![]() |
|
|
Disclaimer The reader accepts, on reading of this disclaimer, that the Internet is a vast wasteland of crap that spews out of human minds. This blog is no different. Any assumptions or conclusions that the reader draws from this blog are not the responsibility of the author, along with any physical or psychological harm that might result from the reading of this blog. Author The author is a paranoid, deranged and cynical misanthrope who records snippets of her life so that she will remember them when she grows old and withered. The identities of any names or initials on this blog are based on the assumptions of the reader unless otherwise specified, and the author claims no responsibility for them. Reality The author somehow got into medical school. Yes, you of the general public, shudder and fear the wrath of an inept doctor. Loves Reading, Maisy (my dog), tea, writing (albeit badly), piano, music, junk food. Hates Almost everything else besides the things mentioned above. Friends Bao Cheng' Bernice' Chien Young' Chun Hing' Claire' Faustina' Felicia' Ferly' Gloria' Irene' Irene & Jiaying' Jac' Jiamin' Jiasin' Jiaying' Lutheng' Karene' Marissa' Melesa' Mingyi' My fictionpress' Pamelia' Pei Rong' Qiu Ting' Rachel' Satires Site' Stasia' Sylvia' The Clique' Vinette' Wenjia' Xin Rong' Xue Ying' Yanne & I' Yanne & Jamie' Zeena' 203' Archives Chat area |
Wednesday, March 01, 2006
As today's Ash Wednesday, my mom and brother went to mass at 7PM. I was spared the butt-aching agony of an hour of pure sitting down as I had mass in school this morning. It was really boring, but what's new? The singers nearly made us deaf though... So while they were out, the completely insane notion of attempting to cook the bubble tea pearls I bought recently popped up in my pea brain. I got the pot, filled it with tap water, and left it to boil. After 4 minutes, it still didn't look like anything'd happened, so I turned it to maximum, and the thing started sputtering for no reason (not the water, but the fire). Obviously, I didn't want to die of a gas explosion or something, so I turned it to minimum. 10 minutes: Nothing. I came back and asked Pam (who fortunately was online) how you tell when water's boiling, and she said when it was bubbling. I'm sure even a small kid knows that, but my knowledge in the field of cooking's worse than a small kid's. So I fiddled around, turning the fire up and down when I deemed fit, and finally -alleuia- the water boiled! Rejoice! So I happily emptied the packet and timed it. The packet said to wait for 6-8 minutes, so I went back after 8 minutes to try a pearl. Result: It was totally inedible. As in, at 8 minutes. So I waited till about 15 minutes later, and fortunately, it was quite good then. *phew* Good thing: I didn't burn the house down since it's the first time I was cooking alone. Bad thing: We're all probably going to get bad diarrhoea tomorrow. I'm totally drained out now. Shall go to bed now. Night! Replies to tags: Irene: Yeah... Both the teachers are horrid though. Fortunately, it's only for half a year. *phew* I didn't want to take these subjects (more specifically, economics), but the other choices were even more unappealing... (eg: Food technology. Using the above example, any teacher would throw up blood after tasting my food) Zeena: As afore mentioned, the teachers are horrid. Singapore's temp is only 34 at most... The up side here is that it's not humid, as you'd mentioned... And yes, I'm glad you know you're insane too. Kidding... I hate the fact that the temps are bloody extreme here, so on some days, it can be sweltering hot, and on others, you freeze your arse off... I'm really exhausted now, though feeling rather frustrated (ironic, I know). Sadly, I left my piano scores in my locker *sobs*. Beethoven, why hath thou forsaken me? 10:15 PM
|