![]() |
|
|
Disclaimer The reader accepts, on reading of this disclaimer, that the Internet is a vast wasteland of crap that spews out of human minds. This blog is no different. Any assumptions or conclusions that the reader draws from this blog are not the responsibility of the author, along with any physical or psychological harm that might result from the reading of this blog. Author The author is a paranoid, deranged and cynical misanthrope who records snippets of her life so that she will remember them when she grows old and withered. The identities of any names or initials on this blog are based on the assumptions of the reader unless otherwise specified, and the author claims no responsibility for them. Reality The author somehow got into medical school. Yes, you of the general public, shudder and fear the wrath of an inept doctor. Loves Reading, Maisy (my dog), tea, writing (albeit badly), piano, music, junk food. Hates Almost everything else besides the things mentioned above. Friends Bao Cheng' Bernice' Chien Young' Chun Hing' Claire' Faustina' Felicia' Ferly' Gloria' Irene' Irene & Jiaying' Jac' Jiamin' Jiasin' Jiaying' Lutheng' Karene' Marissa' Melesa' Mingyi' My fictionpress' Pamelia' Pei Rong' Qiu Ting' Rachel' Satires Site' Stasia' Sylvia' The Clique' Vinette' Wenjia' Xin Rong' Xue Ying' Yanne & I' Yanne & Jamie' Zeena' 203' Archives Chat area |
Sunday, October 07, 2007
NEW LAYOUT!!! I'm so proud of myself. Actually, if you remembered the old one, it has exactly the same layout except the picture and the colour scheme. I thought this picture was really pretty, so there! And if you wouldn't mind, please tell me which one you reckon's better. Anyway, I had my piano lesson on Friday. Thank God we didn't get lost. Mum was worried we would be late, but we ended up 15 mins early. So they both met. I was getting prepared for the volcano eruption, but fortunately that didn't happen. However, being the clairvoyant I am, I predicted the question my mum was going to ask Gaby. I was standing there, counting down, and sure enough, she asked. I was trying really hard not to snigger. She asked if I was ready for the exam, and (thank goodness) Gaby said I was. I think Gaby was kind of shocked when my mum asked her that. Oh, her daughter was sitting at the entrance playing with this whole spread of toys. I felt intensely jealous. When I was about her daughter's age, I was doing all sorts of assessment books and studying for spelling (both english and chinese), and going for all sorts of remedial/tuition classes because my chinese was really... Atrocious, shall we say? And remember streaming in primary 4? I remembered getting whacked for not getting a BAND 1 too. Those were the times... And the mum of the student before me gave her daughter this 'magic beads' set that looked remotely fun, considering my age and my non-girlish interests. Had I been her daughter's age (about 7 I'm guessing), I would probably have loved it. Her daughter did. But she had trouble taking the plastic off it, and when I offered to help her, I think she got scared of me. Bah. I swear I scare off little kids. I told Gaby that, but she said it was because her daughter's independent. I doubt it. I'M SCARY. WAHAHAAHAHHA. It's strange looking at small kids and then getting nostalgic and remembering that you're old. That the melanin in your hair's going to be gone one day and it's going just as you stand there being jealous of a little kid. That you're going to look like Gandalf one day and that little kid's going to point and laugh at you. Humph. Oh yes, I managed to get off aurals :). Due to my flu... Which hasn't really gotten better. Bleah. Her next student came punctually, but we were running late. The student got a new baby sibling (sister I think), and her mum brought her. She was so cute. By now, I was feeling really really old. Gee. That student and Gaby's daughter then ran off, and they found a slater in the garden. Her daughter wanted to keep it for her birthday, but Gaby was like 'it's going to be 7 times dead by November'. So her daughter ran off to build a home for the slater, and I was like 'I think my dog eats them'. Maisy hates bugs. My mum came back late to pick me up. I'm guessing she got carried away exploring/shopping. So I got to listen to her next student play for a little while, and all the time, I was thinking of how pitiable Gaby was. She is so fricking good, and yet she has to teach those little kiddy pieces. I wonder how she has the patience to do it. It's really amazing. She practices the Chopin ballades and can teach people like me (who are horrible at piano and still have the guts to take the grade 8 exam). And then she switches to teaching those kind of pieces. Argh. If you were wondering how I knew about the Chopin ballades thingum, I was helping her look for her Chopin nocturnes book (for me, because I obviously can't take the photocopy into the exam, and so she wanted me to play from the book as a practice), and I saw this Chopin book on the piano and she was like 'nah, it isn't that one, that's my practice stuff'. So, on closer inspection, I saw it was the ballades. Gah. And she has a grand piano! Though I got a horrible shock when I first started using the pedal. My piano's really stiff, and hers is really 'soft' compared, especially the pedal. Enough about piano. My mum and I then went to Ikea to have lunch and do some furniture shopping. I bought a table lamp and a bedside cabinet (because I keep stuffing the books I read before bedtime under my bed, and my mum was getting pissed off at the state of my room), while my mum bought 2 bedside cabinets (1 for each side of her bed) and a kitchen trolley thingum. We spent about 3 hours there. And, yes, just bought 4 items. Maisy must have been really lonely at home because she was really excited when we got home. Poor her... So I've been doing some springcleaning/repacking of my room, which my mum declared to be a pigsty. The amount of unhappy dustmites floating around must have been terribly angry and reaped their revenge by worsening my flu. But, at least, my room's finally NEAT. *does a victory dance* I might take a photo later. I just finished fixing up the bedside tables. I did my own, and also 1 of my mum's. Probably the most work I've done the whole hols. Haha! Thus, I think I've earned my right to go play some games. :) 5:13 PM
|