![]() |
|
|
Disclaimer The reader accepts, on reading of this disclaimer, that the Internet is a vast wasteland of crap that spews out of human minds. This blog is no different. Any assumptions or conclusions that the reader draws from this blog are not the responsibility of the author, along with any physical or psychological harm that might result from the reading of this blog. Author The author is a paranoid, deranged and cynical misanthrope who records snippets of her life so that she will remember them when she grows old and withered. The identities of any names or initials on this blog are based on the assumptions of the reader unless otherwise specified, and the author claims no responsibility for them. Reality The author somehow got into medical school. Yes, you of the general public, shudder and fear the wrath of an inept doctor. Loves Reading, Maisy (my dog), tea, writing (albeit badly), piano, music, junk food. Hates Almost everything else besides the things mentioned above. Friends Bao Cheng' Bernice' Chien Young' Chun Hing' Claire' Faustina' Felicia' Ferly' Gloria' Irene' Irene & Jiaying' Jac' Jiamin' Jiasin' Jiaying' Lutheng' Karene' Marissa' Melesa' Mingyi' My fictionpress' Pamelia' Pei Rong' Qiu Ting' Rachel' Satires Site' Stasia' Sylvia' The Clique' Vinette' Wenjia' Xin Rong' Xue Ying' Yanne & I' Yanne & Jamie' Zeena' 203' Archives Chat area |
Wednesday, September 28, 2005
Haven't been too free these few days, with my mom arranging some lunch gathering for her friends on Saturday. You know, those hateful lunches with all the 'auntie' and 'uncle' calling. Despite my mom's nagging, I just go 'hello' to them. Hmmph! What more, they always walk through the door, see you, size you up, and go 'Oh! You've grown so tall since the last time I'd seen you!' when obviously, it was just a week ago that they'd said that. And the utmost tragedy of this whole episode would be all the patting of heads and pinching of cheeks. I am shuddering at the sheer thought of it. So, my mom just had to drag me out shopping for groceries when I'd finally got the DVDs I'd rented yesterday going. Now, I just can't get them to work. *Glares at imaginary mom, since she's already gone out. AGAIN.* And it seems to me that my computer has officially gone nuts. I give it a monkey, and it gives me nuts. I've been sending out blank emails, getting tons of spam (including a 'Harry Potter' online newsletter I'd never ever signed up for), and my Daily Dilbert is not coming through! Urrgh. The 'bang-ups' sure happen all at once. You know, this is almost classic enough to go down as a Shakespearen tradgedy, only that it is set in the modern times. *Once upon a lunch gathering's nightmare* And the whole bloody irony of it is that I am listening to the song 'Beautiful Day' by U2. I am feeling really cynical now (do I even need to say this?). Wow. 3:09 PM
|