![]() |
|
|
Disclaimer The reader accepts, on reading of this disclaimer, that the Internet is a vast wasteland of crap that spews out of human minds. This blog is no different. Any assumptions or conclusions that the reader draws from this blog are not the responsibility of the author, along with any physical or psychological harm that might result from the reading of this blog. Author The author is a paranoid, deranged and cynical misanthrope who records snippets of her life so that she will remember them when she grows old and withered. The identities of any names or initials on this blog are based on the assumptions of the reader unless otherwise specified, and the author claims no responsibility for them. Reality The author somehow got into medical school. Yes, you of the general public, shudder and fear the wrath of an inept doctor. Loves Reading, Maisy (my dog), tea, writing (albeit badly), piano, music, junk food. Hates Almost everything else besides the things mentioned above. Friends Bao Cheng' Bernice' Chien Young' Chun Hing' Claire' Faustina' Felicia' Ferly' Gloria' Irene' Irene & Jiaying' Jac' Jiamin' Jiasin' Jiaying' Lutheng' Karene' Marissa' Melesa' Mingyi' My fictionpress' Pamelia' Pei Rong' Qiu Ting' Rachel' Satires Site' Stasia' Sylvia' The Clique' Vinette' Wenjia' Xin Rong' Xue Ying' Yanne & I' Yanne & Jamie' Zeena' 203' Archives Chat area |
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Tomorrow's possibly one of the worst days due to the number of tests. And it so happens they're all nearly consecutive. Period 1 and 2: In class calculus investigation task Period 3: Free period (used to be history :P) for studying Recess and period 4: Lit in class essay Period 5: Physics What a great day. At least I have lunch to look forward to, where we're having pie provided by the maths department. Very overdue indeed. It was supposed to be for that maths competition 12 of us participated in about 2 months ago. Anyway, the maths test today was quite alright. I finished with 5 minutes to spare, but as everyone else in our class and the other 2 classes were still frantically struggling to finish, we got a 5 minute extension. So I ended up with 10 minutes spare. And CD was so horrible. He kept sneaking up behind me and walking in front of me (was in the front row) to look at my answers, which greatly irked me. And he stopped me drawing my ladybird :(. Well, I was already shading in the black circles on the ladybird's body when he walked past and STARED/glared at what I was doing. And he's really kept his promise of not ignoring me. He gave us a 2 minute break after the test, and because I was bored and tired, I went for a drink. The ENTIRE CLASS stayed put (these are the cons of being in a smart class: everyone's too hardworking). So he was like 'Oh, Jolene's off now'. Bah. Then he 'went through' the harder questions of the test, and I think for the 2nd last question which people thought was hard, he went 'the answer should have been more than $7.50 and less than $30. At least that was what Jolene got'. I didn't catch what he was saying, but quite a number of heads turned in my direction, including his. I must admit it was quite funny. Oh, I got the top mark for chem! Am happy :). Though I was quite annoyed at the questions she took off marks for. And I asked TD after school at the tutoring centre if he accepts bribes (we have a test tomorrow, which I should be studying for now), and he's like 'yeah, sure! Just get your cheque and staple it to page 2'. Then I asked him how much he wanted and he was like 'seeing that I'd probably get sacked, about a few million would be good'. And I said 'well, your expectations are a shade too high...'. So he went 'Oh, then just work harder tonight if you can't afford that few million dollars'. Bah. Oh yes, I dropped my pencil case in the rain after religious studies. Seeing that it was so boring (we were watching a video on NUNS) and I was in a huge rush to just get out of there, I didn't realise I'd dropped it till I was at my locker. Then I had to double back and search for it, but it was all wet :(. The poor thing. And then my umbrella got screwed by the wind, and I stopped outside the music department going 'SHIT' very loudly to my friend in front of me. Then some really helpful person (or so I thought) came and helped me fold the sides back in, and I turned around and realised it was Gaby. I didn't know she was in school on Tues, but she was today because she wouldn't be here on Fri. I am officially screwed for tomorrow. Especially lit, seeing that I've slept through nearly the whole term's lit lessons (the other lessons, I just wasn't there). And it doesn't help that I don't quite like Adrienne Rich's later poems, or just those she wrote in the 70s when she was still trying to find her female aesthetic. The more modern ones (ie: 1990s, 2000s) appealed more to me, as did some of the earlier ones. And yesterday, I went to calc and there was CD helping about 5 people with maths simulatneously (haha, simultaneous equations). That was right after lunch. The poor guy gets accosted by huge numbers of people every lunch time/before school. And he saw me and went 'oh yes Jolene, that answer to question 2d in the assignment was actually right', with me bewilderedly exclaiming that it couldn't be. Then our calc teacher came and shooed him out, and Claire and I were like 'COME BACK!' to CD, but he just laughed and left. Guh. So after calc, about half the calc class went to the maths staffroom and accosted him. The maths teachers were all like 'Whoa, what's going on?' and were so shocked that none of them actually told him we were there till one of them realised while she was leaving. So she went back and told him, and then she came out and like 'oh, he says he's not there'. He did come out anyway. Then we started arguing about the question. He had to painstakingly store all the numbers into the calculator to get the right answer, which is absolutely stupid. I wouldn't have the time to do that in a test. And he got the sum of x^2 (it was a question on standard deviation) wrong by one, and Claire went 'OH YEAH'. So he started getting worried that he might have been wrong after all, but he was right. And he was so happy and truimphant about it. Bah... It was so unlikely that he could have been right though. Humph. I really need to start exam revision, especially for physics soon! I think I'll put off chem, applic maths and calculus till I've done physics and lit... Those 3 are in the 2nd week while the other 2 are in the first. My female intuition (haha, lit) tells me that I'm going to fail physics quite miserably. I haven't started revision, and exams are in less than 2 weeks. Shit. And I need to go sleep. Too many tests tomorrow... I shall need my brain at its peak performance, though I doubt that will happen. 9:36 PM
|