![]() |
|
|
Disclaimer The reader accepts, on reading of this disclaimer, that the Internet is a vast wasteland of crap that spews out of human minds. This blog is no different. Any assumptions or conclusions that the reader draws from this blog are not the responsibility of the author, along with any physical or psychological harm that might result from the reading of this blog. Author The author is a paranoid, deranged and cynical misanthrope who records snippets of her life so that she will remember them when she grows old and withered. The identities of any names or initials on this blog are based on the assumptions of the reader unless otherwise specified, and the author claims no responsibility for them. Reality The author somehow got into medical school. Yes, you of the general public, shudder and fear the wrath of an inept doctor. Loves Reading, Maisy (my dog), tea, writing (albeit badly), piano, music, junk food. Hates Almost everything else besides the things mentioned above. Friends Bao Cheng' Bernice' Chien Young' Chun Hing' Claire' Faustina' Felicia' Ferly' Gloria' Irene' Irene & Jiaying' Jac' Jiamin' Jiasin' Jiaying' Lutheng' Karene' Marissa' Melesa' Mingyi' My fictionpress' Pamelia' Pei Rong' Qiu Ting' Rachel' Satires Site' Stasia' Sylvia' The Clique' Vinette' Wenjia' Xin Rong' Xue Ying' Yanne & I' Yanne & Jamie' Zeena' 203' Archives Chat area |
Monday, January 14, 2008
Next term's school fees just arrived, and I nearly died of a cardiac arrest just looking at it. A grand total of $5400 (forgot the exact amount), with all the annoying miscellanous fees like school diary, study planner (my ass... I wish I could sell it back to the school for $15), some parent council donation (DONATION?! My brain nearly imploded on registering that amount of info. More like extortion), technology fees... Oh, and piano lessons... 8 lessons for $304. I guess I might have to cut down on lessons or my parents will be cranky at me (considering my dismal results which I haven't disclosed to them). And yes, that's only for 1 term. Let's see... If there're 5 days per week, 10 weeks a term... (excluding holidays and all the crappy sports thingums) That makes it 50 days. Thus, it costs about $100 per day for me to go to school. If the school requested payment in blood, I think my entire family tree would be dead by now. Looking at the frigging school fees makes me want to quit the school. I mean yes, it's a good school, but way too expensive. Thank goodness this is my last year... Well, before going to uni, which is going to cost way more. I get so annoyed when people go to school and just monkey around because they don't think about how difficult their parents have to work just to earn that huge amount of money (it costs at least $15k a YEAR) for them to go to the school. True, most of them are in the higher echelons of society, meaning their parents could just chuck money down the sewerage without second thoughts (which is what most of them are doing, sending their children to this school). If any teachers ask me what my motivation for working so hard is, I'd definitely say the astronomical school fees. Not just good grades, getting into a good uni course, and the prestige with being the creme de la creme. My parents invest their hard-earned money on my education, and I think that it's very wrong to let them down. I mean, with that money, they could easily have a very comfortable life, instead of driving beat-up old cars and going to work early in the morning till late in the night. Well, all in all, the school's an annoying, money-making assh*le. I don't hate it. On the contrary, I think it gives a top-grade education to anyone fortunate (by that, I mean born with silver spoons and ladles stuck up their rearends) enough to walk through its hallowed halls. Which is the reason why my parents are scimping and saving just to send me there. On the other hand, I don't think it's very fair to deprive people of lower socio-economic backgrounds of a top-grade education. It's no point arguing that state schools do that because they don't. And yes, it does give scholarships on the basis of economic background and academic achievement (I didn't go for them though. Didn't know about it), but I probably wouldn't qualify for them. First, my family seems pretty well-off (we do own a business and a house), but we have to because of our visa), and 2ndly, I'm too dumb. Haha. I do wish I tried out though. Maybe I could have gotten like a 1% scholarship (that's still about $200 you know). Oh well. I guess I just have to work hard... Life in Perth sucks. Well, only if you're poor. Like me :(. 3:16 PM
|