![]() |
|
|
Disclaimer The reader accepts, on reading of this disclaimer, that the Internet is a vast wasteland of crap that spews out of human minds. This blog is no different. Any assumptions or conclusions that the reader draws from this blog are not the responsibility of the author, along with any physical or psychological harm that might result from the reading of this blog. Author The author is a paranoid, deranged and cynical misanthrope who records snippets of her life so that she will remember them when she grows old and withered. The identities of any names or initials on this blog are based on the assumptions of the reader unless otherwise specified, and the author claims no responsibility for them. Reality The author somehow got into medical school. Yes, you of the general public, shudder and fear the wrath of an inept doctor. Loves Reading, Maisy (my dog), tea, writing (albeit badly), piano, music, junk food. Hates Almost everything else besides the things mentioned above. Friends Bao Cheng' Bernice' Chien Young' Chun Hing' Claire' Faustina' Felicia' Ferly' Gloria' Irene' Irene & Jiaying' Jac' Jiamin' Jiasin' Jiaying' Lutheng' Karene' Marissa' Melesa' Mingyi' My fictionpress' Pamelia' Pei Rong' Qiu Ting' Rachel' Satires Site' Stasia' Sylvia' The Clique' Vinette' Wenjia' Xin Rong' Xue Ying' Yanne & I' Yanne & Jamie' Zeena' 203' Archives Chat area |
Monday, October 22, 2007
I positively hate my family. I know it's really mean of me to say that, so let me try and justify myself. My dad was asking me when my piano exam was the other day. He doesn't give a crap about anything, really. He just asks, but doesn't bother remembering. And he asked about the recital yesterday. And he said that I should do better than my brother. They always expect so much without giving me any damn help. It's almost like they believe that just because I'm the second child and I actually showed some promise as a young kid (emphasis on YOUNG), I have to surpass everything my brother did. Not that that's happened. Which leads on to my mum, who practically worships my brother. She rushes off to these night jobs just so that she can give him an extra $500 pocket money, when I get NOTHING. I don't even eat lunch in school because it's so frigging expensive (it's about $4 for just a sandwich). And when she's off on those night jobs, I have to settle dinner, which she's pre-cooked and requires just a bit more cooking. Fine, I don't mind that. What really gets on my nerves is that she unloads all that extra stress on me. It's so unfair. I don't even stand to gain anything. Everything she does is for that assh*le who just sits around pretending he's so great just because he's a doctor-to-be. And my mum picks on me. My brother and I are sitting on the couch watching television. I had just spent about 2 hours doing my Geom and Trig assignment/practice exam paper, and was basically drained and really tired. And my brother, who instead of doing his work, was having a 2 hour nap, is fully rejuvenated. Guess who has to help prepare dinner? The assh*le then talks about me lazing around, and says I should get a job. For holy f*ck's sake (sorry... I really cannot find any other appropriate vocabulary to express my anger and exasperation. Not that the expletives really help), I already have a whole iceberg of homework and assignments and what-nots that have to be done. Just because it's supposedly not an 'important' year doesn't mean there isn't any homework. And my mum just has to join in and talk about how frigging lazy I apparently am, and how I should get a job. I am not the one who spends every day eating out at posh chinese restaurants like dear brother. I don't even EAT lunch, for God's sake. And I think the assh*le's going to start floating soon. Due to his huge, helium-inflated head. He thinks he's oh-so-smart with such an oh-so-bright-future just because he's doing medicine. Big-fat-deal. I know so many inspiring and intelligent people (like Gaby) who would probably rather die than do medicine. And when I say that, he says that's because they're WEIRD. And my mum agreed. I don't understand them. Just because someone's different doesn't mean they're weird. Just because I don't want to be a doctor/lawyer doesn't mean I won't succeed in life. Being a doctor/lawyer probably gives me a free life ticket on the highway to an economically-comfortable albeit unhappy life. And just because I don't want to be one despite my apparent 'ability' to be one doesn't brand me to be a social outcast (though I certainly am one) or 'weird', as they so eloquently put it. The assh*le was also suggesting all sorts of medical tests for my parents. Some snoring cure for my dad, and a mamogram for my mum. The ancient Greeks and Romes, bless their centuries-dead souls, did not have such technologically advanced machinery. And they still thought more clearly and lived longer than us. And, I guess, they were 'weird'. And yes, I know, I'm going to be a failure, if being a failure means I won't be a lawyer/doctor. The only thing I'm going to regret if I move out to go to a uni in 2 years time would be leaving Maisy behind. She's such a sweetie... She helps cheer me up when I'm really depressed, like now. If my family owned a gun, I think I'd be dead by now. Suicide or murder, you decide. They would probably have disowned me because I was too 'weird'. You know, Darwinism and evolution? The weak get exterminated? And just throw in a few more medical terms and you get the gist of what the assh*le would say. 9:43 PM
|