![]() |
|
|
Disclaimer The reader accepts, on reading of this disclaimer, that the Internet is a vast wasteland of crap that spews out of human minds. This blog is no different. Any assumptions or conclusions that the reader draws from this blog are not the responsibility of the author, along with any physical or psychological harm that might result from the reading of this blog. Author The author is a paranoid, deranged and cynical misanthrope who records snippets of her life so that she will remember them when she grows old and withered. The identities of any names or initials on this blog are based on the assumptions of the reader unless otherwise specified, and the author claims no responsibility for them. Reality The author somehow got into medical school. Yes, you of the general public, shudder and fear the wrath of an inept doctor. Loves Reading, Maisy (my dog), tea, writing (albeit badly), piano, music, junk food. Hates Almost everything else besides the things mentioned above. Friends Bao Cheng' Bernice' Chien Young' Chun Hing' Claire' Faustina' Felicia' Ferly' Gloria' Irene' Irene & Jiaying' Jac' Jiamin' Jiasin' Jiaying' Lutheng' Karene' Marissa' Melesa' Mingyi' My fictionpress' Pamelia' Pei Rong' Qiu Ting' Rachel' Satires Site' Stasia' Sylvia' The Clique' Vinette' Wenjia' Xin Rong' Xue Ying' Yanne & I' Yanne & Jamie' Zeena' 203' Archives Chat area |
Tuesday, September 27, 2005
Hmm... Been wondering what I am going to write? The answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind. (Ignore me, for I am mad over REM and a little of Bob Dog -kidding- Dylan.) EOYs round the corner for you people eh? I am finally released from the evil clutches of them... Really, I can finally not fail a thing even by not studying. Gazing wistfully into the past, I remember how in IJ, we used to have to say a prayer before our tests, and what I'd pray for would be to beat my brother. Says a lot, doesn't it? Well, later on, I just prayed that my teacher would stop breathing down my neck... And I still did that in you-know-where, especially during LA tests. Hmmph... I bet Claire must be praying the opposite of what I pray for. Besides tests, what concerns a primary school kid most in September? Yes, Teachers' Day... When I was young and -well- somewhat innocent, my mom would pack me off to school on that fateful day with those flowers and perhaps a red pen or two, as well as a little card written in my scrawny and childish handwriting. Wow, adrenaline would pump in me when I stumbled forward, blushed and gave my teacher those gifts. That carried on till about Primary 3, when I had this terribly tyrannical Form Teacher, and those flowers just wilted in my hands, the ink in the red pens dried up, the card crumpled in my small and stubby palms... I think I chucked the card away, but for the fear of my mom throwing me off the building, ultimately made the choice to dump the flowers and red pens on that teacher's table. Upper primary, where the more interesting bits come in... My mom allowed me to get the gifts myself, and of course, being this generous me, I didn't give my teachers anything... With the exception of my Primary 6 Chinese teacher. I gave her a wind chime, because it was the last year she was teaching in Singapore, and she was a fabulous teacher... Made me realise Mandarin was something more than bullshit. Believe it or not, I never got a teachers' day present for anyone after Primary 6... Yes, gape all you want. My heart kind of wilted after Primary 3, along with those flowers. The only thing I nearly chucked into Ng's pigeon hole was a broken shuttle cork I'd found in the quadrangle... Xr stopped me, warning me that I would become like the shuttle cork if Ng ever found out. Ha... Reminiscing is such sweet sorrow indeed... Somehow, I wish I'd have EOYs too, but I know it's impossible. Life's like a game of CHECKERS (xr, checkers is still BETTER than chess, even though chess is quite good...)- once you've moved a pawn, you can't move it back. Indeed, after failing Maths, Science, Chinese and God-knows-what for as long as you've done them, there's a kind of hollow in you if you don't fail them... Seriously, I don't study for my tests anymore, but my teachers probably think I pore over my books till dawn or something... My Math teacher'd openly declared it. I know it's eccentric, but I miss failing my subjects... Passing with flying colours isn't exactly that great after all, because you can never pass with all the colours of the wind (I am going insane, quoting all sorts of songs). Perhaps that's the curse of being an ex-'you-know-where' girl... My brain probably wilted with the first test I'd failed (Science test), but I didn't realise it till now... The hols have really given me tons of time to look at myself, and I've discovered to my amazement that really, there's no more drive in me. I got into this silly IQ society that I'd have died to get in long ago, but now, it's nothing but an 'oh. wow, more spam in my email inbox'. (Those who want the website, here it is. http://www.highiqsociety.org/noflash/nonmembers/iqtests.htm FYI, I took the verbal IQ test, and got 134) Even I gape in wonderment at myself... It sure is rude to gape, but I don't know what else to do besides that, and since I am already such a socially-inept person... You get the vibe of it. *Bitter laugh* I don't ever want to grow up... Seeing my parents scares me out. Everything is money. Money sure makes the world go around. No, correction. The LACK of money makes the world go around. Society's values indeed. In church- People who donate $30 000 are far more 'respected' and in a way 'holy' than a kid like yours truly. It just hit me on Sunday how many of those people sitting in that building ever thought of whether they only believe in God because there is Satan, or about the purpose of their life. My face was rather pale and screwed up in concentration (maybe fright), and my mom'd thought that I was having another faint attack like the one I'd had recently. Money, money, money. Like in that ABBA song, it totally puts me off. 9:58 PM
|