Disclaimer

The reader accepts, on reading of this disclaimer, that the Internet is a vast wasteland of crap that spews out of human minds. This blog is no different. Any assumptions or conclusions that the reader draws from this blog are not the responsibility of the author, along with any physical or psychological harm that might result from the reading of this blog.

Author

The author is a paranoid, deranged and cynical misanthrope who records snippets of her life so that she will remember them when she grows old and withered. The identities of any names or initials on this blog are based on the assumptions of the reader unless otherwise specified, and the author claims no responsibility for them.

Reality

The author somehow got into medical school. Yes, you of the general public, shudder and fear the wrath of an inept doctor.

Loves

Reading, Maisy (my dog), tea, writing (albeit badly), piano, music, junk food.

Hates

Almost everything else besides the things mentioned above.

Friends

Bao Cheng' Bernice' Chien Young' Chun Hing' Claire' Faustina' Felicia' Ferly' Gloria' Irene' Irene & Jiaying' Jac' Jiamin' Jiasin' Jiaying' Lutheng' Karene' Marissa' Melesa' Mingyi' My fictionpress' Pamelia' Pei Rong' Qiu Ting' Rachel' Satires Site' Stasia' Sylvia' The Clique' Vinette' Wenjia' Xin Rong' Xue Ying' Yanne & I' Yanne & Jamie' Zeena' 203'

Archives

03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004 10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004 01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005 02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005 03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005 04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005 05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005 06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005 07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005 08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005 09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005 10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005 11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006 02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006 03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006 04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006 05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006 06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006 07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006 08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006 09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006 10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006 11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006 12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007 01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007 02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007 03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007 04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007 06/01/2007 - 07/01/2007 07/01/2007 - 08/01/2007 08/01/2007 - 09/01/2007 09/01/2007 - 10/01/2007 10/01/2007 - 11/01/2007 11/01/2007 - 12/01/2007 12/01/2007 - 01/01/2008 01/01/2008 - 02/01/2008 02/01/2008 - 03/01/2008 03/01/2008 - 04/01/2008 04/01/2008 - 05/01/2008 05/01/2008 - 06/01/2008 06/01/2008 - 07/01/2008 07/01/2008 - 08/01/2008 08/01/2008 - 09/01/2008 09/01/2008 - 10/01/2008 10/01/2008 - 11/01/2008 11/01/2008 - 12/01/2008 12/01/2008 - 01/01/2009 01/01/2009 - 02/01/2009 02/01/2009 - 03/01/2009 03/01/2009 - 04/01/2009 04/01/2009 - 05/01/2009 05/01/2009 - 06/01/2009 06/01/2009 - 07/01/2009 07/01/2009 - 08/01/2009 08/01/2009 - 09/01/2009 09/01/2009 - 10/01/2009 12/01/2009 - 01/01/2010 08/01/2010 - 09/01/2010 12/01/2010 - 01/01/2011 06/01/2011 - 07/01/2011 04/01/2012 - 05/01/2012 08/01/2012 - 09/01/2012 09/01/2012 - 10/01/2012 10/01/2012 - 11/01/2012 11/01/2012 - 12/01/2012 12/01/2012 - 01/01/2013 01/01/2013 - 02/01/2013 02/01/2013 - 03/01/2013 03/01/2013 - 04/01/2013 04/01/2013 - 05/01/2013 05/01/2013 - 06/01/2013 06/01/2013 - 07/01/2013 07/01/2013 - 08/01/2013 11/01/2013 - 12/01/2013 12/01/2013 - 01/01/2014 02/01/2014 - 03/01/2014 03/01/2014 - 04/01/2014 05/01/2014 - 06/01/2014

Chat area


Tuesday, May 31, 2005

2nd time blogging.

Really, I don't see the point of Life. What's Life anyway? It's just when you start bawling after coming out of your mother's womb, then start trying to walk, go to school till you are about 20 years old, then work till you are about 65 years old, then die. If that's Life, I don't see the point anymore. I mean, I know that this sounds really cynical, but well... Sometimes, I wonder why people work. But of course, I am just wasting my time thinking about such things, since no one cares. But this is my blog for that matter, and I post what I want, you read what you want, since perceptions make reality.

And about the perfect parent. Is it a fact, or fiction? To me, I think it's fiction. Of course, you would all be cursing and swearing at this cynical assh*le churning out such trash to make you all become suicidal, and your little momsies would come after me with choppers and voodoo dolls. But really, perceptions make reality. I was telling Sars on the bus today. Is there a parent, who never once scolded you, beat you, showed you all the care you wanted as a kid? Then when you grow up into a toddler, was the parent there to hold you when you fall down(literally and metaphorically)? How about when you progress on the meaningless journey and pass the doors of adolescence? Was the parent ever there to consider your feelings and tolerate your mood swings all the time? What about the start of the climb up the steep corporate ladder, when everyone is clambering, and you might lose your balance at times, and fall flat on your face? Was that parent ever there to pick you up?

Most of the times, the answer is no, at least in my case. When I was a toddler and had learnt to walk, I would sit on the balcony ledge all day long waiting for my parents to walk past that green gate to enter the house. When I finally caught sight of them, I would clamber down clumsily and sometimes fall flat on my face. Of course no one knew about this, and I do not remember much too, since I suspect that I did suffer a case of amnesia in the past(I am not kidding).

When I first got "promoted"(or demoted) to Primary School(since it's yet another synonym of Hell), my parents did nothing to help me with my Chinese initially. As a result, I'd flunked every CA in Primary 1. Of course, I had to pick myself up and prove to the world that I could do it, that I could stand up myself. And I did prove myself right in the end, though no one else gave a hoot about it.

So I aced my PSLE, though I didn't do as well as my brother, and missed the EESIS by one mark. For that, I was condemned for my entire life. How miserable life is indeed... And in Secondary School, just entering the age of adolescence, where were my parents? I did not even dare to muster my courage to tell them I had fainted in school. I had to tell them that everything was perfect, that there was nothing wrong in my life, even though I feel so miserable. Where was the perfect parent in times like this? A teardrop away? What hogwash... Even after weeping buckets, the perfect parent would never appear.

Seriously, Atticus should change his name to "Antique-cus", since parents like him are extinct, with asteriods and meteoroids hitting the Earth(metaphorically of course, for those too dense to understand). Well, what a "sian-sation" this post has been.

8:37 PM