Disclaimer

The reader accepts, on reading of this disclaimer, that the Internet is a vast wasteland of crap that spews out of human minds. This blog is no different. Any assumptions or conclusions that the reader draws from this blog are not the responsibility of the author, along with any physical or psychological harm that might result from the reading of this blog.

Author

The author is a paranoid, deranged and cynical misanthrope who records snippets of her life so that she will remember them when she grows old and withered. The identities of any names or initials on this blog are based on the assumptions of the reader unless otherwise specified, and the author claims no responsibility for them.

Reality

The author somehow got into medical school. Yes, you of the general public, shudder and fear the wrath of an inept doctor.

Loves

Reading, Maisy (my dog), tea, writing (albeit badly), piano, music, junk food.

Hates

Almost everything else besides the things mentioned above.

Friends

Bao Cheng' Bernice' Chien Young' Chun Hing' Claire' Faustina' Felicia' Ferly' Gloria' Irene' Irene & Jiaying' Jac' Jiamin' Jiasin' Jiaying' Lutheng' Karene' Marissa' Melesa' Mingyi' My fictionpress' Pamelia' Pei Rong' Qiu Ting' Rachel' Satires Site' Stasia' Sylvia' The Clique' Vinette' Wenjia' Xin Rong' Xue Ying' Yanne & I' Yanne & Jamie' Zeena' 203'

Archives

03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004 10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004 01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005 02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005 03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005 04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005 05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005 06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005 07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005 08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005 09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005 10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005 11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006 02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006 03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006 04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006 05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006 06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006 07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006 08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006 09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006 10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006 11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006 12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007 01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007 02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007 03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007 04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007 06/01/2007 - 07/01/2007 07/01/2007 - 08/01/2007 08/01/2007 - 09/01/2007 09/01/2007 - 10/01/2007 10/01/2007 - 11/01/2007 11/01/2007 - 12/01/2007 12/01/2007 - 01/01/2008 01/01/2008 - 02/01/2008 02/01/2008 - 03/01/2008 03/01/2008 - 04/01/2008 04/01/2008 - 05/01/2008 05/01/2008 - 06/01/2008 06/01/2008 - 07/01/2008 07/01/2008 - 08/01/2008 08/01/2008 - 09/01/2008 09/01/2008 - 10/01/2008 10/01/2008 - 11/01/2008 11/01/2008 - 12/01/2008 12/01/2008 - 01/01/2009 01/01/2009 - 02/01/2009 02/01/2009 - 03/01/2009 03/01/2009 - 04/01/2009 04/01/2009 - 05/01/2009 05/01/2009 - 06/01/2009 06/01/2009 - 07/01/2009 07/01/2009 - 08/01/2009 08/01/2009 - 09/01/2009 09/01/2009 - 10/01/2009 12/01/2009 - 01/01/2010 08/01/2010 - 09/01/2010 12/01/2010 - 01/01/2011 06/01/2011 - 07/01/2011 04/01/2012 - 05/01/2012 08/01/2012 - 09/01/2012 09/01/2012 - 10/01/2012 10/01/2012 - 11/01/2012 11/01/2012 - 12/01/2012 12/01/2012 - 01/01/2013 01/01/2013 - 02/01/2013 02/01/2013 - 03/01/2013 03/01/2013 - 04/01/2013 04/01/2013 - 05/01/2013 05/01/2013 - 06/01/2013 06/01/2013 - 07/01/2013 07/01/2013 - 08/01/2013 11/01/2013 - 12/01/2013 12/01/2013 - 01/01/2014 02/01/2014 - 03/01/2014 03/01/2014 - 04/01/2014 05/01/2014 - 06/01/2014

Chat area


Saturday, March 18, 2006

Personality test!

Go see that! I found that web off the net (we're doing personality cr*p for psychology. We touched on that in class already) and it's pretty cool :).

My mom's watching Iron Chef, this Japanese cooking show that features 3 chefs in stupid uniforms that cause them to sweat so much, the sweat in turn goes into the food and possibly incurs tons of medical fees (from diarrhoea). I also pity the people who wash the guys' clothes...

Also, my mom decided in a flourish to try Just Juice's 'Apple and Passion Fruit Juice' (actually, it was a unanimous decision between her and I) since it was the last bottle of Just Juice on the shelf. It tastes quite good actually...

Last night's performance was quite alright... Only about 10 people performed. The duet was quite good actually (better than the practices, in my opinion), but my solo was rather trashy. I ended on the wrong note when it was supposed to give a 'suspended' feeling. Gave it more of a 'crashed on the wrong party, oops' feeling though. It was definitely much worse than practice, but after all, I've only had about a lesson to prepare it: On the day itself. Also, when I was in the last bar (the crash note part), someone crept up behind and told me it was too soft. Not my fault: The piano's even older than me (17 year-old trash). The shock of someone creeping up probably made me press the wrong key, but it's my fault. Anyway, the music director said I did well, so who cares?

My mom didn't bother going in; she merely dropped me off and went home. Other people had aunties, grandmas, brothers, mothers etc there, but me? No one. Somehow, I was actually quite glad. At least it was over there and then, and I wouldn't need to face any ridiculing at home like 'haha, you did so badly, you should just have cracked your cranium on the piano and died of mortification'. But deep within me, I know that wasn't the case... Ollie was there with Melissa and Dawn played too, which was pretty cool, since there were only about 3 pianists (pathetic, I know). Dawn was pretty good! (better than me at least)

Maths today at the university was plain trash. I should have picked sleeping in over going for it, since the tables there aren't as comfy as my pillow and mattress. I didn't get a single thing the person said, and I suppose it's my fault for being a stupid ar*e. What a waste of $50...

The lecturer's handwriting was ant-size. Termites, for the matter, since he was writing in WHITE CHALK. When he erased it with the probably decade-old duster, the room felt like it had just been thrown into a fog. Some people ended up coughing and sneezing incessantly. I'd really recommend for smokers to stay away, since the cilia in their nose has been burnt away by tar or something and there's nothing to filter the chalk dust out... They'll drown in chalk dust. Literally.

I know the last paragraph was rather random, but it's merely synthesizing, as dear Ng would say. We're doing stuff on smokers in Biology. I really wonder if the teachers know how to classify their subjects... Smoking should be studied in health ed, and video clips should be watched at home, not during English. Maybe the video clips part is fine, but what's the point of watching clips and not analyzing them?!

Music's fun, excluding the mountain loads of homework (compositions). Amazingly, I scrape off with pretty good comments despite handing in 10 minute cr*p. Lately, we've been studying Handel's Messiah, which is extremely long. Listened to 3 parts only, and the class was ready to snooze off. I don't exactly like Handel (fat old guy who loves composing majestic sounding structured stuff). Prefer Beethoven, Chopin, Gershwin, Tchaikovsky etc... Mozart's overrated. And I read in this book that Beethoven had a higher IQ than Mozart. Wonder what Mozart would say about that... (Mozart: IQ tests are overrated!)

That was random. One more thing to add before I go off: Chapter 11 may possibly be late again due to the many datelines the author has. I know it's sad, but the author's only started on the first line so far. Shall go off and attempt finishing it now.

8:37 PM