![]() |
|
|
Disclaimer The reader accepts, on reading of this disclaimer, that the Internet is a vast wasteland of crap that spews out of human minds. This blog is no different. Any assumptions or conclusions that the reader draws from this blog are not the responsibility of the author, along with any physical or psychological harm that might result from the reading of this blog. Author The author is a paranoid, deranged and cynical misanthrope who records snippets of her life so that she will remember them when she grows old and withered. The identities of any names or initials on this blog are based on the assumptions of the reader unless otherwise specified, and the author claims no responsibility for them. Reality The author somehow got into medical school. Yes, you of the general public, shudder and fear the wrath of an inept doctor. Loves Reading, Maisy (my dog), tea, writing (albeit badly), piano, music, junk food. Hates Almost everything else besides the things mentioned above. Friends Bao Cheng' Bernice' Chien Young' Chun Hing' Claire' Faustina' Felicia' Ferly' Gloria' Irene' Irene & Jiaying' Jac' Jiamin' Jiasin' Jiaying' Lutheng' Karene' Marissa' Melesa' Mingyi' My fictionpress' Pamelia' Pei Rong' Qiu Ting' Rachel' Satires Site' Stasia' Sylvia' The Clique' Vinette' Wenjia' Xin Rong' Xue Ying' Yanne & I' Yanne & Jamie' Zeena' 203' Archives Chat area |
Thursday, November 01, 2007
Yes! I think I've just about finished chem. And It's 11:36 at night. Wow. Considering I only got home at about 7:15 today, it's a great feat. I gobbled my dinner down, had a quick shower and started doing chem, despite a huge headache. Anyway, geom and trig was unpredictably easy today! I thought I missed a page because I finished so early despite being 5 mins late. Shouldn't have bothered studying so much. Bah. I hope chem's that easy tomorrow. Had the music fest after school. It actually didn't go too bad! I got a distinction, which was the highest 'category' you could get... Though I didn't win the trophy. But considering how I thought I'd get a participation, it's good enough. My friend and I were debating about what certs we were gonna get. She was like 'I think I'm gonna get a 'you are so crap, you don't even deserve a participation' cert', and I was like 'I think I'm gonna get a 'Omfg... You're so bad, you should just curl up and die' cert'. So we were just sniggering away as the adjudicator was making her speech. Apparently the adjudicator was the same friend's ex-teacher, though she (the teacher) was so bad, it made said friend's sister quit, and made her want to quit piano too. Gaby was there... Which made me even a heck more nervous. She thought I did well though, so that was nice :). And she was there when the judge was making her speech/giving certs out. We were running really late, and because the strings 'section' was after us, and Gaby was accompanying a cellist (who's also my friend, she was there. I felt really inadequate after listening to all those people though. They were so fricking good. And I'm like crap. Bah. It's like my self-esteem needs any more battering, with Gaby as a teacher. Well, something pretty morbidly funny happened though. There was this girl who played the Chopin Revolutionary Etude (Op. 10 No. 12). When I heard she was playing that, I was like wtf... When I heard her play, I was sniggering. It sounds mean, but she stopped at least 10 times due to memory lapses, and had to even stop and figure out notes in the middle. For God's sake, use the SCORE then! Hahahaha.. And she was the only person who got a participation. It was like 'Highly commended, highly commended, distinction, distinction, distinction, PARTICIPATION, distinction...' HAHA. At least I didn't get a participation. I reckon Gaby would have pulled out a subpoena from her bag and shot me in the head if I did. And I was learning how to play a violin (albeit really badly) from another friend during the 'break' between after school and the music fest. It didn't sound very good at all. HAHA. My friend was wincing all the way. Ohoh, the old hag gave me the all-time highest mark she ever gave me! I swear she must have been on drugs though... She actually gave someone FULL MARKS and another person 24/25. Though those 2 said people always top the class, though not by such great margins. I got 20/25, which I thought was really good, considering it's lit! It was the Plath essay anyway, if any of you were wondering. But we've to do our oral presentations tomorrow. Some people've already done theirs, though I haven't. It's been volunteering but due to the lack of volunteers, she says she's gonna pick people tomorrow. I'm going to say she's gonna pick me. I somehow exude this 'pick-me' aura to all teachers. *sigh* Shall go to bed. It is pretty late now, you know. Stupid daylight savings (yes, Gaby, I know you think it's brilliant, but I still don't). 10:33 PM
|