![]() |
|
|
Disclaimer The reader accepts, on reading of this disclaimer, that the Internet is a vast wasteland of crap that spews out of human minds. This blog is no different. Any assumptions or conclusions that the reader draws from this blog are not the responsibility of the author, along with any physical or psychological harm that might result from the reading of this blog. Author The author is a paranoid, deranged and cynical misanthrope who records snippets of her life so that she will remember them when she grows old and withered. The identities of any names or initials on this blog are based on the assumptions of the reader unless otherwise specified, and the author claims no responsibility for them. Reality The author somehow got into medical school. Yes, you of the general public, shudder and fear the wrath of an inept doctor. Loves Reading, Maisy (my dog), tea, writing (albeit badly), piano, music, junk food. Hates Almost everything else besides the things mentioned above. Friends Bao Cheng' Bernice' Chien Young' Chun Hing' Claire' Faustina' Felicia' Ferly' Gloria' Irene' Irene & Jiaying' Jac' Jiamin' Jiasin' Jiaying' Lutheng' Karene' Marissa' Melesa' Mingyi' My fictionpress' Pamelia' Pei Rong' Qiu Ting' Rachel' Satires Site' Stasia' Sylvia' The Clique' Vinette' Wenjia' Xin Rong' Xue Ying' Yanne & I' Yanne & Jamie' Zeena' 203' Archives Chat area |
Sunday, January 29, 2006
Just an update on the day. My parents just had to drag me out of bed at 9AM when we'd slept at nearly 1AM last night. Are they trying to follow the monks' ways of only sleeping 8 hours a day to keep healthy and have long lives? So we made our way to church, me with a book hidden in my black and white von dutch bag and a packet of gummi bears to avoid being socially inept when we went to visit our relatives later. Well, fell asleep during the sermon (the priest sounded vaguely like pavarotti). We then went to my mom's friend's house somewhere in the East, then headed to my gran's (dad's side) home. It seemed like I didn't need a book for my aunt's mango tree was in full bloom and she set my brother and I to work climbing the tree for the riper mangoes. The tree was rather thin and tall, thus my brother being the more vertically blessed one climbed it. We only got about 3 mangoes and dropped tons of small ones. And my dad should seriously take lessons from Ms Chang: The mango kind of slipped between his hands (which are at least 5 cm wide each: yes, like King Kong's. After all, he was born in the year of the Monkey) when my brother dropped it just from above his head. Had lunch, then the SMALL KIDS STARTED POURING IN. It's not raining men but kids. Goodness knows why, they were exercising their powerful lungs by both shouting and throwing up (apparently one of them was sick: I hope it wasn't from motion sickness from sitting on our metal swing, but it's their own fault; they nearly made our poor swing overturn). Then they all decided to wipe their oily and stained hands on everything they could see: be it the switches on the fans, sliding doors, the sofa, the staircase etc. At least the forensics guys would be glad if there was a crime commited. Had dinner, then here I am! Blargh. I'm dead tired though... And my mom's gonna make me work again tomorrow. Packing of my afore mentioned closure prohibitive wardrobe. Damn... And my dad broke the record of greeting smses! He got about 15 at one shot, and the smses are still pouring in... I'm sure he's at least got 25 already. Grr. Apparently one of my relatives said that I'd put on a little weight and looked better. I was rather tempted to say that they were even more horizontally gifted than I was (there are quite a few bacholer/bacholerettes in the family), but they all seemed rather pissed for I didn't wanna get involved with their small talk and merely sat daydreaming, timing my 'umms', 'ahhs' and 'oks'. Practically everyone of them came and asked 'how's australia?' and all I said was 'ok', for what more is there to say? 'Oh, the school really stinks. The principal's drunk, the teachers are so lazy; they only sit there and snooze off everyday'. Right... And my gran kind of caught onto my line of 'the school over there's a waste of money', resulting in her proclaiming it to everyone. Talk about copyrights. And I must say that my mom would have to declare bankruptcy had I bothered to sue her for copyrights. She kept stealing the little witty remarks I made and proudly claiming them as her own. For example, my gran was drinking some alcohol, and this irritating cousin of mine asked if she was drunk. My gran then said that if she were, this cousin would be the first she would throttle up. I then muttered 'drunken fists' under my breath, and my mom then said it to everyone. Plagarism indeed. That's all I suppose. 9:30 PM
|