![]() |
|
|
Disclaimer The reader accepts, on reading of this disclaimer, that the Internet is a vast wasteland of crap that spews out of human minds. This blog is no different. Any assumptions or conclusions that the reader draws from this blog are not the responsibility of the author, along with any physical or psychological harm that might result from the reading of this blog. Author The author is a paranoid, deranged and cynical misanthrope who records snippets of her life so that she will remember them when she grows old and withered. The identities of any names or initials on this blog are based on the assumptions of the reader unless otherwise specified, and the author claims no responsibility for them. Reality The author somehow got into medical school. Yes, you of the general public, shudder and fear the wrath of an inept doctor. Loves Reading, Maisy (my dog), tea, writing (albeit badly), piano, music, junk food. Hates Almost everything else besides the things mentioned above. Friends Bao Cheng' Bernice' Chien Young' Chun Hing' Claire' Faustina' Felicia' Ferly' Gloria' Irene' Irene & Jiaying' Jac' Jiamin' Jiasin' Jiaying' Lutheng' Karene' Marissa' Melesa' Mingyi' My fictionpress' Pamelia' Pei Rong' Qiu Ting' Rachel' Satires Site' Stasia' Sylvia' The Clique' Vinette' Wenjia' Xin Rong' Xue Ying' Yanne & I' Yanne & Jamie' Zeena' 203' Archives Chat area |
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
About the term that's just been: Now that I've finally had more than 7 hours of sleep (well, for the past 4 days anyway), I can think straight and talk coherently! Wow! Well yes, I've been surviving on less than 6 hours of sleep nearly every day of the school term, even staying up till 3.30 in the morning one Saturday to get some revision/study guides done. And waking up at 10 the next morning to continue working. *sigh* I now truly understand the word 'studying' Not that it always pays off. For all that I mugged for physics, I lost 7 marks out of 50 on careless errors (like significant figures and writing South when I'd labelled it North, and not being able to count) which meant narrowly kissing an A goodbye (narrowly being by 1%: got 37/50), and getting the worst mark EVER in my entire physics education. Gee great. And that means that physics, at the end of term 1, has been crowned the worst subject! By a margin of 3% off LIT. Yes, I'm doing better in LIT than PHYSICS. The next thing we know, dinosaurs will be ruling the earth. Might be because we've only had one essay so far in lit, and I did miraculously well in it. Doubt my research essay and oral went that well. :( And I dropped history at last! My history teacher wasn't terribly impressed. She took AGES to sign my bleeding form and did a live commentary while signing it (probably why she took so long), proclaiming to the class that it was a 'stupid and crazy' decision on my part. I was elated though. I really did not want to do the essay the next day (which was 5 days ago), and was happily running past a classroom of forehead-clutching essay writers to hand my form in (not to mention gloating over them). I reckon I might have mentioned this once or twice (or a million times), but parent teacher meeting is the first day back of term. I AM SCREWED, especially for physics and lit (which conveniently are the last 2 interviews for me). I am really, really not looking forward to it at all. It's not too bad for the other subjects, or rather just for calculus (because I did well in the last test due to a complete fluke: I had devoted all my studying time to physics and my lit essay). I can just imagine what the other teachers would say... Chem: Well, she's deproved from last year. I hope she will not slip any further or she will be SCREWED. (didn't drop that much, but my grades are definitely slipping, especially after that horrible titrations lab quiz which I totally screwed up due to that lone explanation question I did not understand) Applic maths: she should STOP DRAWING ON HER TESTS. It makes it very hard for the marker to mark her test papers as she SUCKS AT DRAWING. And she should also cut down on her careless mistakes instead of drawing, and READ THE QUESTION. Physics: Nothing to say except that SHE SUCKS AT PHYSICS, despite putting in so much effort. She should just jump off a building. Perhaps she will learn more about gravity and Newton's laws that way Lit: Needs to SHUT UP AND LISTEN FOR AT LEAST 2 SECONDS. And also turn up to class on time. And participate more constructively, such as sharing ideas. And stop sniggering and playing snake on her calculator. So yes... I was talking to my physics teacher and imploring him not to bitch about me, and here's how the convo went. Teacher: but I've never heard any teachers bitch about you! (which made me wonder about who they DID bitch about in the staffroom) Me: Oh, wait till you talk to ____ (insert lit teacher's name). He's told me off more times this year than all the teachers put together Teacher: What does he tell you off for? Me: Talking in class. Teacher (goes red with LAUGHTER): But you don't SAY ANYTHING in physics! Me: Yeah, but I get bored in lit! Teacher: (still laughing) Who do you sit next to in lit? Me: ___ (insert friend's name) Teacher: So moral of the story is, don't sit next to ___. Me: but if I don't, I'll just talk to someone else anyway! Bah. My physics teacher is funny. Apparently he keeled over laughing last year when someone (from another class) asked if we would do a cool experiment if we had a free lesson because he found the prospect of having a free lesson really, really hilarious. Oh, and on arts fest day, the science department (actually, every department except the maths department. Humph) dressed up as leprechauns. And said physics teacher had to wear green and black STRIPED STOCKINGS. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. And he was unfortunately placed next to the year 12s (aka us), who all started picking on him. He was so awkward (he was BRIGHT RED and refused to look at us) and kept trying to cover up the stockings. Apparently someone 'snapped' (pulled back and let go) it and he was so EMBARRASSED (though I think it was a fellow colleague. Doubt any of us would have been that suicidal). And he had to wear a GLITERRY GREEN LEPRECHAUN HAT, despite being a self-professed glitter hater. HAHAHAHAHA. And the whole science dept was left standing there and taunted by us for about 10 minutes because their music didn't work. Bwahahahaha. The lit teacher was also wearing a LIGHT PURPLE PLAITED WIG. *dies of laughter* Need I say anymore? I need to start on my hol hw... Sigh. The maths teachers haven't uploaded our holiday assignment though, and so I'm procrastinating. I doubt they've even remembered about it actually. Maybe I should start on physics/chem... I hate physics though. Bah. Don't have a choice, so :(. 2:26 PM
|