![]() |
|
|
Disclaimer The reader accepts, on reading of this disclaimer, that the Internet is a vast wasteland of crap that spews out of human minds. This blog is no different. Any assumptions or conclusions that the reader draws from this blog are not the responsibility of the author, along with any physical or psychological harm that might result from the reading of this blog. Author The author is a paranoid, deranged and cynical misanthrope who records snippets of her life so that she will remember them when she grows old and withered. The identities of any names or initials on this blog are based on the assumptions of the reader unless otherwise specified, and the author claims no responsibility for them. Reality The author somehow got into medical school. Yes, you of the general public, shudder and fear the wrath of an inept doctor. Loves Reading, Maisy (my dog), tea, writing (albeit badly), piano, music, junk food. Hates Almost everything else besides the things mentioned above. Friends Bao Cheng' Bernice' Chien Young' Chun Hing' Claire' Faustina' Felicia' Ferly' Gloria' Irene' Irene & Jiaying' Jac' Jiamin' Jiasin' Jiaying' Lutheng' Karene' Marissa' Melesa' Mingyi' My fictionpress' Pamelia' Pei Rong' Qiu Ting' Rachel' Satires Site' Stasia' Sylvia' The Clique' Vinette' Wenjia' Xin Rong' Xue Ying' Yanne & I' Yanne & Jamie' Zeena' 203' Archives Chat area |
Wednesday, October 26, 2005
Was just talking to Yanne about 'the Ng' and Yeo's canned drinks. Calling Ng 'the Ng' sounds remotely funny, though like how Yanne so aptly put it, makes it seem like she's a Goddess I'd bow down and worship. Unfortunately, I don't think I deserve even the honour of kissing the ground she walks on, being a poor minion... Here's a little elaboration on my MSN nick, for those who have been confunded by the great mysteries of my pea brain. An abstract from crumpled copy of Readers' Digest (Australian edition). Word Play When my brother was at university, he tended to use a lot of long words in essays until a professor returned one with the following criticism: "The prolongated application of a polysyllabic vocabulary infallibly exercises a deleterious influence on the fecundity of expression, rendering the ultimate tendency apocryphal." With the help of a dictionary, we translated this to: "If you use too many long words, nobody will understand what you are talking about." So well was the lesson learned that I still remember the words half a century later. -Tony Weston, Ulverstone, Tasmania. Hmm. Interesting, isn't it? Bye, bye to my poor pea brain... It's probably over-loaded by that Math competition, of which I nearly caused the group to fail, but well, we still did better than the other group. Imagine my forehead with the neon sign "Danger- Overloaded". It was pouring today, but we still went on with tennis, though most of the girls whipped out their jackets and sheltered their precious, halo-ed heads from the rain (that would have melted those sculptures (spelling?) of ice) and ran for shelter, only to come out at the promise of ice-cream if they won a game. It seemed like they had merely increased their chances of getting pnuemonia, since no one won the ice-cream. And the whole irony was that they were shouting that it was freezing, yet I'm sure if a tub of ice-cream had landed from outer space, they'd have thrown off their jackets like one of those hunks with the 6 pack abs (that could grate cheese) from the O.C throwing off his already stretched thin shirt onto the sand. I merely stood in the rain, looked up, got a whole lot of rain water into my already sore eyes (it helped me keep awake though), and sneeze countless times. But rain tastes nice, and I did enjoy it. Hopefully I'll run a temperature/catch a flu/get pnuemonia, and thus get to stay home. Another impossible feat I'll attempt to pull off (and fail to no avail) tomorrow... One has to resign to desperate measures in times like these. At least the dental appointment has been postponed, but to an even worse date: 24th November, which incidentally, is a day before my birthday. What a great birthday gift... I guess it may be a warning, since I wouldn't be surprised if someone decided to poison the food. (I doubt I'd even be having cake. No bread eat cake! What if there isn't cake even...) Shall end this inane blog post with this clumsy conclusion (alliteration). 9:22 PM
|