Disclaimer

The reader accepts, on reading of this disclaimer, that the Internet is a vast wasteland of crap that spews out of human minds. This blog is no different. Any assumptions or conclusions that the reader draws from this blog are not the responsibility of the author, along with any physical or psychological harm that might result from the reading of this blog.

Author

The author is a paranoid, deranged and cynical misanthrope who records snippets of her life so that she will remember them when she grows old and withered. The identities of any names or initials on this blog are based on the assumptions of the reader unless otherwise specified, and the author claims no responsibility for them.

Reality

The author somehow got into medical school. Yes, you of the general public, shudder and fear the wrath of an inept doctor.

Loves

Reading, Maisy (my dog), tea, writing (albeit badly), piano, music, junk food.

Hates

Almost everything else besides the things mentioned above.

Friends

Bao Cheng' Bernice' Chien Young' Chun Hing' Claire' Faustina' Felicia' Ferly' Gloria' Irene' Irene & Jiaying' Jac' Jiamin' Jiasin' Jiaying' Lutheng' Karene' Marissa' Melesa' Mingyi' My fictionpress' Pamelia' Pei Rong' Qiu Ting' Rachel' Satires Site' Stasia' Sylvia' The Clique' Vinette' Wenjia' Xin Rong' Xue Ying' Yanne & I' Yanne & Jamie' Zeena' 203'

Archives

03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004 10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004 01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005 02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005 03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005 04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005 05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005 06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005 07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005 08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005 09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005 10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005 11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006 02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006 03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006 04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006 05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006 06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006 07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006 08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006 09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006 10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006 11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006 12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007 01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007 02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007 03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007 04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007 06/01/2007 - 07/01/2007 07/01/2007 - 08/01/2007 08/01/2007 - 09/01/2007 09/01/2007 - 10/01/2007 10/01/2007 - 11/01/2007 11/01/2007 - 12/01/2007 12/01/2007 - 01/01/2008 01/01/2008 - 02/01/2008 02/01/2008 - 03/01/2008 03/01/2008 - 04/01/2008 04/01/2008 - 05/01/2008 05/01/2008 - 06/01/2008 06/01/2008 - 07/01/2008 07/01/2008 - 08/01/2008 08/01/2008 - 09/01/2008 09/01/2008 - 10/01/2008 10/01/2008 - 11/01/2008 11/01/2008 - 12/01/2008 12/01/2008 - 01/01/2009 01/01/2009 - 02/01/2009 02/01/2009 - 03/01/2009 03/01/2009 - 04/01/2009 04/01/2009 - 05/01/2009 05/01/2009 - 06/01/2009 06/01/2009 - 07/01/2009 07/01/2009 - 08/01/2009 08/01/2009 - 09/01/2009 09/01/2009 - 10/01/2009 12/01/2009 - 01/01/2010 08/01/2010 - 09/01/2010 12/01/2010 - 01/01/2011 06/01/2011 - 07/01/2011 04/01/2012 - 05/01/2012 08/01/2012 - 09/01/2012 09/01/2012 - 10/01/2012 10/01/2012 - 11/01/2012 11/01/2012 - 12/01/2012 12/01/2012 - 01/01/2013 01/01/2013 - 02/01/2013 02/01/2013 - 03/01/2013 03/01/2013 - 04/01/2013 04/01/2013 - 05/01/2013 05/01/2013 - 06/01/2013 06/01/2013 - 07/01/2013 07/01/2013 - 08/01/2013 11/01/2013 - 12/01/2013 12/01/2013 - 01/01/2014 02/01/2014 - 03/01/2014 03/01/2014 - 04/01/2014 05/01/2014 - 06/01/2014

Chat area


Saturday, May 28, 2005

Sorry for not updating yesterday. Came home really late, at about 10 at night.

Thanks to all who put in effort for the farewell party, especially Jiamin, Xue Ying, Chun Hing, Qiuting, Irene etc... Sorry if I missed you out. Chun Hing was really nice. She brought lychees and grapes, which aren't cheap yeah...

The first thing Mrs Ng said to me in the morning was "you look like you have something up your sleeve". Shiru retorted by saying that I didn't even have a sleeve. Haha! Mrs Ng looked especially ravishing yesterday, probably because she didn't want our parents to comment on her dress sense. NO OFFENCE TO ANYONE!

Well, I spent the time writing in Shiru's autograph book, thinking that I would do the essay later, but it turned out that I had to write another 3 autograph book entries on top of Shiru's. So when Mrs Ng came in, sars, Zeena, and I were discussing, and fortunately I managed to scoot back to my place in time. Poor sars and Zeena got ticked off for discussing.

Mrs Ng allowed us to look at her comments, and she talked to some people about their results, about why they were so bad. I was talked to about my Maths, and before that, Mrs Ng was asking Jiaying to broadcast to the class her secret of scoring so high for History. Jiaying said it was to be attentive in class, and I was like "wasting air time!". When it was my turn, Shiru was making some drinking movement that was supposed to remind me of Milo, and I was pulling a face of her. Mrs Ng was like -_-. Then when I sat down, she passed me my report slip and went "please explain the 39 for Maths". I was like "uh... I just don't understand it!" Mrs Ng then copied me and went "wasting air time!" What happened to copyrights... So being the smart-alecky me, I went "I dont get what Ms Lee is teaching", which is paraphrasing what I had said earlier on. Mrs Ng then went "is it your learning style and her teaching style?" Obviously it is... So I was like yeah... And she asked me what Ms Lee's teaching style was. I said that it was "writing everything down, then we just copy copy copy and done". HAHA. Bad grammar. Mrs Ng then asked me what my learning style was, and I was like "I guess it's conceptual..." She then said that I should ask Ms Lee to bring the processes to the concepts, but I told her that I did, but Ms Lee only repeated what she had said before. Mrs Ng then asked what I did about my Maths, and I was like "I stayed back every Friday for help", and she was like "remedial?" I was like yeah...(tempted to say DUH). Fortunately(or unfortunately), my Maths saved me a humiliation, since I had gotten 69 for History, and would have been asked to WASTE AIR TIME.

After I was done with the "meet the pupil session", I sat at my desk writing in Shiru's autograph book, and after Mrs Ng had scolded Jiaying for playing musical chairs, I concluded that she wouldn't scold anymore for moving around, and moved to Zeena's desk, where I did the autograph book entry. Mrs Ng then went "Who sits here? (to Sera...)Where's that Jolene... *Looks around* JOLENE LIM! SCOOT BACK TO YOUR SEAT NOW!" So I had to move my chair back in silent humiliation, and left the autograph book at Zeena's desk, since Mrs Ng would slaughter me if she had seen it. Then I went back to get it, and tried to start on my essay but couldn't. So I was just wasting time, till Mrs Ng went "Jolene, don't think that you don't have to do the essay ok!". I was like "I am doing it!!!" Right.

After Mrs Ng had gone off, we had the first part of the party. Jiamin and I had a water fight, and I won her, even though she had accomplices. HAHA.

Chinese was spent writing autograph book entries.

Science lesson was spent standing outside touching the rain and chatting with Zeena, Pam, Karene, Xin Rong and Claire. Then Mrs Ng came, and was like "aren't you all supposed to be cleaning up your classroom? Then how come some people were standing outside touching the rain? So romantic...*stares at me* Why don't you write a haiku for me?" Darn... Less than half of the class handed in their Geography files, and I am glad for that.

After school, we had the second part of the class party. After that, went to watch Madagascar with Shiru and Xue Ying. It was rather funny, though not quite up to scratch. Was really bloated with popcorn and coke after that.

Went back to school as I wanted to go to the library, but changed my mind after seeing Xin Rong and Irene. They told me that my mum was in the class, and I was like die... So I sneaked to Popular and was a refugee till I was told that my mum wasn't there anymore.

After that, saw Xin Rong outside 2/3, and was chatting with her. She told me that the class photo was on the notice board, and so I went in to take a look. Fortunately, Mrs Ng was on the phone, so she couldn't make some snide remark about me.

Escorted Xin Rong to the bus stop, and saw Ferly outside the English staffroom. Ferly was really frightened, but I "consoled" her and told her that my mum would scold the living "sadam hussein" out of me too.

Then went to the benches outside 2/5 to chat with Sars, since Irene and Xin Rong had already gone off. After that, saw Faus and told her about the class photo together with Jiamin, who had decided to come at that crucial moment. Went in, and started mutiliating the photo with my bizarre, inane ideas. HAHA. Please do not kill me and spam my mailbox when you see it...

Mrs Ng then came over and saw us mutiliating it, and she was like "so mean!!!" Pui Ian's father then came in, and she was like "look at the 3 naughty girls!" Haha. I am so honoured...

Well, I broke down when Faus, Jm and I were closing the classroom door, since it would be the last time seeing the classroom. Mrs Ng had to walk back halfway to get Melesa's handphone number, and see me crying. This was the conversation that went.

Mrs Ng: Oh sorry!(she did not see me crying at first)
Me: It's ok...
Mrs Ng: Don't worry too much... I'm sure you would enjoy it there. All the best! *sticks out her hand*
Me: Thanks*shakes her hand*
Mrs Ng: Why are you all still here?
Faus/Jm: Accompanying Jolene.
Mrs Ng: Why dont you go home?(to me)
Me: I don't dare to go home...(My mum and Maths[alliteration])
Mrs Ng: Why?
Me: My Maths...
Mrs Ng: One exam isnt everything.
Me: It is everything to my mum.
Mrs Ng: Your mom isnt gonna do anything to you(LOGICAL FALLICY!!!).
Me: She's gonna throw me off the building if i dont throw myself off first.
Mrs Ng: -_- evil child... I don't think your mum is that bad. She said something really interesting just now. She said that she didn't want you to slot your guts out here for the rest of your lives.
Me: My mum's really hypocritical at times(neutral tone throughout the whole conversation, and I am really proud of that)
Mrs Ng: -_-*Faus and Jm were laughing* i should introduce you to my older son. he's like you; always saying such bad things about his parents(something like that). My husband got a scolding from the teacherjust now(parent teacher meeting too, probably about the son's poor Chinese again. Poor husband was the scapegoat.)
Me: Maybe I should throw myself off the overhead bridge later.
Mrs Ng: *Stares wide-eyed* You must not entertain such thoughts! You must have faith in your mum! Even if you don't, you must have faith in God! I am sure He's always there for you.
Me: He wouldn't be there when I throw myself off the building later.
Mrs Ng: -_- *waves with hand as she always does* Go now... I shall go and have my hot bath, then eat my dinner and go to sleep.

Amusing, wasn't it? I achieved the neutral tone conversing skill! Am so proud of myself...

Went for dinner with Faus at Macdonals(Wisma Atria), then went home. Fortunately(or unfortunately) Mrs Ng told my mum about the fainting incident, so my mum was questioning me on that. She was quite annonyed with my Maths, but with the fainting incident and the other subjects that were quite well done, she was tolerable. Phew! But my mum really scared the living "sadam hussein" out of me, especially when Xin Rong and Irene told me that she was in the classroom. Fortunately I did not pass the classroom at that time...

Well, what a long post.

6:09 PM