![]() |
|
|
Disclaimer The reader accepts, on reading of this disclaimer, that the Internet is a vast wasteland of crap that spews out of human minds. This blog is no different. Any assumptions or conclusions that the reader draws from this blog are not the responsibility of the author, along with any physical or psychological harm that might result from the reading of this blog. Author The author is a paranoid, deranged and cynical misanthrope who records snippets of her life so that she will remember them when she grows old and withered. The identities of any names or initials on this blog are based on the assumptions of the reader unless otherwise specified, and the author claims no responsibility for them. Reality The author somehow got into medical school. Yes, you of the general public, shudder and fear the wrath of an inept doctor. Loves Reading, Maisy (my dog), tea, writing (albeit badly), piano, music, junk food. Hates Almost everything else besides the things mentioned above. Friends Bao Cheng' Bernice' Chien Young' Chun Hing' Claire' Faustina' Felicia' Ferly' Gloria' Irene' Irene & Jiaying' Jac' Jiamin' Jiasin' Jiaying' Lutheng' Karene' Marissa' Melesa' Mingyi' My fictionpress' Pamelia' Pei Rong' Qiu Ting' Rachel' Satires Site' Stasia' Sylvia' The Clique' Vinette' Wenjia' Xin Rong' Xue Ying' Yanne & I' Yanne & Jamie' Zeena' 203' Archives Chat area |
Friday, April 29, 2005
Well, I finally got some inspiration from my brother's SMS to my mum for the 'singlish' poem. But right now, I shall let it fully sink in before writing it. This morning, there was this really bad smell in the quadrangle for some reason. Maybe I am too sensitive to smells, but even Mrs Ng smelt it. Well, she obviously wanted to stand next to me during flag-raising for some silly reason, but she's been paying loads of SPECIAL ATTENTION to me this week. She was wearing her Converse shoes, as Seraphina and Pei Rong had wished. She then said something about me being the Joker in a pack of cards as I was able to move around and be any card. She then asked if I had read Solitaire Mystery, which is by Jostein Gaarder, and I said yes. I had read it last year, but with her mentioning it, I couldn't resist the temptation and borrowed it again. I shall stop digressing. I then answered by thanking her and saying that I was the trickiest of all. Interesting, eh? Assembly was dead boring. Well, we didn't break the Guiness record after all, but what's the point? As long as we all enjoyed ourselves, it's fine with me. Actually, if you all actually read the 2nd page of Home yesterday, you would have seen that our school was featured. I remember vividly that the Papers said we did the 'popiah' for 'fundraising for CHARITY'. I was rather angered at that fact, as I do not see the damned point about why the school always wants itself to be portrayed in such a charitable manner, and was rather loud when I spoke to Faustina about it. Mrs Ng obviously heard what I said, and so I apologized to her although I am not sure whether she knew I was apologizing to her. She probably thought I was apologizing to Faustina. That leads me to my next portion of this post. Mrs Ng then went to class and talked about the 'popiah' event, which was obviously aimed at me. I feigned ignorance to stop myself from retorting in anger. She said something about not criticizing if you can't come up with better ideas, and being a good follower like herself. Unfortunately, I beg to differ. She was doing nothing except acting like Cleopatra's maids and fanning the 'popiah'. If she sees this, my head would probably be rolling on the floor tomorrow and hung up like in the Rape of Nanking(Nanyang). I know this is really politically incorrect, but if you all haven't seen the irony, I can do nothing about it. So what is the true definition of a GOOD, let me emphasize on the word GOOD. I think there are 2 words that need to be defined; firstly, good, and secondly, follower. The word 'good' here probably means mindless doing for some members of the class, but personally, I think it is contributing and understanding the purpose of some actions. 'Follower' is defined as making background decisions for me. But with this definitions, I can ascertain the fact that I am not a good follower. I am not afraid to admit this for any reason. Firstly, I am very traumatised after the LSC incident, as I finally realised that I do not understand the true feelings of a girl and I really wish that history would never repeat itself (What happens once would never happen again, what happens twice would happen a third time). Secondly, my ideals and principles are really like the South and North pole of the world with most of the class, and for your additional information, our class is not one bounded by polarity. I am getting really scientific here... Lastly, I DO make the effort to contribute, but pertaining to the 2 above key reasons, my contributions amount to nothing most of the time. We watched Shrek 2 during Language Arts, and Irene, please remember that Piracy discourages Creativity. Zeena and I were shrieking with laughter, and it was the first time I saw Zeena like that. We were discussing the events in the movie, and identifying the ironies. The parodies in the movie were HILARIOUS! Actually, they are mostly fairytales, like the 3 little pigs. I found the fairy godmother highly ironic. She is supposed to be a FAIRY, not a DEVIL. The part about Shrek and Fiona was touching, though it was rather anti-climax when puss-in-boots spoke(mewed?). It happened that we researched on Hollywood recently for the debate, and I came across the cast of Shrek 2. So when the rest were amazed at the voices behind the cast, Zeena and I were like "Didn't you know???". I personally think that Eddie Murphy is one of the most hilarious guys on Earth. The Nutty Professor... Chinese, Science and Maths borred zee hell outta moi. I am speaking in American accent. I finished my Chinese Comprehension 10 minutes earlier and could only subject myself to self-entertainment, which turned out to entertain/distract the rest, resulting in them not finishing their comprehension. My sincerest apologies here. The self-entertaining virus obviously found a really good breeding place/sanatorium in my brain, and refused to leave. I shall start writing the poem now, and hope to finish it by tonight, though I think it would be highly impossible. Goodbye! 6:04 PM
|