![]() |
|
|
Disclaimer The reader accepts, on reading of this disclaimer, that the Internet is a vast wasteland of crap that spews out of human minds. This blog is no different. Any assumptions or conclusions that the reader draws from this blog are not the responsibility of the author, along with any physical or psychological harm that might result from the reading of this blog. Author The author is a paranoid, deranged and cynical misanthrope who records snippets of her life so that she will remember them when she grows old and withered. The identities of any names or initials on this blog are based on the assumptions of the reader unless otherwise specified, and the author claims no responsibility for them. Reality The author somehow got into medical school. Yes, you of the general public, shudder and fear the wrath of an inept doctor. Loves Reading, Maisy (my dog), tea, writing (albeit badly), piano, music, junk food. Hates Almost everything else besides the things mentioned above. Friends Bao Cheng' Bernice' Chien Young' Chun Hing' Claire' Faustina' Felicia' Ferly' Gloria' Irene' Irene & Jiaying' Jac' Jiamin' Jiasin' Jiaying' Lutheng' Karene' Marissa' Melesa' Mingyi' My fictionpress' Pamelia' Pei Rong' Qiu Ting' Rachel' Satires Site' Stasia' Sylvia' The Clique' Vinette' Wenjia' Xin Rong' Xue Ying' Yanne & I' Yanne & Jamie' Zeena' 203' Archives Chat area |
Thursday, November 23, 2006
I've had about a week to keep my peace, so now here're my thoughts. It just frightens me how I could be coming back from a Maths class and somewhere about 3 hours away, my brother could be on the brink of death. And how many children are dying in Africa, while the Americans are spending billions on a useless cause (aka the Iraq war). I guess many events can take place at a certain point in time. How many other people are typing on similar pages like this? How many are thinking the thoughts I am thinking of? It's fascinating and scary at the same time. As usual, the fear of the unknown. Another issue's that I'm probably not going back to Singapore this hols. It's not like I have a choice. We're moving house in a week's time, and there's a whole heap of stuff to be done. What more, the only tickets available (fine... I checked this 3 weeks ago) are/were on Christmas, which means that you guys would be starting school in about a week anyway. So I figured there wasn't much of a point going back. I guess I could cry my heart and soul out over this, but I still wouldn't be able to return any way. Tears aren't going to build a river back to Singapore for me. Nevertheless, it doesn't stop it hurting. I've been waiting the whole year. And yet, just in a few days, all the hope's gone. It hurts so much I can't even put a true emotion or any real words to it, but all I know is that it wouldn't help anyway. It just matters too much. Or mattered, for the matter of fact. Time will heal my wounds I hope. Patience is always the key to man's treasure chest (pun). For now, I might go on a hiatus. Depends on how I'll be feeling in the next couple of days. Anyway, that aside, today's been weird. Nothing much was done, but what was done was quite special. First thing in the morning, the head of Religious Education approached me if I wanted to play the piano during the end of year mass for our year group next week. Not that I could decline. English: We're doing documentries, meaning that we get to make one. Everyone's doing one criticizing the school. I've gotten over that long ago, because no one would understand where I'm coming from anyway. Frogs in wells... So I ended up reading Shadow of the Hegemon (2nd book of the Ender's shadow series), and was enjoying it till my teacher realised I wasn't doing the work. Not that she really minded. She just said that our group had to finish our plans before I could get back to reading. If we did, I could get to read. I finished half of the plans in 10 minutes. Surprise surprise, my other 2 group members had only done ONE frame in 2 lessons. Music was probably the best. We were just relaxing... No one bothered doing their speeches on their subjects today (I'm doing classical music in modern movies). I just saw a totally different view of my teacher. He seemed so lonely and out-of-place in the school. He was sitting on the desk, dangling his legs and staring off into space. Strange... Then he asked me if I wanted to play one of the 2 piano parts in some Latin opera-ish thing they were doing next year. And I made him more depressed by saying that I was probably leaving the school. Changing schools: We met up with the principal yesterday. She didn't seem too friendly... Probably because mum and I mistook her for a CLERK/SECRETARY. I feel like a frog leaving the well. If I stayed in my present school, I'll be their prize specimen; winner of a whole heap of awards, leadership roles (got offered a few). However, what's the point of being given the gift of sight if I were just a frog in the well? It's strange. I actually feel quite sad leaving the school. Imagine what it's done to my ego. 9:40 PM
|