![]() |
|
|
Disclaimer The reader accepts, on reading of this disclaimer, that the Internet is a vast wasteland of crap that spews out of human minds. This blog is no different. Any assumptions or conclusions that the reader draws from this blog are not the responsibility of the author, along with any physical or psychological harm that might result from the reading of this blog. Author The author is a paranoid, deranged and cynical misanthrope who records snippets of her life so that she will remember them when she grows old and withered. The identities of any names or initials on this blog are based on the assumptions of the reader unless otherwise specified, and the author claims no responsibility for them. Reality The author somehow got into medical school. Yes, you of the general public, shudder and fear the wrath of an inept doctor. Loves Reading, Maisy (my dog), tea, writing (albeit badly), piano, music, junk food. Hates Almost everything else besides the things mentioned above. Friends Bao Cheng' Bernice' Chien Young' Chun Hing' Claire' Faustina' Felicia' Ferly' Gloria' Irene' Irene & Jiaying' Jac' Jiamin' Jiasin' Jiaying' Lutheng' Karene' Marissa' Melesa' Mingyi' My fictionpress' Pamelia' Pei Rong' Qiu Ting' Rachel' Satires Site' Stasia' Sylvia' The Clique' Vinette' Wenjia' Xin Rong' Xue Ying' Yanne & I' Yanne & Jamie' Zeena' 203' Archives Chat area |
Monday, November 20, 2006
This weekend's been hell. Total hell. My brother got into a car crash when he and his friend were off somewhere 12 hours away on a holiday (post-exam thing). His friend got off with nothing much, but he isn't very well... Got a few stitches on the head, stiff neck, scratches. The car crashed into the bushes and is practically gone. So everyone's been focusing on him. No one even cares that I got an award, and I doubt they'll care even if I told them what I got for my piano exam. Not that I should be angry. He was in a car crash. But honestly, I'm willing to get into a car crash and see if they'll be as concerned about me. Then my mum's been promoting the family spirit thing for Christmas. Meaning that she wants me to stay here for the holidays. I just felt like screaming at her 'NO DAMNED WAY'. I mean, I've been waiting for this the whole bloody year. It's almost been my pillar of strength. And now... What's this about family anyway? They aren't even going to celebrate my birthday. I haven't had any special celebrations on my birthday in YEARS. No gifts, special decorations. NOTHING. And now, it's all the focus on my brother. I reckon I have the right to be jealous. In fact, (despite feeling quite ashamed about this) I felt a little part of me curl up into a smirk when I heard about the car crash. I even started explaining Newton's First Law of Motion to them (though it wasn't much appreciated). To be honest, I'll be ignored even if I stay here. So what's the difference if I'm here or not? The whole year I've been counting down. And yet, now I wonder if it will even happen at all. It's just the severe disappointment and shock I guess. 9:34 PM
|