![]() |
|
|
Disclaimer The reader accepts, on reading of this disclaimer, that the Internet is a vast wasteland of crap that spews out of human minds. This blog is no different. Any assumptions or conclusions that the reader draws from this blog are not the responsibility of the author, along with any physical or psychological harm that might result from the reading of this blog. Author The author is a paranoid, deranged and cynical misanthrope who records snippets of her life so that she will remember them when she grows old and withered. The identities of any names or initials on this blog are based on the assumptions of the reader unless otherwise specified, and the author claims no responsibility for them. Reality The author somehow got into medical school. Yes, you of the general public, shudder and fear the wrath of an inept doctor. Loves Reading, Maisy (my dog), tea, writing (albeit badly), piano, music, junk food. Hates Almost everything else besides the things mentioned above. Friends Bao Cheng' Bernice' Chien Young' Chun Hing' Claire' Faustina' Felicia' Ferly' Gloria' Irene' Irene & Jiaying' Jac' Jiamin' Jiasin' Jiaying' Lutheng' Karene' Marissa' Melesa' Mingyi' My fictionpress' Pamelia' Pei Rong' Qiu Ting' Rachel' Satires Site' Stasia' Sylvia' The Clique' Vinette' Wenjia' Xin Rong' Xue Ying' Yanne & I' Yanne & Jamie' Zeena' 203' Archives Chat area |
Sunday, May 15, 2005
Well, was reading the papers, and there is this case of a brain-dead woman again. I would go for euthanasia, personally, but I am certain that the OB(out-of-bounds) markers that society deems to be right would raise a whole big commotion about what my choice would be. To me, not everything can be defined by the law. Like sex. If there is no intercourse, it can't be sex, can it? Same with pornography. If a naked person is deemed as pornography, then I must say that this world is depressing. But when hasn't it been? Haha... Even though the AMD(advance medical directive) is here in Singapore, but so what? It's deemed as wrong in society to conduct euthanasia, and nothing more can be said. So the Government is trying to tell us that being dependent on medical equipment for all your life is better than the quality and dignity you get to preserve your life in. So it is better to continue living in pain and torment those around you then letting go. Well, it's a baised point of view, but it is mine, so I do not mean any harm here, and since bloggers are not protected by the First Amendment Right yet, I'd better stop here before my pants get sued off. Guess who's taking P4T? Our beloved form teacher... No offence to her fans out there. Well, I don't mind, but of course, I am just shocked. If it is a mass lecture, sorry to the class, but I would be joining Yanne since I know that I need a break from everyone, and so does everyone need a break from me, since I am such a cantankerous and unpredictable person. Digression. Anyway, I was thinking about true beauty again. I must agree with xr that true beauty does not exist, and that all those talk about true beauty is just nonsense. I know that this is just a sweeping statement, and mind you, I do not want to become another Mr Phillip Yeo here. People all have different definitions of true beauty, but in my eyes, I think true beauty does not exist at all. Well, maybe through Maths and Science to people, but not to me. Nothing else to add before you all get bored stiff. May write a poem now. Depends. 6:32 PM
|