![]() |
|
|
Disclaimer The reader accepts, on reading of this disclaimer, that the Internet is a vast wasteland of crap that spews out of human minds. This blog is no different. Any assumptions or conclusions that the reader draws from this blog are not the responsibility of the author, along with any physical or psychological harm that might result from the reading of this blog. Author The author is a paranoid, deranged and cynical misanthrope who records snippets of her life so that she will remember them when she grows old and withered. The identities of any names or initials on this blog are based on the assumptions of the reader unless otherwise specified, and the author claims no responsibility for them. Reality The author somehow got into medical school. Yes, you of the general public, shudder and fear the wrath of an inept doctor. Loves Reading, Maisy (my dog), tea, writing (albeit badly), piano, music, junk food. Hates Almost everything else besides the things mentioned above. Friends Bao Cheng' Bernice' Chien Young' Chun Hing' Claire' Faustina' Felicia' Ferly' Gloria' Irene' Irene & Jiaying' Jac' Jiamin' Jiasin' Jiaying' Lutheng' Karene' Marissa' Melesa' Mingyi' My fictionpress' Pamelia' Pei Rong' Qiu Ting' Rachel' Satires Site' Stasia' Sylvia' The Clique' Vinette' Wenjia' Xin Rong' Xue Ying' Yanne & I' Yanne & Jamie' Zeena' 203' Archives Chat area |
Tuesday, November 15, 2005
Since people've had enough confidence in me to say in my testimonials and what-nots that I would be successful in my future endeavours, I've tried my hand at unleashing the inner ah-soh in me, and lo and behold, it worked like magic. First, when I'd finished with my daily dose of 'The Simpsons', I'd the weird image of those ah-sohs with bands around their heads pedalling on their exercise bikes like hamsters on wheels generating electricity (sorry for the warped analogy). Thus, I kicked off my slippers, got into my shoes (my mom's black leather-like shoes with orange insides. Suited the occassion like a hand in a glove, or a foot in a shoe), with enough energy managed to walk out, miraculously push the bicycle out without scratching my mom's red Toyota station wagon, kick the stand a few times, finally get it up, hop on the bike. What happened next would indeed be extremely entertaining: There's a hump-like metal bit at the gate of my house, and as the bike's front wheels happily went over it, so did I go over my bike. And I just had to land in some rosebush, with my mom's ah-soh shoe (left shoe) lying somewhere behind. My brother, who's obviously much taller than me, had gleefully decided to make the seat really high, and thus me, who's rather vertically inclined, couldn't get on it properly. *indignant snort* So I cycled around the whole neighbourhood, in an attempt to remove those post-natal -oops- just fats 'Matrix reloaded' on me. Sadly, I'm one of those poor minions without those 'whachamacallits' 'eye-pods' to stuff into my ears while cycling. And I'm glad I don't have those, for I would have smashed it along with my neck. Another event that was interesting was a car, which was parked directly in my path. Me, happily admiring the beautiful roses lining the houses in my neighbourhood, innocently neglected the big piece of brown rusted metal right in my path, and jammed on the break so suddenly, I literally flew off the seat. Fortunately didn't hurt myself much. I finally understand why those 'ah-sohs' would rather have stationary exercise bikes... (My mom has one!) A appetiser of 'Everybody loves Raymond' at 7, then at 7.30, came the long awaited 'The Simpsons Hour'. From 8.30 onwards, it's what those ah-sohs hang around 'Popular bookstore' for: Get their kids piles of assessment papers to do, after PSLE to only use them as Math formulae patterned toilet paper. Unfortunately, in my case, I had to prepare for an in-class essay on stereotypes. Now for the true ah-sohing on my part: On my present English teacher. During English today, the fact that I could use Beatrice and Ruth from 'Man in the moon marigolds' as the 'featured' stereotypical characters in my essay. Unfortunately, as I sent my little minion (called Beverly) on her way with my Caesar's box to the highly honoured 'Cleopatra' (Remember, Cleopatra was rumoured to be SHORT and FAT. Really apt... Was Cleopatra indian?), it was returned with a little message: I'd rather you stick to stories and novels than plays. You know, I wouldn't mind being a teacher if all day, all I had to do was "I'd rather you do this than that", "I'd rather you just sit and sleep in class than do something remotely constructive". Yes, yes, I know. How about using the sheep from Animal Farm? They're the most stereotypical I can find: They eat, sleep and bleat. Is that stereotypical enough? So after the 'showdown', I shook my balled-up fist at her, and I think she saw me doing so. I've only got 4 words to say: Don't know, Don't care. In the end, I used 'Catcher in the Rye', with the characters being Holden Caulfield and Mr Antolini, the angsty teen and life-changing teacher respectively. Was then ah-sohing with Sera about deserts, and about some people. Obviously, I'm in an extremely 'ah-soh-ish' mood today, as it is already apparent enough. At the same time, I was ah-sohing to Sars about 'Xiaxuay's' blog, of which I was expressing my inense disgust towards her, and Sars expressing the fact that people only visit 'Xiaxuay's' blog only because she's remotely pretty. I nearly threw my dinner of fried chicken wings, luncheon meat, rice and pineapple juice up at Sars' mere mention of that. I'm sure Ng would fail Sars for her essay due to the wrong word choice. So enough of this 'ah-soh' saga, I shall go off and furthur unleash the full potential of this inner ah-soh in me tomorrow when I return Zeena Tan's long awaited call. Sorry 'Zeen-ah-soh', was busy doing my preparation for the essay and ah-sohing today, not to mention having bike accidents apt for 'Just for Laughs' or 'World's funniest Home videos'. I promise I'll call you tomorrow! 10:46 PM
|