![]() |
|
|
Disclaimer The reader accepts, on reading of this disclaimer, that the Internet is a vast wasteland of crap that spews out of human minds. This blog is no different. Any assumptions or conclusions that the reader draws from this blog are not the responsibility of the author, along with any physical or psychological harm that might result from the reading of this blog. Author The author is a paranoid, deranged and cynical misanthrope who records snippets of her life so that she will remember them when she grows old and withered. The identities of any names or initials on this blog are based on the assumptions of the reader unless otherwise specified, and the author claims no responsibility for them. Reality The author somehow got into medical school. Yes, you of the general public, shudder and fear the wrath of an inept doctor. Loves Reading, Maisy (my dog), tea, writing (albeit badly), piano, music, junk food. Hates Almost everything else besides the things mentioned above. Friends Bao Cheng' Bernice' Chien Young' Chun Hing' Claire' Faustina' Felicia' Ferly' Gloria' Irene' Irene & Jiaying' Jac' Jiamin' Jiasin' Jiaying' Lutheng' Karene' Marissa' Melesa' Mingyi' My fictionpress' Pamelia' Pei Rong' Qiu Ting' Rachel' Satires Site' Stasia' Sylvia' The Clique' Vinette' Wenjia' Xin Rong' Xue Ying' Yanne & I' Yanne & Jamie' Zeena' 203' Archives Chat area |
Friday, October 07, 2005
What I have been doing for the holidays: 1: Sleep, sleep and sleep. I sure didn't break the couch potato code of order... Kidding! I dreamt really, really weird dreams/nightmares, including having a LANGUAGE ARTS lesson, and Ng showing us 'Saving Private Ryan', then me and Zeena sitting at some obscure staircase crying our eyes out. I don't know what possessed me to dream that. I laughed myself silly when I awoke. 2: Emailing. Somehow, last week, my computer just had to go nuts, and I'd started sending out blank emails. Some people (actually only a *certain* person) thought that I'd become speechless after reading their (her, for that matter) email. Indeed, I was, but I did reply to the email. 3: Spending my time on this blog. I'd added some rubbish to it, including a list of things that I love and hate, as well as a brief introduction of myself, before I contract the 'stupidity bug'. See the description for more details. 4: Reading. List of the books I've read/re-read: Tuesdays with Morrie (Mitch Albom), The Great Gatsby (Scott F. Fitzgerald. Fabulous book.), 1984 (George Orwell. I just love this book.), Catch 22 (Joseph Heller. Interesting book... Littered with wit and humour. Name of book has been passed into today's figure of speech as a 'no-win' situation.), Paradise Lost (John Milton. Yes, that long, long poem on Adam and Eve. I became cross-eyed after reading it, but I've finally gotten down to accomplishing this seemingly impossible feat, and I am very proud of myself.), Fahrenheit 451 (Ray Bradbury. Still like this book. First read it during LSC this year *smirks*.), Brave New World (Aldous Huxley. Sars reminded me about this book sometime ago, and I got down to reading it again.), Doors of Perception (Aldous Huxley. I like his books... Interesting point of views, and of course, cynicism.), Heart of Darkness (Joseph Conrad. Skimmed through it in May this year, since I was too caught up with some matters at that time.). What a long, long list... 5: Watched/Re-watched (I like doing things again, since you have new insights on the same matter because of different circumstances.) movies/DVDs. QUIDAM (Cirque Du Soliel. *Evil laugh* Envy me you mortals, I'd finally found the DVD of this. Watched the live show too.), Big Fish (Tim Burton. I really like this movie. Intend to buy it when I get back to Singapore.), Saving Private Ryan (Steven Spielberg. The reaction is like what I said in that dream- I ended up crying. Lack of humanity/war etc makes me really depressed. I guess it's just a phase immature teens go through.), Angela's Ashes (Book adaptation of Frank McCourt. I can't rake up the memory of who directed the movie... It kind of reminded me of Gone with the Wind. I guess it's the Irish lifestyle etc.), The Last Emperor (Bernardu Bertolucci. I haven't heard of him till this movie... The movie reminded me of this documentary I'd watched on the Forbidden City, as well as the school's bureaucratic system.), The Passion of the Christ (Mel Gibson. Cried buckets too. Hmmph.). As you've noticed, most of the movies are M15+, but do I give a damn? Neither does my mom, so... Out with the ratings! I guess that's all I've done in the holidays. Pretty much just remained a couch potato, and it isn't that interesting, is it? I'd think EOYs would be much more exciting... At least you get the thrill of thinking you failed your exams, but passed. The euphoria of it is unexplainable... At least it's unpredictable, unlike the useless exams I have here, of which I can spend the whole day on the computer without touching my textbooks and still pass. (Even when I am unaware of an exam. Tell me how unpredictable it is. I guess as unpredictable as a dead man's heartbeat?) That's all the rantings of the day. Will probably write my resolutions for going back to school tomorrow, though it won't be much. 10:33 PM
|