. She asked me what was in my sandwich, and knowing the angmohs, they wouldn't know what kaya was, so I said coconut jam, which prompted a Malaysian girl to go 'OH, KAYA'. So a sudden interest was developed in my kaya sandwich which just surprised me greatly.

I didn't let my calc teacher try some though. I didn't fancy she'd want anything with my spit/cold/flu/cough/sore throat bacteria in.

The calc test today was way easier than I expected it to be. By easier, I expected it to be hellish, the kind that literally makes stars appear before your eyes (because you're knocked out). Our calc teacher did say she liked the questions, which usually foreshadows a crazy test (like our exam was). So I did get quite worried, but it turned out to be much easier than aforementioned, which was a relief. Though the last 2 questions were quite a nightmare nonetheless.

Chem, on the other hand, was more nightmarish. The mcq took nearly a third of the time (I suppose it did need that time, considering the marks allocation), but it left me greatly panicking as I heard other people already riffling through their papers (probably prompted by my lack of preparation as I was too tired after lit yesterday, and I had calc to do too. I ended up doing neither calc nor chem). It turned out some people had started from the calculations. Stupid people who made me panic.

On the whole, I'm quite glad I made it to the end of the week. Happy, relieved, but still incredibly stressed. Applicable maths test on Mon (I'm hoping there won't be any time series data in it, considering how CD went on with the work despite half the class not being there yesterday), chem lab quiz on Wed, lit textual analysis on Thurs (which I don't even know what it's about: not the topic, but the term textual analysis itself) and chem practice essay on Fri (not counted in our grades, but still an assessment nonetheless). Then it's the hols for 2 weeks! With an assignment for nearly every subject except Physics (TD said he was going to be nice and let us have a break. Quite freaky that he was so nice, but he followed that up by saying that we'd probably die by the mock exams).

And speaking of CD, I went with Keisha and Victoria to their discrete maths lesson during lunch today (because they take 7 subjects, they have to take this maths out of class time. They're insane. But they didn't intend on taking this maths as it is not as good as applic maths, but it supposedly boosts their marks because they'll do better in this than applic). I go to their class quite often, and he usually ignores me. Today, however, he finally acknowledged/realised (wouldn't put it past him for being that blind) that I was there! He went 'and what are you doing here, Jolene?' which prompted me to go 'Maths? Calculus anyway. I have a test period 7' and the entire class to laugh. Bah.

Oh, our house didn't do too badly in marching after all. We came 2nd. Apparently our walking was good, but the turns weren't. And I think our house captain was actually disappointed with coming 2nd. From what I'd heard from the previous practices, she should have been overjoyed we came anything but last. I suppose coming 2nd always bites.

And I think I shall go to bed. I'm incredibly tired for some strange reason...

9:36 PM