![]() |
|
|
Disclaimer The reader accepts, on reading of this disclaimer, that the Internet is a vast wasteland of crap that spews out of human minds. This blog is no different. Any assumptions or conclusions that the reader draws from this blog are not the responsibility of the author, along with any physical or psychological harm that might result from the reading of this blog. Author The author is a paranoid, deranged and cynical misanthrope who records snippets of her life so that she will remember them when she grows old and withered. The identities of any names or initials on this blog are based on the assumptions of the reader unless otherwise specified, and the author claims no responsibility for them. Reality The author somehow got into medical school. Yes, you of the general public, shudder and fear the wrath of an inept doctor. Loves Reading, Maisy (my dog), tea, writing (albeit badly), piano, music, junk food. Hates Almost everything else besides the things mentioned above. Friends Bao Cheng' Bernice' Chien Young' Chun Hing' Claire' Faustina' Felicia' Ferly' Gloria' Irene' Irene & Jiaying' Jac' Jiamin' Jiasin' Jiaying' Lutheng' Karene' Marissa' Melesa' Mingyi' My fictionpress' Pamelia' Pei Rong' Qiu Ting' Rachel' Satires Site' Stasia' Sylvia' The Clique' Vinette' Wenjia' Xin Rong' Xue Ying' Yanne & I' Yanne & Jamie' Zeena' 203' Archives Chat area |
Monday, December 18, 2006
A year has gone by since I last saw practically all my friends (I wouldn't call the people here friends. They're more like acquaintances, the kind you wouldn't keep for life: none of them know I have a blog). A year: It's enough for so much to happen. And yet, when we look back on history, we go 'the 2nd world war was relatively short; it was just 3 years'. It's strange how we see things from different perspectives. It seems like ages since I saw all of you... And it's gonna be eons till I get back there again. I miss the times we just sat at Kino or Borders and chatted, or talked over a meal at a fast food joint. None of this happens here: for obvious reasons, I can't find anyone who's in a similar world here. It's almost like your classic American teen movies with the nerds, plastics etc. And as much as I hate it, I'm classified as a nerd, as probably anyone with a PSLE aggregate of 260 and above would be. Sad, but true. Sounds a bit ad hominem, as the fault is probably me for being the bloody asshole I usually am. Oh the irony, the irony. Might blog more tomorrow, but I'm so bloody tired now. Aussieland moved the clocks an hour earlier (daylight savings) because the sun rises an hour earlier in summer. Couldn't they look at it that it set an hour later? 10:28 PM
|