![]() |
|
|
Disclaimer The reader accepts, on reading of this disclaimer, that the Internet is a vast wasteland of crap that spews out of human minds. This blog is no different. Any assumptions or conclusions that the reader draws from this blog are not the responsibility of the author, along with any physical or psychological harm that might result from the reading of this blog. Author The author is a paranoid, deranged and cynical misanthrope who records snippets of her life so that she will remember them when she grows old and withered. The identities of any names or initials on this blog are based on the assumptions of the reader unless otherwise specified, and the author claims no responsibility for them. Reality The author somehow got into medical school. Yes, you of the general public, shudder and fear the wrath of an inept doctor. Loves Reading, Maisy (my dog), tea, writing (albeit badly), piano, music, junk food. Hates Almost everything else besides the things mentioned above. Friends Bao Cheng' Bernice' Chien Young' Chun Hing' Claire' Faustina' Felicia' Ferly' Gloria' Irene' Irene & Jiaying' Jac' Jiamin' Jiasin' Jiaying' Lutheng' Karene' Marissa' Melesa' Mingyi' My fictionpress' Pamelia' Pei Rong' Qiu Ting' Rachel' Satires Site' Stasia' Sylvia' The Clique' Vinette' Wenjia' Xin Rong' Xue Ying' Yanne & I' Yanne & Jamie' Zeena' 203' Archives Chat area |
Friday, June 06, 2008
The mid years are over! Although I don't feel that happy anyway... Well, if I knew I did well in my exams, I suppose I would. However, as you've guessed, I don't think I did. 1st exam: Physics (Tues) Perhaps it was because of all the study I did, or maybe because TD pityed us and gave us an 'easy' (everything is relative) exam, but I finished 40 mins early! And I think it was actually ok, in light of the others to come. And well, except that I was trying not to faint the entire time (monthly women's problems). 2nd: Lit (Wed) Poetry was fantastic. The same question I did for my in class essay came out in the exam! I was absolutely elated, especially because I'd gone to see the old baldie to go through it too. However, prose and drama weren't quite as good. And that's an understatement. 3rd: Applic maths (Tues) While the entire cohort was grumbling about how there wasn't enough time (it was a 2 hr 10min exam because CD discussed with the other teachers and gave us 10 mins extra) and how they didn't finish, I finished 45 minutes early. It was alright, except that I'd expected it to be easier. 4th: Chem and chem prac (Wed) This was probably the worst or second worst exam hands down. I nearly ran out of time. I was pretty comfortable with the mcq and short answer, but spent too much time on the calculations such that I only had 40 minutes for my essay (yes, we have to write a chem essay). I finished about 5-10 minutes early, albeit I didn't have time to thoroughly check it. The prac, on the other hand, was the worst exam ever. My first task was to make an electrochemical cell and get the voltages, which was fine. 2nd task was measuring the density of a sucrose solution, which is easy, except that I underestimated it too far. Just measure the volume, and mass and divide them, right? Wrong. I forgot to measure the measuring cylinder, so I had to do it again. Then, I decided to use the pipette and beaker, and so I wasted another 5 minutes rinsing them out. And nearly ran out of solution. Bah. 3rd and worst task: titration. I didn't read the question, and immediately assumed the ethanoic acid was in the burette and the NaOH was in the conical flask. Rinsed the conical flask, put the base in, put phenolphthalein. My chem teacher came looking, saw my burette EMPTY, conical flask was pink and stood there, puzzled, prompting me to read my sheet again. It said 'determine the amount of NaOH required to neutralised 20.0ml of CH3COOH'. Thus, I had to redo all the rinsing and wasted both time and the amount of solution. Bah. 5th and last: Calculus (yest) HW was talking to us just before the exam and went 'oh, I think I've been kind to you'. We went into the exam, had 10 minutes reading time. Paper looked fine. Did the actual thing and felt physically sick. Some of it was fine, the others weren't, and it was those worth the huge chunk of marks that were horrid. And not to mention the countless stupid mistakes I made because I didn't have the time to check through. And after the exam, we were talking to HW and she went 'oh, I gave it to CD to do, and he didn't think it was that hard'. Well, firstly, CD is the HEAD OF MATHS. Secondly, he's taught the subject before. If he found it hard, I think the rest of us could go sit in a corner and cry. So yes, the exams were very, very bad. Overall, from best to worst: 1: Applic 2: Physics (yes, even I can't believe it) 3: Lit 4: Calc 5: Chem And to think the last 2 are my best subjects. This is depressing. Oh, Keisha and I have a little bet. If I get above 95% for chem (theory), I've to buy her lunch but if I get under 95%, she'll buy me lunch. I told Gaby that when I saw her yesterday, and Gaby thinks Keisha will get lunch. Bah. And I asked Gaby if she was tempted to join the bet, to which she replied 'I'm happy to take you both out for lunch any time'. Haha, she's so incredibly nice. But she had so much to do yesterday, it was scary. Poor her. And I got my cadenza for my concerto (which I stopped practising during the exams but practiced last night!). It looks so scary. Bah. But anyway, I'm not going to do ANY studying at all over the long weekend. Might start on my lit essay if I feel like it (which I probably won't), but I need a break before the post-mortem (ie: exams come back and I die) on Monday. This is so depressing. I shall go practice some piano before Gaby kills me. 3:51 PM
|