![]() |
|
|
Disclaimer The reader accepts, on reading of this disclaimer, that the Internet is a vast wasteland of crap that spews out of human minds. This blog is no different. Any assumptions or conclusions that the reader draws from this blog are not the responsibility of the author, along with any physical or psychological harm that might result from the reading of this blog. Author The author is a paranoid, deranged and cynical misanthrope who records snippets of her life so that she will remember them when she grows old and withered. The identities of any names or initials on this blog are based on the assumptions of the reader unless otherwise specified, and the author claims no responsibility for them. Reality The author somehow got into medical school. Yes, you of the general public, shudder and fear the wrath of an inept doctor. Loves Reading, Maisy (my dog), tea, writing (albeit badly), piano, music, junk food. Hates Almost everything else besides the things mentioned above. Friends Bao Cheng' Bernice' Chien Young' Chun Hing' Claire' Faustina' Felicia' Ferly' Gloria' Irene' Irene & Jiaying' Jac' Jiamin' Jiasin' Jiaying' Lutheng' Karene' Marissa' Melesa' Mingyi' My fictionpress' Pamelia' Pei Rong' Qiu Ting' Rachel' Satires Site' Stasia' Sylvia' The Clique' Vinette' Wenjia' Xin Rong' Xue Ying' Yanne & I' Yanne & Jamie' Zeena' 203' Archives Chat area |
Sunday, March 02, 2008
The school ball on Friday can be very simply summed up in one word: crap. Why people bother dressing up so nicely and spending a heap of money just to go there and jump around like monkeys really escapes me. Well, except that I know where Darwin's inspiration for his evolution theory might have been. Once a monkey, always a monkey. The food, as usual, was horrible. Everything was half-cooked except for the chicken, or rather the chicken-looking rock drenched in olive oil (or what I think is olive oil). Thank goodness they served sushi as finger food before dinner. Keisha and I got so bored midway through the event that we decided to drop rice that had been spilled on the table (be it intentionally or not: it was really crap) into the tea candles provided at the table, and watch them dissolve. Then contemplate how rice dissolves in hot wax. And ultimately blow the candle out. And Victoria's date (Keisha and I couldn't be bothered bringing anyone: well, not if you have to pay close to $200 more for them to go) got really bored too. So we lined our glass bottles (some were still half-full/empty with drinks) and decided to try chucking our glowsticks over them carnival-games style. We weren't very successful... And knocked a Pepsi glass over. Oops. I wish I'd gone to see Miss Saigon instead. Keisha and I must have gone to the toilet at least 5 times during the course of the night. And the music was so loud that we had to SHOUT and still couldn't hear each other. Well, we got so bored we decided to test the physics we learnt out by trying to find the nodal and antinodal points between the speakers. Yes, that's how bored we were. So I got home at about 1 at night, and slept at about 2 after my bath etc. Got up at 12 yesterday, had a 1 hour nap in the evening, then couldn't get to bed. So I did homework/revision till 3.30 in the morning. And got up at about 10 this morning. I swear I'm becoming an insomniac. Tomorrow's a holiday! Labour day here. But my brother still has uni. Wahahahahaha. What a sucker! Oh yes, I've started piano lessons. Chose my concerto on Thurs. Playing a Bach concerto in D minor. I can't find the score online, and it costs $55 at the shops. Yes, $55. The parents would probably have a heart attack if I even told them. Sigh... It's gonna be a really busy week ahead. Which is why I haven't been online much these days, sadly. And I screwed up my fricking oral history assignment (the one where I had to interview someone). Got 70%, which is below the mean of 72.8%. I HAVE NEVER GOTTEN BELOW THE MEAN IN HISTORY IN MY WHOLE ENTIRE LIFE. How insulting! And it's worth 6%, which means I'm screwed. I've decided to drop history if I don't get above 80% by the end of the term/semester, depending on how I manage my time etc. If history is really a huge burden, then I'll drop it at the end of the term if I don't get 80% and above. And it depends on my other subjects too. If history remains my 2nd worst subject (lit's my worst, but not by much actually), then I'm dropping it for sure. Oh well. Shall run off to play some jigsaws online. 11:59 AM
|