![]() |
|
|
Disclaimer The reader accepts, on reading of this disclaimer, that the Internet is a vast wasteland of crap that spews out of human minds. This blog is no different. Any assumptions or conclusions that the reader draws from this blog are not the responsibility of the author, along with any physical or psychological harm that might result from the reading of this blog. Author The author is a paranoid, deranged and cynical misanthrope who records snippets of her life so that she will remember them when she grows old and withered. The identities of any names or initials on this blog are based on the assumptions of the reader unless otherwise specified, and the author claims no responsibility for them. Reality The author somehow got into medical school. Yes, you of the general public, shudder and fear the wrath of an inept doctor. Loves Reading, Maisy (my dog), tea, writing (albeit badly), piano, music, junk food. Hates Almost everything else besides the things mentioned above. Friends Bao Cheng' Bernice' Chien Young' Chun Hing' Claire' Faustina' Felicia' Ferly' Gloria' Irene' Irene & Jiaying' Jac' Jiamin' Jiasin' Jiaying' Lutheng' Karene' Marissa' Melesa' Mingyi' My fictionpress' Pamelia' Pei Rong' Qiu Ting' Rachel' Satires Site' Stasia' Sylvia' The Clique' Vinette' Wenjia' Xin Rong' Xue Ying' Yanne & I' Yanne & Jamie' Zeena' 203' Archives Chat area |
Wednesday, June 01, 2005
I am reading the online text version of "Brave new world" by Aldous Huxley. For some reason, I just feel like crying, even though I've just started reading it. I fear for the human race, for humanity. Where is humanity? What IS humanity? Somehow, I think humanity is just like true beauty, like the perfect parent- That is of course, fiction. Everything is done in the name of humanity, even something as unethical as War. Anyone making a big decision, for example, going to War, is said to be a martyr or humanity. So, what is humanity? To me, I think it's just an excuse for a person's deeds, so that if it goes wrong, humanity would just take the blame. So, the next time we can't do our homework, especially Maths, we should tell our teachers, "Ms/Mrs/Mdm/Mr/Dr so-and-so, you have to spare a thought for humanity- Our poor brain cells would be dead from over-exhaustion, and as respected members of society and martyrs of humanity, you have to respect the sanctity of life, and allow our brain cells to continue living!" Try that, and see what our teachers would say. Perhaps you would be a martyr- First, you would be killed by your teacher, then she would be charged for murder. Your friends would be delighted, but you would still meet your teacher in hell. How sad the world is indeed. 8:01 PM
|