![]() |
|
|
Disclaimer The reader accepts, on reading of this disclaimer, that the Internet is a vast wasteland of crap that spews out of human minds. This blog is no different. Any assumptions or conclusions that the reader draws from this blog are not the responsibility of the author, along with any physical or psychological harm that might result from the reading of this blog. Author The author is a paranoid, deranged and cynical misanthrope who records snippets of her life so that she will remember them when she grows old and withered. The identities of any names or initials on this blog are based on the assumptions of the reader unless otherwise specified, and the author claims no responsibility for them. Reality The author somehow got into medical school. Yes, you of the general public, shudder and fear the wrath of an inept doctor. Loves Reading, Maisy (my dog), tea, writing (albeit badly), piano, music, junk food. Hates Almost everything else besides the things mentioned above. Friends Bao Cheng' Bernice' Chien Young' Chun Hing' Claire' Faustina' Felicia' Ferly' Gloria' Irene' Irene & Jiaying' Jac' Jiamin' Jiasin' Jiaying' Lutheng' Karene' Marissa' Melesa' Mingyi' My fictionpress' Pamelia' Pei Rong' Qiu Ting' Rachel' Satires Site' Stasia' Sylvia' The Clique' Vinette' Wenjia' Xin Rong' Xue Ying' Yanne & I' Yanne & Jamie' Zeena' 203' Archives Chat area |
Saturday, March 24, 2007
Sorry for an eternity of not posting... I'm sure everyone must have been dying to read a new post right? Let me explain the inactivity: Friday before the one that just passed: Hist and chem test Monday: Physics test and hist (oral, which was supposed to be due on mon, but I was scheduled for wed) Tues: Lit was supposed to be due, but being an oral presentation, it was due on Fri (scheduled) Wed: Maths assignment test (intro calculus), hist presentation Thurs: Maths assignment test (geom and trig) Fri: Lit presentation, nerd night (this Maths competition called 'have sum fun') Nerd night was actually quite fun :). Well, besides the fact that we came 4th as we lost by ONE mark (GAH). At least we did better than the other team. We got free pie for lunch as a bribe... Except I'm not a great fan of pie and I didn't eat more than 1/20 of it. Ohoh, on Fri, we got our hist assessments back. In my essay (in class), I got so tired of scribbling, I actually said television CHANGED in terms of cultural context when television wasn't technically invented (meaning patented/widespread) till the 1940s. What I meant was FILMS. So in his comments, my teacher told me to get my facts right. I was asking him what his comments were (his handwriting's quite atrocious), and he was reading them out... So when he got to the end which was about the television thing, he was like 'you know, you should get a detention for saying television was invented in the 1920s. But I'm not going to publicly humiliate you'. And my first reaction was 'you mean it was invented before that?!' Thank God I didn't say it out, or I would probably have been publicly humiliated. I didn't do that bad: 20.5/25. Yes, stop glaring at me. Anyway, I GOT A DOG TODAY :). It's a maltese crossbreed, and her name's Maisy (what her previous owner called her anyway). Her owner was going to Queensland, so yeah... She's so cute :). I should post pics some time (when I take them), but I don't think I'd be too happy if on my first day, some person used some weird thing to 'look' at me... My mum thought she was mute as she didn't bark the whole day. But, when I took her to see the neighbour's dog (Geoff: he's a really 'nice' dog, though he looks very fierce and quite large, compared to Maisy anyway), she started barking and growling at him. And they nearly fought. Quite surprisingly, given how Geoff is usually very friendly... Probably because Maisy pissed him off by growling at him. Can't blame either of them... Maisy's new, and Geoff probably got pissed because he was trying to be nice but it didn't help. Why am I even trying to analyse dogs' actions? Before I forget, GOOD LUCK TO ALL WHO'RE GOING FOR SYF! And I swear the teachers are in cahoots as to when to set tests and assignments. I had 4 assignments and a test this week. Next week, I've got NONE. The week after, I've got 4 tests and an assignment, and it's only a 3 day week, it being the last week of school (Thurs' arts festival [lame thing], and Fri's Good Fri). Man. It's going to be a hell of a week the week after... I'm not exactly worried about my Intro Calculus, Chem, Hist or Lit ass... The one that's most worrying's the Geom and Trig. I blank out during the test. Hist: I could get 60% and still get above the class avg (since my avg's 84% now). Lit can be done next week, chem's revision. Intro calc is relatively easy (differentiation). Geom and trig is... *cough* Vectors, surds, earth geometry... Vectors are worrying. I can cope with the easy ones (the ones in the txtbk, but not those that require a huge load of thinking). Surds are fine. Earth geom: I nvr did it officially in class, but it's relatively easy (for one of them [latitude I think], you just throw a cos something in front). Vectors are worrying. Gah. I'm tired :(. And my right eye's so itchy... Oh, and my dog looks like it's suffering from malnutrition and fleas :(. The previous owner didn't have much time I guess. Quite sad :(. 10:26 PM
|