![]() |
|
|
Disclaimer The reader accepts, on reading of this disclaimer, that the Internet is a vast wasteland of crap that spews out of human minds. This blog is no different. Any assumptions or conclusions that the reader draws from this blog are not the responsibility of the author, along with any physical or psychological harm that might result from the reading of this blog. Author The author is a paranoid, deranged and cynical misanthrope who records snippets of her life so that she will remember them when she grows old and withered. The identities of any names or initials on this blog are based on the assumptions of the reader unless otherwise specified, and the author claims no responsibility for them. Reality The author somehow got into medical school. Yes, you of the general public, shudder and fear the wrath of an inept doctor. Loves Reading, Maisy (my dog), tea, writing (albeit badly), piano, music, junk food. Hates Almost everything else besides the things mentioned above. Friends Bao Cheng' Bernice' Chien Young' Chun Hing' Claire' Faustina' Felicia' Ferly' Gloria' Irene' Irene & Jiaying' Jac' Jiamin' Jiasin' Jiaying' Lutheng' Karene' Marissa' Melesa' Mingyi' My fictionpress' Pamelia' Pei Rong' Qiu Ting' Rachel' Satires Site' Stasia' Sylvia' The Clique' Vinette' Wenjia' Xin Rong' Xue Ying' Yanne & I' Yanne & Jamie' Zeena' 203' Archives Chat area |
Saturday, May 21, 2005
I have just made a breakthrough in my history of music that the Chinese Trumpet(suo3na4) really sounds horrible. No offence to anyone in particular, but for some reason, I think it can burst my eardrums and make me go insane if I continue to listen to it. And my brother is watching The Romance Of the Three Kingdoms on Channel 8, with the volume at full blast. Good Lord! This is inane. Hmm... So what is the soul? Of course P4T hasn't given us any answers, but well, what constitues the soul? Is it just a figment of man's imagination, a fantasy, or does it exist? Definitely you cannot answer whether it exists, since perceptions make reality. That sentence is just for me, since some people cannot decide whether the theory that perceptions make reality stands. Another question is that what does the soul do? I mean, if people say that the soul answers the rhetorics of Life, then I hereby presume that the soul is the conscience, and it is all about ethics and morals(NOT MORALES!). Maybe the soul is just something to cast all the blame on when you can't get answers to Life. Maybe. Decide for yourselves, since I've been praying to get an answer, and God unfortunately hasn't hit me with a meteorite from Heaven to tell me the answer. So ultimately, what is Life? Using the Scientists' definition(I DO NOT HAVE RESPECT FOR THIS DEFINITION AT ALL), it is thestate of being which begins with generation, birth, or germination, and ends with death; also, the time during which this state continues; that state of an animal or plant in which all or any of its organs are capable of performing all or any of their functions. If this definition stands, that would mean that we all go through a state of nothingness while waiting for our deaths so that a new generation would come, and we do nothing but give birth. What sense does this make? My definition, is probably something like this: The potential principle, or force, by which the organs of animals and plants are started and continued in the performance of their several and cooperative functions; the vital force, whether regarded as physical or spiritual. Honestly, I think Philosophy has made me feel better about myself, yet be more cynical, even though I was very cynical before this already. HAHA. I know that's a paradox, but like it has made me question more, and by questioning more, it has made me more aware about what's happening around me, but the thoughts have made me more cynical since I know that humans are so limited in knowledge, and now my crave for knowledge can be branded as 'insatiable'. It's rather sad, isn't it? That's all I guess. Enough trash for you all to throw away. 2:00 PM
|