![]() |
|
|
Disclaimer The reader accepts, on reading of this disclaimer, that the Internet is a vast wasteland of crap that spews out of human minds. This blog is no different. Any assumptions or conclusions that the reader draws from this blog are not the responsibility of the author, along with any physical or psychological harm that might result from the reading of this blog. Author The author is a paranoid, deranged and cynical misanthrope who records snippets of her life so that she will remember them when she grows old and withered. The identities of any names or initials on this blog are based on the assumptions of the reader unless otherwise specified, and the author claims no responsibility for them. Reality The author somehow got into medical school. Yes, you of the general public, shudder and fear the wrath of an inept doctor. Loves Reading, Maisy (my dog), tea, writing (albeit badly), piano, music, junk food. Hates Almost everything else besides the things mentioned above. Friends Bao Cheng' Bernice' Chien Young' Chun Hing' Claire' Faustina' Felicia' Ferly' Gloria' Irene' Irene & Jiaying' Jac' Jiamin' Jiasin' Jiaying' Lutheng' Karene' Marissa' Melesa' Mingyi' My fictionpress' Pamelia' Pei Rong' Qiu Ting' Rachel' Satires Site' Stasia' Sylvia' The Clique' Vinette' Wenjia' Xin Rong' Xue Ying' Yanne & I' Yanne & Jamie' Zeena' 203' Archives Chat area |
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
Do you guys think I'm a lonesome genius? ... Pardon me while I snigger myself into a dead faint. Gaby apparently thinks I am. I was telling her about my mum throwing all sorts of careers at me, and she suggested software on a wild whim that it was what lonesome genii did. I thought it was rude to snigger myself into a dead faint and fall with a deafening crash on the piano, so I didn't. Why the heck do people think I'm smart? Smart people are people like Laykuan, or NATAN, or just anyone but ME. Hell... Who got 39 for her Maths overall in sec 2? Gee. The world is full of crazy people. Not saying that Gaby's crazy. She's just really nice, actually bothering to listen to my rants. Not that I actually give her a choice. She probably doesn't, but just does so to humour me. And I had an extra long lesson today because her next student didn't turn up. So that was nice. We talked quite a bit... About how she got a trip to New York because she won a bet with her husband about teenage boys and salad. Apparently her son had friends staying over for the weekend, and she made this huge bowl of salad for lunch. So her husband was saying it was quite unnecessary since testosterone-charged teenage boys would never touch vegetables, and promised her ANYTHING if they did. And she wanted a trip to NY (haha...) to visit her great grandaunt who's 97. Anyway, the first guy turned down the offer of vegetables, probably cringing like me. The second, however, actually took some. And she and her husband just cracked up, and the kids were like 'wth?! Why're your parents laughing that I took some salad?!'. Hee. I wish my parents were like that. I'll bring one of my rabbity friends home. I've got quite a few in school. They're intent on maintaining their 'sevelte' bodies. She wanted to see that great grandaunt because apparently she survived the Holocaust by the skin of her neck. She got out every time just before the Germans arrived. And Gaby wants to record down the story etc... About how the aunt's husband escaped from Paris via the rooftops, complete with the Gestapo shooting at him. I'm tempted to get an interview for my oral history assignment :). Talking about history, we're watching SCHINDLER'S LIST in class. Great. Just great. I've watched it already, and it's so close to the exams I'm starting to panic. And yet we're just wasting our precious lessons watching a MOVIE that's about 3 hours long. Gee. The evil dwarf's off on a school camp. Meaning we're doing NADA the whole week. Just great. And week 3's gonna be a killer. Mon: Piano exam. Tues: Intro calc and lit oral (elaboration later). Wed: physics and hist test. Thurs: music fest and geom and trig. Fri: chem test. *dies* About the lit assignment. The old hag gave me probably the hardest topic on the list. Aka the poetic technique of 'conceit'. I have NEVER heard of such a technique before, meaning a huge load of research. And we didn't do it before. And half the class was sighing with relief while the other half was laughing at my misfortune when she gave me the fateful topic. She couldn't have given me something easier, like haikus, or sonnets, or allusions. No, of course not. Well, granted she did it 'randomly'. Bleah. I haven't done any homework tonight. Boo. I spent about an hour after dinner watching this documentary 'why democracy?', this episode being on George Bush and the Iraq War. I was sitting there going 'WHAT THE HELL' the whole time. Do you know tha it's legal for them to crush the testicles of a person's son to make them confess? Or that the Bush Administration virtually cannot be charged with war crimes because of a piece of legislation they drew up? ATROCIOUS. It reminds me of the Holocaust again. And they talk about crimes against humanity. Or online videos of Americans (probably innocent) being executed. For God's sakes, they do it too. An eye for an eye, Bush? The atrocities... They tortured people by making them almost suffocate so that they could extract 'confessions', which they turned into factual reports. It's so 1984, it's frightening. They used people's worst fears (Room 101, anyone?) like dogs to torment them into saying things. I think Orwell is a fricking clairvoyant. Except that he thought it would be the Germans, while this time, it's the Allied superpower/savior. Irony at its fullest. All I can say is that white isn't always the purest colour. And that European media is so biased, it's unjustifiable. It's always the 'nasty Iraqis', never the 'weasel Bush Admin'. The world is really sad. I'm off to do my chem homework before I get killed by my teacher. She got really agitated by people not listening today because we're apparently running out of time. I'm glad she wasn't pissed off I was late due to piano. She's really nice to me because she probably knows I do my work anyway. And my grades are quite ok in relation to others. The pros of being a nerd, heh? 10:18 PM
|