Disclaimer

The reader accepts, on reading of this disclaimer, that the Internet is a vast wasteland of crap that spews out of human minds. This blog is no different. Any assumptions or conclusions that the reader draws from this blog are not the responsibility of the author, along with any physical or psychological harm that might result from the reading of this blog.

Author

The author is a paranoid, deranged and cynical misanthrope who records snippets of her life so that she will remember them when she grows old and withered. The identities of any names or initials on this blog are based on the assumptions of the reader unless otherwise specified, and the author claims no responsibility for them.

Reality

The author somehow got into medical school. Yes, you of the general public, shudder and fear the wrath of an inept doctor.

Loves

Reading, Maisy (my dog), tea, writing (albeit badly), piano, music, junk food.

Hates

Almost everything else besides the things mentioned above.

Friends

Bao Cheng' Bernice' Chien Young' Chun Hing' Claire' Faustina' Felicia' Ferly' Gloria' Irene' Irene & Jiaying' Jac' Jiamin' Jiasin' Jiaying' Lutheng' Karene' Marissa' Melesa' Mingyi' My fictionpress' Pamelia' Pei Rong' Qiu Ting' Rachel' Satires Site' Stasia' Sylvia' The Clique' Vinette' Wenjia' Xin Rong' Xue Ying' Yanne & I' Yanne & Jamie' Zeena' 203'

Archives

03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004 10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004 01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005 02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005 03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005 04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005 05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005 06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005 07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005 08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005 09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005 10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005 11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006 02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006 03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006 04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006 05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006 06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006 07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006 08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006 09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006 10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006 11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006 12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007 01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007 02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007 03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007 04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007 06/01/2007 - 07/01/2007 07/01/2007 - 08/01/2007 08/01/2007 - 09/01/2007 09/01/2007 - 10/01/2007 10/01/2007 - 11/01/2007 11/01/2007 - 12/01/2007 12/01/2007 - 01/01/2008 01/01/2008 - 02/01/2008 02/01/2008 - 03/01/2008 03/01/2008 - 04/01/2008 04/01/2008 - 05/01/2008 05/01/2008 - 06/01/2008 06/01/2008 - 07/01/2008 07/01/2008 - 08/01/2008 08/01/2008 - 09/01/2008 09/01/2008 - 10/01/2008 10/01/2008 - 11/01/2008 11/01/2008 - 12/01/2008 12/01/2008 - 01/01/2009 01/01/2009 - 02/01/2009 02/01/2009 - 03/01/2009 03/01/2009 - 04/01/2009 04/01/2009 - 05/01/2009 05/01/2009 - 06/01/2009 06/01/2009 - 07/01/2009 07/01/2009 - 08/01/2009 08/01/2009 - 09/01/2009 09/01/2009 - 10/01/2009 12/01/2009 - 01/01/2010 08/01/2010 - 09/01/2010 12/01/2010 - 01/01/2011 06/01/2011 - 07/01/2011 04/01/2012 - 05/01/2012 08/01/2012 - 09/01/2012 09/01/2012 - 10/01/2012 10/01/2012 - 11/01/2012 11/01/2012 - 12/01/2012 12/01/2012 - 01/01/2013 01/01/2013 - 02/01/2013 02/01/2013 - 03/01/2013 03/01/2013 - 04/01/2013 04/01/2013 - 05/01/2013 05/01/2013 - 06/01/2013 06/01/2013 - 07/01/2013 07/01/2013 - 08/01/2013 11/01/2013 - 12/01/2013 12/01/2013 - 01/01/2014 02/01/2014 - 03/01/2014 03/01/2014 - 04/01/2014 05/01/2014 - 06/01/2014

Chat area


Monday, July 04, 2005

Fine. I'd already typed the whole post out just now, when my computer kindly decided to hang on me. I imagine that my computer is as good as me, since I've been thinking of hanging myself long ago. Oh wow.

Sorry for not updating for such a long time. Just as I'd wish to be in touch with my many fans out there who are dying for this post, I must caution my curious fans that curiosity does kill the cat, and you fans too. What you all are going to read is something written by someone who loves to address herself in 3rd person, is really tired and frustrated as well as cynical and depressed. Notice that everything has to do with emotional stress. Nothing much for my fans to fret about though, since well, there's nothing much for you all to do anyway. Just that this author is really frustrated, as there is no one to have interesting and intellectual face-to-face talks or someone to allow her to unload her heavy burden on face-to-face here. Unless the author is supposed to talk to ants(or any other flying/crawling/floating insect for that matter), microscopic bacteria(as much as the author's self-talk is (in)famous, this is really crucial here) or pieces of wood(the author is already doing this in school every single minute). Here's what a probable conversation with a piece of wood would be like.
The author: Are you only left handed?
Piece of wood(notice that the acronym for this is POW, which is the same as prisoner of war, though it's seriously inappropriate for a piece of wood): Yes.
The author: Are you only right handed?
Piece of wood: Yes.
The author: Are you ambidextrous(notice the similarity to Bob Ewell... Not that the author's ego is such to claim the relation to Atticus Finch, but just for the matter)?
Piece of wood: Yes(contradiction).
The author: Are you sparstic?
Piece of wood: Yes.

How interesting it is to have had an exclusive interview with a piece of wood...

Finally the author has decided to take back the post, and write it in first person. Landcrest(it's supposed to be Seacrest), out.

Fine. I am starting to have a serious suspicion that people have only the word 'yes' in their vast vocabulary. I mean, this may sound mean, and exaggerated, but I guarantee that it certainly isn't. Oh well... Who am I cheating that I am innocent?

I've been really drained out. Just 3 weeks of school has made it seem like 3 years. Imagine starting an intellectual/philosophical discussion with people who only say 'yes'. I am sure Mrs Ng would have been in jail by the end of her first day here, since she would have commited murder. I am seriously considering that, since I would be able to miss school by doing so. But it would have to wait till next week, when the 2 weeks of school holidays end here. Many of you are struggling with your Maths retest, while picturing my brother in his bikini lying on the beach sun-tanning, with me surfing/wake-boarding. And mind you, I'd only written the above line because I've come to learn that an unwanted visitor- ie my brother- has recently decided to join the Jolene's blog fanclub. Ain't I supposed to be honoured? And seriously, I shouldn't have given you the image of me falling repeatedly into the raging waves.

Although I still have about 13 days to go before the holidays end, I am already starting to have nightmares about going back to school, and my heart would palpitate and eyes become like the Orchard Road map whenever I see the slightest object related to my school. I'd wake up screaming, or drenched in cold sweat at about 3 AM, then have difficulty getting back to bed. Maybe one day I'd wake up in my pee. Honestly, I haven't peed in my pants for about 8 years. Right... Why did I ever say that?

One of my recurring nightmares is one of my Mathematics teacher asking the class "one plus one equals?" while I sat there, screaming my lungs out that it equalled to 2, with the class staring blankly at the teacher. Then I'd start to wonder about the philosophy of numbers, and start looking out of the window, and suddenly, my teacher would be standing right at my desk, and bring his gargantuan hand onto my head. I'd then wake up with a jolt of pain, and find myself on the floor. Remember that I sleep on a double bunk bed, and the top of it. Fortunately(or unfortunately) no one sleeps under me. Moreover, the facing of the bed is South, and in the past, it was North. No, that has nothing to do with fengshui at all. It's just the side of the bed that is against the wall. I'd gotten confused with the side, and taken it to be the same as the one at home, thus falling on the floor with a thud.

Counting the time that I have thinking through philosophical questions during lessons, I'd soon go insane and stark raving mad. No one would care anyway. People here see me as a floating brain/walking britanica, and wouldn't give a f*ck about what happens to me. Sorry for the vulgarity. I seriously doubt the facilities in the asylums here though. What a trivial thing to worry about... So after getting all depressed and despaired at the human race due to the thinking, I'd get all stuffed up with those thoughts that I wouldn't even feel like eating, and yes, I nearly fainted 2 Sundays ago. Maybe Xin Rong is right, that I am suffering from an illness I'd refrain from mentioning here for fear of people gasping and falling off their chairs, and suffering from concussions. I do not have the money to pay for your medical fees, and so do go get insurance before looking at my blog.

Another problem is my inability to sleep. I'd keep reading till late into the night, then wake up on the floor and have trouble going back to sleep again. Thus, I've taken to keeping a book under my pillow. It's a Dilbert book at the moment. I can see the envious looks on many of your faces at the moment... I certainly must applaud Scott Adams for explaining my thoughts so explicitly. The world is going to stupidity, and there's nothing to do about it except pray for the War of the Worlds that would either kill you and other smart people like me, or kill the dumb people of the world, or both. Let's pray that God has divided Heaven/Hell into 2- One for smart people like you and I, and the other for stupid people.

I guess that's enough stupidity for my smart fans and myself to thrive on for the moment. That's all folks.

10:30 PM