![]() |
|
|
Disclaimer The reader accepts, on reading of this disclaimer, that the Internet is a vast wasteland of crap that spews out of human minds. This blog is no different. Any assumptions or conclusions that the reader draws from this blog are not the responsibility of the author, along with any physical or psychological harm that might result from the reading of this blog. Author The author is a paranoid, deranged and cynical misanthrope who records snippets of her life so that she will remember them when she grows old and withered. The identities of any names or initials on this blog are based on the assumptions of the reader unless otherwise specified, and the author claims no responsibility for them. Reality The author somehow got into medical school. Yes, you of the general public, shudder and fear the wrath of an inept doctor. Loves Reading, Maisy (my dog), tea, writing (albeit badly), piano, music, junk food. Hates Almost everything else besides the things mentioned above. Friends Bao Cheng' Bernice' Chien Young' Chun Hing' Claire' Faustina' Felicia' Ferly' Gloria' Irene' Irene & Jiaying' Jac' Jiamin' Jiasin' Jiaying' Lutheng' Karene' Marissa' Melesa' Mingyi' My fictionpress' Pamelia' Pei Rong' Qiu Ting' Rachel' Satires Site' Stasia' Sylvia' The Clique' Vinette' Wenjia' Xin Rong' Xue Ying' Yanne & I' Yanne & Jamie' Zeena' 203' Archives Chat area |
Friday, December 23, 2005
My thoughts on Narnia: Besides Zeena's incessant proddings on 'what's going on?', 'when's aslan coming?', and even when I asked her to shut up and watch the movie, she prodded me and went 'sorry?'. Oh God... OK, Zeena aside, the movie itself was quite good... I didn't really feel much rising action: Of how Peter changed to become a warrior (it's supposed to be Narnian magic or something), how Susan became more or a LADY/ Cast was great (the Prince Charming from Shrek 2 [Rupert Everett] voiced the fox). Peter was quite handsome, but probably because we kept having to look at him, I thought Susan was pretty from the moment I saw the poster, Edmund was cute: Ugly but adorable, and Lucy I thought Aslan seemed rather faked: With the exception of his great head. Liam Neelson's voicings were great though: Really velvety and 'strong'. But Aslan's body seemed really faked, as it was that part that was computer-generated. The head was REAL: The producers did make Aslan's head. Some parts did make me jump though: The part when the wolves suddenly attacked, how the party of both humans and beavers ran from them, Santa in his sleigh being mistaken for the White Witch etc. I liked the fact that the Santa in the movie defied traditional images of a white bearded guy in a bright red hat lined with white fur, great coat and pants red again and lined with white fur, as well as a huge leather belt to attempt holding in his beer belly (incidentally, with my descriptions, we ought to hunt Santa down for cruelty to animals: Using animal goods for his clothes!). The transition between them and about 20 years later wasn't really good: Not many people who didn't read the book probably understood it, but I did. And so, I didn't really bother myself with the rest of them except Zeena, who kept prodding me and spoilt all the fun and excitement. Anti-climax! Maybe it was because of her grief that she didn't get to meet I don't think I'll be able to upload pictures anytime soon, for my computer doesn't have the required software to upload pictures, unless anyone is kind enough to allow me to try using their comp. My camera is a Sony, in case anyone has the same software... And Auntie Mui Eng's kids looked like they were going to Antartica instead of going to the movies, but of course, I wouldn't bother terrorizing them for it would be dramatic irony/tyranny. *snorts* Imagine me next to them. We would all meet our demise indeed. 11:42 AM
|