![]() |
|
|
Disclaimer The reader accepts, on reading of this disclaimer, that the Internet is a vast wasteland of crap that spews out of human minds. This blog is no different. Any assumptions or conclusions that the reader draws from this blog are not the responsibility of the author, along with any physical or psychological harm that might result from the reading of this blog. Author The author is a paranoid, deranged and cynical misanthrope who records snippets of her life so that she will remember them when she grows old and withered. The identities of any names or initials on this blog are based on the assumptions of the reader unless otherwise specified, and the author claims no responsibility for them. Reality The author somehow got into medical school. Yes, you of the general public, shudder and fear the wrath of an inept doctor. Loves Reading, Maisy (my dog), tea, writing (albeit badly), piano, music, junk food. Hates Almost everything else besides the things mentioned above. Friends Bao Cheng' Bernice' Chien Young' Chun Hing' Claire' Faustina' Felicia' Ferly' Gloria' Irene' Irene & Jiaying' Jac' Jiamin' Jiasin' Jiaying' Lutheng' Karene' Marissa' Melesa' Mingyi' My fictionpress' Pamelia' Pei Rong' Qiu Ting' Rachel' Satires Site' Stasia' Sylvia' The Clique' Vinette' Wenjia' Xin Rong' Xue Ying' Yanne & I' Yanne & Jamie' Zeena' 203' Archives Chat area |
Tuesday, January 31, 2006
YANNE LOVES YCY! (alliteration) That was utterly random. Anyway, there was a riot at my home this afternoon, when I was supposed to resume my job as nanny but foresaked it. There were FOUR kids on our metal swing (though they seemed to be more like in Brokeback Mountain: cowboys on bulls) and they were shouting as though they were in 'The War of the Worlds'. I couldn't stand it and ran upstairs to cowardly stick my head (actually neck, since I'm a headless chicken) into the wooden floor of my room, then into the shower. Even with the running water, I could still hear those kids fight it out to be the one with the most powerful lungs. Good Lord. And their parents (especially mom) are those 'I am not welcomed here but who cares?' kind of relatives. I got rather irritated by the incessant questionings of the mom. Examples: A) Woman: Why are you so tanned? Been swimming or surfing? Me: Uh... Swimming. (A downright lie, since I haven't swum for about 3 years before going with Sera in Dec) B) Kaepoh ah-soh (rhymes): What school were you from? (Before I could answer) Ahsoh: Chij? Male ahsoh: You were from the primary school right? Me: Yes, but I went to Nanyang... Both: Wow... Nanyang (you could hear the wistful echoes of that holy word around the room) Ahsoh: Who's the principal of Ij primary? Me: (incredulous look sprawled on face) Mrs Magdalene Bheem. Her: Bing (or something like that?)? Chinese name? *me trying hard not to laugh* Me: *reasonably straight face* No... Bheem. Her: B-H-E-E-M *moves index finger around in air). Why's her name so weird? Me: *how would I know look* I don't know... I think she has an American husband (just made some bullshit up). Amusing and exasperating, ain't it? Apparently I wasn't the only one rather agitated, for my mom made some stupid excuse that we were going to our gran's place (it was 3 pm on a glorious afternoon, and we were due at gran's place for DINNER) and that really sorry, *ultra sweet voice and mega walt smile* you have to go now. I was busy mouthing 'good riddance' and prancing up and down upstairs. I paid for my sin by nearly slipping on the wet bathroom floor. Waited for my parents and brother to shower and dress up, then we went to my grandaunt's house. Poor woman was alone at home with her maid. I must say that the mugs she served us in were rather adorable though (assorted disney patterns). Dinner at my gran's house proved to be more than dinner but a feast, though practically everything was fried: Stir fried veg (FRIED. Fine... But I didn't really get to taste it for it was at the far end of the table. Sad.), chicken nuggets, prawn fritters, fried vermicelli, steamed and deep fried fish and good ol' soup. Also, for tradition's sake, we tried the yusheng thingum. Was quite alright... Thus, dinner was both a mix of the East and the West. My gran and aunt really wanted my brother and I to put on more weight (my brother can: he's 1.78 and only 40+kg. I CANT.) for they packed us off with the extra nuggets and prawns. We played a little cards, and I won $2 while my brother won $10. Damn. It was more for the fun of it, for we only bet an average of 50cents (yes, yes. *nods head sagely*). I'm rather tired now... Shall go for a bath, and tomorrow I'm going out with the clique (meaning yanne and Jiasin)! I don't know if I should blow my remaining money on a new bag, for my other one's (von dutch) wearing out... Arrgh. And I really need a bigger bag for stuff that I've to bring around (foldable umbrella, water bottle, at times a jacket, pen, paper etc). Damn... And I'm currently wondering if I should post chapter 6 yet, or make you all wait in nervous anticipation, gripping onto the handles of your chairs till your eyes pop out and your knuckles turn white. *evil laugh* I'm 10:16 PM
|