![]() |
|
|
Disclaimer The reader accepts, on reading of this disclaimer, that the Internet is a vast wasteland of crap that spews out of human minds. This blog is no different. Any assumptions or conclusions that the reader draws from this blog are not the responsibility of the author, along with any physical or psychological harm that might result from the reading of this blog. Author The author is a paranoid, deranged and cynical misanthrope who records snippets of her life so that she will remember them when she grows old and withered. The identities of any names or initials on this blog are based on the assumptions of the reader unless otherwise specified, and the author claims no responsibility for them. Reality The author somehow got into medical school. Yes, you of the general public, shudder and fear the wrath of an inept doctor. Loves Reading, Maisy (my dog), tea, writing (albeit badly), piano, music, junk food. Hates Almost everything else besides the things mentioned above. Friends Bao Cheng' Bernice' Chien Young' Chun Hing' Claire' Faustina' Felicia' Ferly' Gloria' Irene' Irene & Jiaying' Jac' Jiamin' Jiasin' Jiaying' Lutheng' Karene' Marissa' Melesa' Mingyi' My fictionpress' Pamelia' Pei Rong' Qiu Ting' Rachel' Satires Site' Stasia' Sylvia' The Clique' Vinette' Wenjia' Xin Rong' Xue Ying' Yanne & I' Yanne & Jamie' Zeena' 203' Archives Chat area |
Wednesday, April 20, 2005
I just came home from the Debates competition. Shall keep you all in suspense, and only release the results later. I am so evil, ain't I? We changed our seats today. I am sitting at Qiu Ting's seat, and I don't really like it as I cannot relax that much during lessons. The new Pope was announced today, on the radio early in the morning. It's Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger if I am not mistaken. He's from Germany. Loads of people say that he is very conservative, but I think that is actually good. During Chinese, I was quite bored. We were doing idioms today, and I am an idiot at idioms, so well... Language Arts was quite alright, though Bernice switched the computer off halfway. I requested to sign up first, as I had to rehearse my speech with the other debaters. So I got Creative Writing. Sorry for those who didn't get what they want... I totally blanked out during Geography, and was just writing long essays of nonsense. I bet my head that I would fail. Science was quite boring. But at about 12 o'clock, the other debaters came to call me. I thought it was during lunch, thus I was shocked. The whole class was shocked too... I know I don't look like a debater, but is it that shocking? Anyway, thanks alot for your well wishes! We were super early for the competition, and started a little debate amongst ourselves, though I was neutral. Anyway, we won the debate against PLMGS, and lost the one against SCGS. Our coach was saying that the SCGS speakers were already in Julia Gabriels last year, and consoling us. Well, it's our first time speaking, so I guess it's quite alright... Though I am quite disappointed. But who cares about whether we won or lost? We shouldn't look back... We should only look forward to the QUARTER-FINALS WITH MGS NEXT WEEK! Ok... We got through to the next round. We were ranked 7 among about 18 schools. RI was first, followed by MGS, RGS, ACS(I), Catholic High, SCGS, us and Fairfield Methodist. I am seriously freaking out now. It's the semi-finals next week as well! That's if we actually get to the semi-finals... But debaters, remember the pact we made with RGS? That we would kill the other schools and meet in the finals. We can do it! Shall stop uttering nonsense and go for my dinner now. See ya! 7:14 PM
|