Disclaimer

The reader accepts, on reading of this disclaimer, that the Internet is a vast wasteland of crap that spews out of human minds. This blog is no different. Any assumptions or conclusions that the reader draws from this blog are not the responsibility of the author, along with any physical or psychological harm that might result from the reading of this blog.

Author

The author is a paranoid, deranged and cynical misanthrope who records snippets of her life so that she will remember them when she grows old and withered. The identities of any names or initials on this blog are based on the assumptions of the reader unless otherwise specified, and the author claims no responsibility for them.

Reality

The author somehow got into medical school. Yes, you of the general public, shudder and fear the wrath of an inept doctor.

Loves

Reading, Maisy (my dog), tea, writing (albeit badly), piano, music, junk food.

Hates

Almost everything else besides the things mentioned above.

Friends

Bao Cheng' Bernice' Chien Young' Chun Hing' Claire' Faustina' Felicia' Ferly' Gloria' Irene' Irene & Jiaying' Jac' Jiamin' Jiasin' Jiaying' Lutheng' Karene' Marissa' Melesa' Mingyi' My fictionpress' Pamelia' Pei Rong' Qiu Ting' Rachel' Satires Site' Stasia' Sylvia' The Clique' Vinette' Wenjia' Xin Rong' Xue Ying' Yanne & I' Yanne & Jamie' Zeena' 203'

Archives

03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004 10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004 01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005 02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005 03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005 04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005 05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005 06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005 07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005 08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005 09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005 10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005 11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006 02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006 03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006 04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006 05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006 06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006 07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006 08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006 09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006 10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006 11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006 12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007 01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007 02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007 03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007 04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007 06/01/2007 - 07/01/2007 07/01/2007 - 08/01/2007 08/01/2007 - 09/01/2007 09/01/2007 - 10/01/2007 10/01/2007 - 11/01/2007 11/01/2007 - 12/01/2007 12/01/2007 - 01/01/2008 01/01/2008 - 02/01/2008 02/01/2008 - 03/01/2008 03/01/2008 - 04/01/2008 04/01/2008 - 05/01/2008 05/01/2008 - 06/01/2008 06/01/2008 - 07/01/2008 07/01/2008 - 08/01/2008 08/01/2008 - 09/01/2008 09/01/2008 - 10/01/2008 10/01/2008 - 11/01/2008 11/01/2008 - 12/01/2008 12/01/2008 - 01/01/2009 01/01/2009 - 02/01/2009 02/01/2009 - 03/01/2009 03/01/2009 - 04/01/2009 04/01/2009 - 05/01/2009 05/01/2009 - 06/01/2009 06/01/2009 - 07/01/2009 07/01/2009 - 08/01/2009 08/01/2009 - 09/01/2009 09/01/2009 - 10/01/2009 12/01/2009 - 01/01/2010 08/01/2010 - 09/01/2010 12/01/2010 - 01/01/2011 06/01/2011 - 07/01/2011 04/01/2012 - 05/01/2012 08/01/2012 - 09/01/2012 09/01/2012 - 10/01/2012 10/01/2012 - 11/01/2012 11/01/2012 - 12/01/2012 12/01/2012 - 01/01/2013 01/01/2013 - 02/01/2013 02/01/2013 - 03/01/2013 03/01/2013 - 04/01/2013 04/01/2013 - 05/01/2013 05/01/2013 - 06/01/2013 06/01/2013 - 07/01/2013 07/01/2013 - 08/01/2013 11/01/2013 - 12/01/2013 12/01/2013 - 01/01/2014 02/01/2014 - 03/01/2014 03/01/2014 - 04/01/2014 05/01/2014 - 06/01/2014

Chat area


Saturday, November 19, 2005

I went out with Zeena Tan today!

Sorry Zeena, but we were stuck in the jam on the freeway (or in Singaporean terms, express way or PIE) for about 1 full hour due to road works. Apparently, we could have taken an alternate route, but were dumb enough to take this one. My ar*e kind of became numb from the sitting...

After the ar*e-numbing 1 and a half hour car ride to the shopping mall, I finally caught sight of a shoulder-lengthed hair tall girl with a grey rather washed out shirt and jersey pants (is that what you call those 3-quarters?) browsing some diaries and calenders outside a supermarket (or megamarket) called Big W, which incidentally is my english teacher's nickname, due to the aptness of her size too. FYI, my present english teacher's name is Ms Wija****** (shall censor name for my sake) and I'm sure I spelled that wrongly, but you get the reason why I call her Big W *winks at Ollie*.

My mom then had to tear me away from Zeena, and drag my carcass to her friend's ice-cream stall, the afore mentioned friend who would then give me a lift home at the end of the day. Then, after more headache-inducing turns, we finally reached that ice-cream stall, and I was turning to go off when my mom pulled me by the ear (kidding) to the ice-cream stall to unhappily call 'hello uncle'. After that, I just scooted back to see Zeena.

Saw Zeena's mom and her looking at some framed prints in a shop, and apparently Zeena wanted to buy 2 prints to cover a piece of empty wall up, as well as to throw her current 'fairy' print out of the window. Zeena's mom doesn't speak like her though, amazingly... She's *gasps* rather singlish! I was gobsmacked to be honest... But it was quite interesting, since I don't exactly speak the same as before anyway (ask Zeena)...

We then took a stroll into the setting sun -kidding- into Big W, and walked around. Zeena saw this marshmellow cushion, and apparently fell in love with it. I told her that they sold it cheaper in singapore, but the ingenius Zeena did not know where to get it! So, (I finally remembered it, Zeena) I've promised to get it for her for Christmas. Then, we walked around, and Zeena bought chewy gobstoppers that kind of broke my jaw (ironically) while I bought a packet of mint sweets (for my mom).

Then, we walked around, and went into gift shops, as Zeena wanted to get cards/something for someone. We then went for lunch, and little (irony) Zeena was whining for ice-cream after our lunch of fish and chips, of which we all couldn't finish. Thinking of it, we should have shared eh?

Walked into a bookshop next, but the books were all really expensive and uninteresting. Walk around more, then after my incessant grumbles, went to Woolworths (another supermarket) where I got Pam her Christmas gift of Cadbury cooking dark chocolate, and myself Maltesers and a 2 litre bottle of Pepsi. From the look on Zeena's face, she'd thought I was insane to buy and carry such a large bottle of Pepsi around, but I did accomplish this 'impossible' feat anyway. She herself bought a small little bottle of mineral water, of which I cringed my nose at when I saw it.

Then, I dragged Zeena out of the supermarket and finally got her to sit down at long last. After sitting down and reminiscing, it was 4 o'clock, and the energetic Zeena started dragging me around instead. We went to some clothes boutiques where I found some nice clothes (which Zeena felt she would faint if I'd ever donned them. Hmmph) but they were too expensive for poor minions like me to afford. Imagine A$99 for a skirt. We did find some suitable clothes for Ng though, and I got Zeena to use my cam to take a pic due to my already filled hands. Will post the pictures up later. Unfortunately, it was a futile attempt trying to get Zeena to pose next to it.

Zeena then started ranting about how Mrs Teo hated her, and I was like 'Really?!' (or was it in the supermarket?) Interesting... She might as well have said Ng hated her.

We then went to 2 more bookstores, and me to the washroom while Zeena relaxed outside and ate the sweets that she'd bought from Woolworths. I went mad when I saw 'Far side away' and 'Dilbert' merchandise, and we decided to split the cost of a Dilbert calendar with Sera for a certain someone's christmas present.

Stupid Zeena dragged me all the way back to the calendar shop she was at initially, and spent a long time deciding whether to get a 'Zen' or 'Greek' themed diary for school, though she finally (at long last) decided on the 'Zen' one.

We then went back to the shop to get the calendar, call Sera and ask her if she was willing, my eardrums get furthur damaged by Sera's enthusiastic shouts, me being equally enthusiastic and equally enthusiastic onlookers staring inanely at me. Wow... Zeena was grumbling about how her phone bill would sky-rocket, when she was happily smsing Irene and I. Irony indeed...

Then, we trotted down to the first storey of the mall, and sat there watching the shops closing. Zeena had bought some cube (forgot the name) and trying in vain to open it. I tried, and it was equally in vain. I then came up with the idea to call Ng, and Zeena said 'OK'. I was like ?! Zeena then made me talk first, and thinking that Ng probably wouldn't pick up her phone due to Sera already trying, I did so. After 3 rings, she DID pick it up. I was shell-shocked, and she (Ng) sounded much younger on the phone. Zeena said that I always say that of everyone I talk to on the phone, including her. Ng apparently thought I was already in Singapore, but I was too shocked to ask if she was actually busy, and inconsiderably ranted on. This is how the conversation went:

Ng: Hello?
Me: Hello?? Is that Mrs Ng? (Apparently, I still had enough sense to address her this way)
Ng: YES(in that manner she always does so)...
Me: I'm Jolene from Australia...
Ng: Really?! I thought you were back in Singapore already?
Me: No... Zeena's here for a holiday though... (Zeena interrupting me at the fact that the call to her lover actually got through)
Ng: When are you coming back then?
Me: 8th of December...
Ng: What time's your flight?
Me: I'm not sure... I think it's 4+...
Ng: Does the class know that you're coming back on the 8th? (surprisingly, she sounded like she was talking to a friend to me... Amazing eh?)
Me: I think so... But they're too wrapped up in their own lives anyway.
Ng: Are you sure? I'm sure they still remember you... They always talk about you...
Me: Are you sure?
Ng: YES (again.)
Me: I'm sure they remember me as that stupid sarcastic girl.
Ng: *snorts*

I then chucked the phone into Zeena's outstretched and yearning arms. Apparently, Ng had some guests at her house, so Zeena put the phone down relatively fast.

We were laughing like mad, and initially, there was this baby crying behind me, so I told Ng that I couldn't really hear because of that. Ng then went 'What baby?' I was like 'Never mind...'

Then, back to that cube puzzle. Perhaps Ng's conversation englightened me, for I realised that it was actually like scotchtape, and easily removed it. We were laughing at our own stupidity after that...

Then, we walked on... Zeena finally remembered that we didn't get a card or wrapper for person we bought the calendar for, and I was like 'once a moron, always a moron'. We laughed ourselves more stupid after that.

Went home with mom's friend after that... Was quite sad, since I wouldn't be seeing anyone from 2/3 till Dec 9th (I hope). Long enough post.

Got guests now.

7:53 PM