![]() |
|
|
Disclaimer The reader accepts, on reading of this disclaimer, that the Internet is a vast wasteland of crap that spews out of human minds. This blog is no different. Any assumptions or conclusions that the reader draws from this blog are not the responsibility of the author, along with any physical or psychological harm that might result from the reading of this blog. Author The author is a paranoid, deranged and cynical misanthrope who records snippets of her life so that she will remember them when she grows old and withered. The identities of any names or initials on this blog are based on the assumptions of the reader unless otherwise specified, and the author claims no responsibility for them. Reality The author somehow got into medical school. Yes, you of the general public, shudder and fear the wrath of an inept doctor. Loves Reading, Maisy (my dog), tea, writing (albeit badly), piano, music, junk food. Hates Almost everything else besides the things mentioned above. Friends Bao Cheng' Bernice' Chien Young' Chun Hing' Claire' Faustina' Felicia' Ferly' Gloria' Irene' Irene & Jiaying' Jac' Jiamin' Jiasin' Jiaying' Lutheng' Karene' Marissa' Melesa' Mingyi' My fictionpress' Pamelia' Pei Rong' Qiu Ting' Rachel' Satires Site' Stasia' Sylvia' The Clique' Vinette' Wenjia' Xin Rong' Xue Ying' Yanne & I' Yanne & Jamie' Zeena' 203' Archives Chat area |
Monday, October 29, 2007
My piano exam, for those curious to know, was as good as a pile of bat shit. Aka, crap (pun intended). Well, not all of it. I thought the scales were ok-ish except for 1 of the '3rd aparts', where I overshot the notes at the top. The pieces, contrary to my belief earlier on in the day, were actually good in my opinion! The piano was way better than mine/the school's (it was a grand!). Now comes the bad part. The sight-reading: notes were fine, rhythm was screwed beyond hope. And... *thunder clouds start to form* AURALS. Were a total nightmare. Given a normal day condition, yes, I would have breezed through them. However, I totally blanked out. I got an easy cadence: plagal. Guess what I said? PERFECT. Fine, they're pretty close, and I rectified my mistake when asked to identify the cadences. But for the identification, for the 1st chord, I said 'dominant'. For the 2nd, 'dominant'. Bah. I don't know what happened. I got an easy, easy JAZZ piece for the last test. And when asked what the style was, I said I didn't have a clue. Asked the probable composer, I murmured 'Debussy'. I felt like shooting myself immediately after the exam, much less wait for Gaby to do so because I certainly did not get FULL MARKS (HA, HA) for the aurals. I went into the 'holding room' and told her the minute I walked in that she was gonna kill me. Wait till you see my mangled, blasted skull tomorrow. Anyway, that's over. Heck. I probably failed miserably, but there's a lot more going on this week than to fret over my piano results which I know are past the point of no return. And it turns out the 'old bag' wasn't all that old after all. She was only about 50 I think. And Gaby said she was nice, which both myself and a fellow schoolmate totally disagreed on. Thanks to all the well-wishers too! Especially Irene, who smsed me half an hour before it started, and scared the crap out of Gaby because she thought it was my mum smsing me that she couldn't pick me (and the schoolmate) up. Thanks to Xinrong, Sars, Jiaying, Shiru and all the others who told me to stop freaking out too :). Bah. Hist doc study test tmr, and the research essay (just a 100 word plan anyway: easy enough to churn out in the span of half an hour) due on Wed, along with the physics test (which deserves a huge BAH). And geom and trig test and assignment (which I've thankfully done. May I remind you it is a huge achievement because it was supposed to be a 3 hr exam) and the school's music fest (like I haven't had enough of piano 'tests') on Thurs. And chem on Friday. And the fact that my week is so sh*tty, I'm basically SCREWED with huge, capital letters. So what am I still doing here when I should be hauling my a*s off to do my hw, I don't know. Probably still suffering from post-piano-exam-shock/trauma. And... The fact that I found out the evil dwarf used to be part of a 'rock band', and was the LEAD VOCALIST. Now how traumatising is that?! If laughter could kill, I think I'd be 186 times dead. Oh, when I told my teachers I was going for my piano exam, NONE of them wished me good luck. What great teachers I have. Such highly supportive, amiable and kind teachers indeed. And the exams are nigh, which just makes me want to sigh. Physics on the Mon, Lit on the Wed, Intro calculus on the Thurs, Chem on the Fri, Geom and trig on the following Tues, Hist on the Wed. So I start on the 12th of Nov and end on the 21st. Yay. And I get my papers back 1 day after my birthday. Yay x 2. What a great birthday present indeed. 8:48 PM
|