![]() |
|
|
Disclaimer The reader accepts, on reading of this disclaimer, that the Internet is a vast wasteland of crap that spews out of human minds. This blog is no different. Any assumptions or conclusions that the reader draws from this blog are not the responsibility of the author, along with any physical or psychological harm that might result from the reading of this blog. Author The author is a paranoid, deranged and cynical misanthrope who records snippets of her life so that she will remember them when she grows old and withered. The identities of any names or initials on this blog are based on the assumptions of the reader unless otherwise specified, and the author claims no responsibility for them. Reality The author somehow got into medical school. Yes, you of the general public, shudder and fear the wrath of an inept doctor. Loves Reading, Maisy (my dog), tea, writing (albeit badly), piano, music, junk food. Hates Almost everything else besides the things mentioned above. Friends Bao Cheng' Bernice' Chien Young' Chun Hing' Claire' Faustina' Felicia' Ferly' Gloria' Irene' Irene & Jiaying' Jac' Jiamin' Jiasin' Jiaying' Lutheng' Karene' Marissa' Melesa' Mingyi' My fictionpress' Pamelia' Pei Rong' Qiu Ting' Rachel' Satires Site' Stasia' Sylvia' The Clique' Vinette' Wenjia' Xin Rong' Xue Ying' Yanne & I' Yanne & Jamie' Zeena' 203' Archives Chat area |
Friday, May 06, 2005
I am very tired at the moment, and suffering from a severe migraine and a slight flu. Well, today was quite bad, with the MAJOR DEBATE as well as dental appointment, which was a mental torture(note the rhyme). It was NPCC day, so we got to stand outside our class for assembly. Faustina was asking me what would happen if she had poured water on the people marching, and we were laughing abt it with Zeena. Then Faustina was saying that if there were terrorists, the person giving the commands would have to say run before they could go. I then said that the person would go "contingent, contingent, ALAMAK!" since it was all supposed to be in Malay. We were all chortling away, and Mrs Ng so unfortunately caught us and went "JOLENE!" and glared murderously at me. During PCCG and Language Arts, I probably wasted the whole class' time when I debated with the Great One for half of the lessons. Apologies, people. So we were debating about things from Society to School(SNS). I conducted a verbal survey, and half of the people surveyed did not even know what was going on. The other half said I wasn't rude, and a minority said that they wanted to argue with the Great One but was too afraid to do so. Well, so it seems like I am the anti-hero of the day. We did nothing about the comic strip, and neither did I want to do anything since I am as artistically inclined as I am socially inept. See the connection yourself. Eunice finally read out the parody of Edgar Ellen Poe by the Obscure Author(aka me). Let's pray no happy teacher comes by this remote blog here. The whole class including Mrs Ng obviously knows who wrote it, and who the teacher is. Honestly, I don't really think Mrs Ng's a bore, but it's just a stereotype of teachers. So while Eunice was making full use of her oratical voice, Mrs Ng was staring at me. Well, I may add a list of the topics we talked about during the major debate, but it depends on whether my migraine gets better or not. We had Dance before Science, and I missed about half of the dance lesson because of my dental appointment! Science was all about balancing equations, of which I can't even remember how to do now. For the whole Maths lesson, we did (dis)cussing for our Maths SIA. Our group finished rather early, and we were all learning to be ambidextrous on the board. I am ambidextrous! Right... Maths tuition was so funny. We were chatting with Ms Lee and chatting away for half of the lesson. My Maths Journal was really ludicrous... And I still haven't perfected the Art of drawing straight lines. Sad... So here's the list of the topics of the debate. 1. Society; "branded schools". 2. Respecting others' culture. (HC people not having sportsmanship. Like RJ people do. No offence.) 3. Being optimistic(tell me how ironic this can go...) Me: If a white sheet of paper has a black dot on it, we can't say it's a white sheet of paper isn't it? Mrs Ng: But I choose to look at the white sheet of paper instead. (really, if she does, she won't be dissing our school every day.) Me: The truth sure hurts. Mrs Ng: Of course. I used to be like you when I was your age. (Right. I nearly hyperventilated here) 4. Stereotyping. 5. Having the right to speak what you think. Me: I may not agree with what you say, but I respect your right to say it. But unfortunately, the Soceity isn't like that. Look at the PAP's Speakers' Corner. It's just a bird sh*t-ing place now. *A few sentences down* Mrs Ng: I respect your right to say it... Talk about copyrights indeed. We have another Jayson Blair in the making. 5:59 PM
|