Disclaimer

The reader accepts, on reading of this disclaimer, that the Internet is a vast wasteland of crap that spews out of human minds. This blog is no different. Any assumptions or conclusions that the reader draws from this blog are not the responsibility of the author, along with any physical or psychological harm that might result from the reading of this blog.

Author

The author is a paranoid, deranged and cynical misanthrope who records snippets of her life so that she will remember them when she grows old and withered. The identities of any names or initials on this blog are based on the assumptions of the reader unless otherwise specified, and the author claims no responsibility for them.

Reality

The author somehow got into medical school. Yes, you of the general public, shudder and fear the wrath of an inept doctor.

Loves

Reading, Maisy (my dog), tea, writing (albeit badly), piano, music, junk food.

Hates

Almost everything else besides the things mentioned above.

Friends

Bao Cheng' Bernice' Chien Young' Chun Hing' Claire' Faustina' Felicia' Ferly' Gloria' Irene' Irene & Jiaying' Jac' Jiamin' Jiasin' Jiaying' Lutheng' Karene' Marissa' Melesa' Mingyi' My fictionpress' Pamelia' Pei Rong' Qiu Ting' Rachel' Satires Site' Stasia' Sylvia' The Clique' Vinette' Wenjia' Xin Rong' Xue Ying' Yanne & I' Yanne & Jamie' Zeena' 203'

Archives

03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004 10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004 01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005 02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005 03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005 04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005 05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005 06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005 07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005 08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005 09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005 10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005 11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006 02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006 03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006 04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006 05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006 06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006 07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006 08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006 09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006 10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006 11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006 12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007 01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007 02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007 03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007 04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007 06/01/2007 - 07/01/2007 07/01/2007 - 08/01/2007 08/01/2007 - 09/01/2007 09/01/2007 - 10/01/2007 10/01/2007 - 11/01/2007 11/01/2007 - 12/01/2007 12/01/2007 - 01/01/2008 01/01/2008 - 02/01/2008 02/01/2008 - 03/01/2008 03/01/2008 - 04/01/2008 04/01/2008 - 05/01/2008 05/01/2008 - 06/01/2008 06/01/2008 - 07/01/2008 07/01/2008 - 08/01/2008 08/01/2008 - 09/01/2008 09/01/2008 - 10/01/2008 10/01/2008 - 11/01/2008 11/01/2008 - 12/01/2008 12/01/2008 - 01/01/2009 01/01/2009 - 02/01/2009 02/01/2009 - 03/01/2009 03/01/2009 - 04/01/2009 04/01/2009 - 05/01/2009 05/01/2009 - 06/01/2009 06/01/2009 - 07/01/2009 07/01/2009 - 08/01/2009 08/01/2009 - 09/01/2009 09/01/2009 - 10/01/2009 12/01/2009 - 01/01/2010 08/01/2010 - 09/01/2010 12/01/2010 - 01/01/2011 06/01/2011 - 07/01/2011 04/01/2012 - 05/01/2012 08/01/2012 - 09/01/2012 09/01/2012 - 10/01/2012 10/01/2012 - 11/01/2012 11/01/2012 - 12/01/2012 12/01/2012 - 01/01/2013 01/01/2013 - 02/01/2013 02/01/2013 - 03/01/2013 03/01/2013 - 04/01/2013 04/01/2013 - 05/01/2013 05/01/2013 - 06/01/2013 06/01/2013 - 07/01/2013 07/01/2013 - 08/01/2013 11/01/2013 - 12/01/2013 12/01/2013 - 01/01/2014 02/01/2014 - 03/01/2014 03/01/2014 - 04/01/2014 05/01/2014 - 06/01/2014

Chat area


Sunday, September 30, 2007

Family friends just left about an hour ago (after spending 6 hours here), and so here I am, after my bath... And it's nearly 11.

If it were up to me, I'd have done a Plath and thrown my parents' guests out about 2 mins into their visit. Since it wasn't (unfortunately), I shut the door and read the evening away (I was so bored, I was reading DAN BROWN).

And now I've a bad sore throat from dehydration because I didn't want to face the prospect of being involved in small talk just for a cup of water. Argh.

Poor Maisy was pestered by their 2 kids the whole day. She's deadbeat now.

The evening ended as I expected. They, knowing the 'excellent' pianists my brother and I are, got us to play. My brother was quite gracious and did so first. As for me, I sought refuge in the bathroom and faked a bad diarrhoea. Sadly, my mum didn't buy it.

They ambushed me after my said diarrhoea. It was my worst renditions of the Bach prelude and Mozart sonata. Well, considering that I probably stunk like a skunk from my shower-deprivation, and that my mood was like that of a person with a porcupine shoved up their rearend, it was good enough that I even attempted to placate my mum. Rather they forced me into it. I screwed up nearly half of the prelude (I didn't have the bk there...), and just didn't bother about the Mozart slurs. I bet Gaby's very disappointed with me.

I'm glad they weren't very musical people. They ranted and raved about my pianistic abilities. I reckon they wouldn't have noticed even if it was a cross-eyed maniacal monkey playing in my place. I had to bite back a few sniggers the whole time. The guy even asked my bro what he played (Chopin nocturne 21 in C sharp). I wouldn't even say my bro's rendition of the Chopin nocturne was that good. I thought it was mediocre. It didn't possess the emotion that nocturnes are supposed to have... It was more technical than anything. Even then, he screwed up quite a bit.

But well, considering the fact that I was cowering in the bathroom, the sound wasn't that fantastic and my mood probably made it sound much worse. I'm glad they didn't really have much time to talk about my playing after that, because it was late, and their kids were getting sleepy (good kids).

I'm over the fact that it's the hols. I guess when it starts to sink in, you no longer give a crap about it.

And apparently my mum told the friend that I won that Maths thingum. I wanted very badly to shout in her face that it was a FLUKE, but being the restrained, RESPECTED MEMBER OF SOCIETY I am, I just accepted it graciously and uh-huhed my way through it. The lady friend was going on about claiming glory for Singaporeans, which really made me want to fall to the floor and laugh myself into a dead faint.

What amazed me most was that my mum actually bothered enough to tell her about it. I guess she is proud of the fact that her daughter won one of the most prestigious Maths comps in the State (might I remind you, due to a fluke). She just never let me know, that's all. Since she never said anything beyond 'that primary school kid spoke way better than you did' about the event, I just assumed she didn't bother. Oh well.

On top of that, she's coming to the piano recital Gaby's having for all her students. And those taking exams have to play, regardless of broken limbs and amnesia. She didn't say that. She just said it was compulsory. I guess I'll just have to tolerate the snide comments that the 6 year old kid played way better than I did. Big deal.

I'm worried about said recital. Esp my mum... I wonder what's going to happen when she and Gaby meet (I'm crossing my fingers and hoping neither party bitches about me. I'm pretty sure Gaby won't, but my mum...). I hope the 'she-will-be-a-lawyer' topic won't come up. I think I'd dunk my head in the fruit punch bowl (if there's one) like an ostrich and drown myself.

Yawn. I'm too tired to think. Probably why this post has just been a bunch of nonsensical rantings that no one will read.

10:50 PM