![]() |
|
|
Disclaimer The reader accepts, on reading of this disclaimer, that the Internet is a vast wasteland of crap that spews out of human minds. This blog is no different. Any assumptions or conclusions that the reader draws from this blog are not the responsibility of the author, along with any physical or psychological harm that might result from the reading of this blog. Author The author is a paranoid, deranged and cynical misanthrope who records snippets of her life so that she will remember them when she grows old and withered. The identities of any names or initials on this blog are based on the assumptions of the reader unless otherwise specified, and the author claims no responsibility for them. Reality The author somehow got into medical school. Yes, you of the general public, shudder and fear the wrath of an inept doctor. Loves Reading, Maisy (my dog), tea, writing (albeit badly), piano, music, junk food. Hates Almost everything else besides the things mentioned above. Friends Bao Cheng' Bernice' Chien Young' Chun Hing' Claire' Faustina' Felicia' Ferly' Gloria' Irene' Irene & Jiaying' Jac' Jiamin' Jiasin' Jiaying' Lutheng' Karene' Marissa' Melesa' Mingyi' My fictionpress' Pamelia' Pei Rong' Qiu Ting' Rachel' Satires Site' Stasia' Sylvia' The Clique' Vinette' Wenjia' Xin Rong' Xue Ying' Yanne & I' Yanne & Jamie' Zeena' 203' Archives Chat area |
Wednesday, February 28, 2007
I must say I'm in quite a pleasant mood at the moment... I TOPPED MY CLASS IN HISTORY. MEANING THE WHOLE LEVEL BECAUSE THERE'S ONLY ONE HISTORY CLASS. Muahahaha... Just had to boost my ego. I really was quite surprised. The teacher said the top mark was 17, and I immediately thought of this really talkative girl who won the scholarship last year (meaning the school gave her 3k to study at the school, though she had to fork out the remaining 10k odd) got it. So I was just like 'shit...' because the teacher said it wasn't very well done, and anyone getting above 12 should be happy. And my paper was like 3rd last, so I was really nervous. Turned out I did relatively well, though I could have gotten at least 18.5 if I had read the last ques correctly :(. That's what the teacher said too. Was kind of pissed when we got back our physics tests back the lesson right before that though. I mean, I got about 12 marks above the avg, but the $^&*(()) new teacher DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO MARK PAPERS. She gave my friend 2 marks for the same mistake I made, another friend 0.5 for the SAME MISTAKE, and me? 1 mark. So she gave the break down of the marks being that the object at the right spot and right height 2 mark, and the 2 rays 2 marks. Now, anyone looking at the last statement and who's in a right state of mind would logically give a mark each for each ray. She didn't. I got the first 2 right. And so she only gave me 2 marks in the end. I was like wtfcfcbbq! Another mark would have gotten me closer to my 80% (missed by 4%). So I got 38/50. The class didn't do too well, though it was the best out of the 3 classes. Highest was 44/50. Avg? 26.something. I know I shouldn't be lamenting since I got one of the highest in the class... But THE FRIGGING TEACHER IS A CHEM TEACHER AND DOESN'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL SHE'S DOING. And she had the AUDACITY AND CHEEK TO SAY THAT SHE TAUGHT PHYSICS FOR 10 YEARS. That shouldn't be too bad right? Except that she taught that 13 YEARS AGO. YES, THIRTEEN. Tell me if I should be pissed when I'm paying $14k a year to get such a crap teacher. She is so RUSTY on her stuff, and she DARES say so. Urrgh. Chem test: got it yesterday. Missed the top mark by 4 marks :(. 33/40, and thus, top mark was 37. Avg was about 29/40, so yes, I'm above avg again, so I should just shut up and be pleased. Lit hasn't come back, had the introductory calculus test today (which was really quite easy, it being an investigation and thus being similar to the assignment). So I guess all the tests have been quite good, except the GEOM AND TRIG ONE. I only got a measly 57% as I'd mentioned (27/48)? Kind of disappointing. Makes me want to quit it, but I can't take any other subject along that time slot. Shit. I'm becoming so marks-orientated. Probably because I really wanna beat my brother at something, and spit in his face after all the years he's been laughing over that measly 6 marks in the PSLE. Such crap aside, we get a long break from Friday to Tues (meaning school starts again on Tues)! Friday's a mid-term break, while Monday's Labour day here, so yeah :). And Natan, if you're reading this, DAY LIGHT SAVINGS ENDS ON THE 3RD OF MARCH! Yes! An 'hour later' to get to school. Doesn't really make sense, since well... The clocks go back to being the same as in Sg! Oh yes, I did promise pics of my cookies? Here they are :): 1st batch, which were kind of burnt (I ended up giving them to my Aussie friend): ![]() ![]() The 2nd batch, which turned out so good, out of the 17 humungous ones I made (too lazy to make them smaller), 4 were gone by the next morning! (made them in the evening) ![]() Sadly, none while I was making those. Didn't want to get distracted. And I did think I promised some pics of the fishing trip we had. Here they are! ![]() Poor lonely crab... ![]() Shrimp: Kind of small. Notice the little ikan bilis in there? I'm proud to say I caught those. And a prawn alone :). The rest were caught with the gestapo. ![]() The infamous octopus that was blind because the gestapo spotted it while we were going home, and he adamantly pursued it till it landed in his net. Poor thing... I felt really sorry for it... ![]() Though I must admit, it was delicious with Kikoman's special soya sauce :). That's all! Hope it was a nice change from the usual dreary rants. 8:59 PM
|