![]() |
|
|
Disclaimer The reader accepts, on reading of this disclaimer, that the Internet is a vast wasteland of crap that spews out of human minds. This blog is no different. Any assumptions or conclusions that the reader draws from this blog are not the responsibility of the author, along with any physical or psychological harm that might result from the reading of this blog. Author The author is a paranoid, deranged and cynical misanthrope who records snippets of her life so that she will remember them when she grows old and withered. The identities of any names or initials on this blog are based on the assumptions of the reader unless otherwise specified, and the author claims no responsibility for them. Reality The author somehow got into medical school. Yes, you of the general public, shudder and fear the wrath of an inept doctor. Loves Reading, Maisy (my dog), tea, writing (albeit badly), piano, music, junk food. Hates Almost everything else besides the things mentioned above. Friends Bao Cheng' Bernice' Chien Young' Chun Hing' Claire' Faustina' Felicia' Ferly' Gloria' Irene' Irene & Jiaying' Jac' Jiamin' Jiasin' Jiaying' Lutheng' Karene' Marissa' Melesa' Mingyi' My fictionpress' Pamelia' Pei Rong' Qiu Ting' Rachel' Satires Site' Stasia' Sylvia' The Clique' Vinette' Wenjia' Xin Rong' Xue Ying' Yanne & I' Yanne & Jamie' Zeena' 203' Archives Chat area |
Saturday, May 24, 2008
It's 3 days before my first mid-year exam. And lo and behold, my graphics calculator died on me LAST NIGHT. At least I managed to salvage most of my stuff before the memory totally wiped. The calculator turns on, but the entire screen is BLACK. Of all times it has to die on me, it's now. A saving grace is that I don't have an exam on Monday. So after going into a total panic mode last night, I emailed CD and asked for help. And he promptly replied today! So I have to see him in the morning on Monday to organise a fix/replacement. He's really great. I mean, he must be one of the only teachers who checks their emails on weekends (*coughTDcough* and physics assignment email which took 2 weeks to be replied to). And this means that I have to put a hold on my physics movement chapter revision, since scientific calculators can't solve quadratic equations very well (S=ut+.5at^2). I'd be very happy to pass my physics exam at this rate. Curiously enough though, I feel quite prepared for physics. There definitely is more that I could do, but I'm pretty happy with what I've done. I just need to get through the practice exam he gave us, and I'll be just about done! Probably the constant revision before tests has helped a great deal, since I've done all the study guides (which is 3, mind you) and redone all the questions in the booklets for every topic except half of movement (which was when my calculator died). However, I have only just started lit TODAY. And the exam is in 4 days. Basically, I am SCREWED, with huge capital letters. And we got our crappy poetry essays back on Wednesday. To be honest, I actually didn't do too dismally! 19/25, which is way better than what I expected, considering the lack of a thesis statement in my essay. And also, because the top mark in the other class was 22/25, while the top mark in our class was 20/25, meaning that I got the 2nd top mark in our class! And the funny thing is that I didn't even do any studying for it (there was that physics test on the same day). I went to see the old baldie yesterday during sport to get feedback on my essay, and he actually said that he was very impressed with how much I know about the texts (aka Adrienne Rich's poetry)! I guess credit must go to the feminist musings I did on Adrienne Rich. And I think as a result of him being impressed with my essays, he's been asking me to participate in class. Gah. Oh, I topped last week's chem test too! Although I know of at least 5 other people who tied with me. It was a small topic and short test, probably explaining why so many people did so well. I got 24/25. And considering how I spent the 3 hours I stayed in school for distracting Keisha (I felt really bad though), I was happy. My lit mark meant that my average got pulled down by 1%, and makes lit my worst subject now! By that 1%, unfortunately, lit is now worse than physics (which I'm getting 80% avg for). As much as there's cause to rejoice for that my worst subject is on 79% and will get scaled up, both physics and lit are conveniently about 12% off my other 3 subjects. It's arguable that it's because I'm doing so well in the other 3, but ultimately still very depressing. And I should go study. I've spent about an hour fooling around online. And I have my exams in 3 days. And I have not started studying for chem and calculus. Ah shit. 12:34 PM
|